Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 04:14 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,945,257 times

Advertisements

A) they are going to post the 18 minute speech on the WH website before he gives it. B) Do any of you mouth breathers realize how much crap he would be in if he decided to make the speech political and panders to CHILDREN as opposed to making a professional speech about doing well in school and staying off of drugs? This will probably be his most watched speech (other than election night and inauguration) and if he does something stupid then he will get reamed.

It's sad to see how scared and (I'll be point blank) stupid most of you people are. I did not vote for the guy nor do I think he is doing a very good job but I would not pull my kid (only 7 months now but still wouldn't) out of school because the President wanted to make a speech aimed towards school kids. I would tell them how great it is that we live in a country where this is possible. How great a country we live in where a race of people who where once slaves now have a representative in the most powerful post in the world. I would tell them about our freedoms and our rights and how this country affords all of it's citizens opportunities to better themselves.

I would then sit her down and explain to her that there are also people in this world that deserve to be called fools because instead of hoping that the POTUS is successful, regardless of whether or not we agree with him, they would rather see him fail AND see the country fail and turn deeper into a recession than have to make some sacrifices and changes to possibly see some good come out of his Presidency.

I don't care how he does it....if he can be successful then that is all that matters. Anyone who wants to see a failure out of ANY Presidency is a moron, is a traitor and should just take a hike for the next 4 years if they don't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 04:26 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
"I don't want anyone talking to my kid, without me present"

i would LOVE to know how you plan to pull this off.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:45 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,991,561 times
Default Can you simply acknowledge when he screw's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon11 View Post
You know, if you knew how President Obama goes to the bathroom, you would find something to even criticize him about how he does that & you know it!
Is the problem that you cannot find fault with what I write - thus, you simply go to false accusations?

The White House (Obama) screwed-up. Simple as that.

And they are trying to patch up a mistake. And, the American people do not like patched-up things.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:37 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
You guys are so disillusioned. I am just going to get off this forum as it will go no where with you too, WHo?Me?, as its like talkingt o spolied children, as they are always right and arent willing to open there eyes or ears and really sit down and look at things.
Bye Bye

Anyone who resorts to Obama wasn't born here, he isn't a citizen loses the argument right then and there...

Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,488,120 times
And conservatives complain about liberal indoctrination when they don't want their children exposed to the voice of their own president.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:23 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,515,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Anyone who resorts to Obama wasn't born here, he isn't a citizen loses the argument right then and there...
Spoken like a true believer. All hale the messiah.
Nothing has been proven of his birth place, except a photo-shopped Birth Certificate and yet no certificate of live birth. And right after his inauguration he seals by executive order anything to do with his past. Interesting, TRANSPARENCY!! Go Hitler #2
Whatever, you DEMS, LIBERALS will have him for 4 years, then reality will kick in and everyone will realize that he and his followers will be gone. Soak it all in, the party will be over soon enough.
Democracy will see its way through, business's will prosper, etc etc
Cant wait for 2010's elections to get rid of all the dumb a** DEMS, and balance the government.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:02 PM

7 posts, read 7,653 times
should be quite entertaining for the children!

http://www.pleaseretweet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/obama-mini-me.gif (broken link)

Old 09-06-2009, 10:06 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,129,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
A) they are going to post the 18 minute speech on the WH website before he gives it. B) Do any of you mouth breathers realize how much crap he would be in if he decided to make the speech political and panders to CHILDREN as opposed to making a professional speech about doing well in school and staying off of drugs? This will probably be his most watched speech (other than election night and inauguration) and if he does something stupid then he will get reamed.

It's sad to see how scared and (I'll be point blank) stupid most of you people are. I did not vote for the guy nor do I think he is doing a very good job but I would not pull my kid (only 7 months now but still wouldn't) out of school because the President wanted to make a speech aimed towards school kids. I would tell them how great it is that we live in a country where this is possible. How great a country we live in where a race of people who where once slaves now have a representative in the most powerful post in the world. I would tell them about our freedoms and our rights and how this country affords all of it's citizens opportunities to better themselves.

I would then sit her down and explain to her that there are also people in this world that deserve to be called fools because instead of hoping that the POTUS is successful, regardless of whether or not we agree with him, they would rather see him fail AND see the country fail and turn deeper into a recession than have to make some sacrifices and changes to possibly see some good come out of his Presidency.

I don't care how he does it....if he can be successful then that is all that matters. Anyone who wants to see a failure out of ANY Presidency is a moron, is a traitor and should just take a hike for the next 4 years if they don't like it.
I just think this needed a second "showing".

Old 09-06-2009, 10:10 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Spoken like a true believer. All hale the messiah.
Nothing has been proven of his birth place, except a photo-shopped Birth Certificate and yet no certificate of live birth. And right after his inauguration he seals by executive order anything to do with his past. Interesting, TRANSPARENCY!! Go Hitler #2
Whatever, you DEMS, LIBERALS will have him for 4 years, then reality will kick in and everyone will realize that he and his followers will be gone. Soak it all in, the party will be over soon enough.
Democracy will see its way through, business's will prosper, etc etc
Cant wait for 2010's elections to get rid of all the dumb a** DEMS, and balance the government.

1. Ahh yeah its photo-shopped, nice asinine conspiracy theory there.

2. Why was his birth certificate even an issue in the first place?? I don't recall it being an issue for anyone else?

3. Why am I even bothering entering into an argument with someone so completely and utterly delusional?

Old 09-06-2009, 10:13 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,515,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I just think this needed a second "showing".
Nobody wants him to fail, no one. If he does, they will blame it on the right. If he is successful we all benifit.
Its his agenda, his spending, his health care, his czars. They are terrible ideas. He hasnt shown any , not one bit, leadership. He doesnt take credit or accountability for anything at all. ANd the fricking apologies to all the other countries , and for what. ANd leaving Israel in the dark is just stupid.
We need a leader, not a community organizer!
If he could just get Congress to be bipartisan, that would be a feat, and would probably put faith back into his position as POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies