Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,430,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Do we really need to have an explaination of terms here? Liberals I know, big union,like big government spending, vote democrat are ok with higher taxes,They are Liberals.
As I suspected, bad definition. Liberals are about social issues as much as economic issues. I don't believe a liberal can be a racist. Or rather a racist can't be a liberal.

Quote:
as for using the word n**ger, dont give me any of your bs you know as well as i do anybody throwing that term around would be labeled a racist in a heartbeat. I know what real racism is above and beyond using one word, the people I am talking about perpetuate every stereotype there is.
I assume you are speaking only of white people.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,040,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Well my step-dad's white and my mom is black......

People of all races have racists or a better way to say it, racists come in all colors.

Not all gays want to be married.
Not all Christians hate gays.
Not all Muslims hate America.
Not all Liberals are pro-choice.
Not all Conservatives are against a single payer system or universal health insurance/coverage/care.
Not all Liberals are for marriage equality for same sex couples.

The list can go on.

It's better to get to know people as people first and labels second.
It's easier said than done.

It doesn't seem like you've been here long OP. Stick around and try to learn a few things. =]
Well stated, Purple!

Old 09-06-2009, 08:55 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,800,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
As I suspected, bad definition. Liberals are about social issues as much as economic issues. I don't believe a liberal can be a racist. Or rather a racist can't be a liberal.

I have met a few liberals that struck me with racist vibes.
"Of course we should put the best teachers in minority neighborhoods in order to help out the minority children." "We need affirmative action because without it minorities couldn't get anywhere."

Liberals can even be homophobic too.

"I don't have a problem with gays getting married. Just don't force me to be around any gays."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Well stated, Purple!
I'm glad we can find common ground.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:56 PM

9,895 posts, read 10,837,347 times
Quote:

Well folks ther you have it! Straight from the horses mouth! Jesse Jackson Al Sharpton Rev Wright....all Liberals and all some of the biggest Racist this country has known! Sorry Sagran you lose.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,905,047 times
Quote:
Do we really need to have an explaination of terms here? Liberals I know, big union,like big government spending, vote democrat are ok with higher taxes,They are Liberals. as for using the word n**ger, dont give me any of your bs you know as well as i do anybody throwing that term around would be labeled a racist in a heartbeat. I know what real racism is above and beyond using one word, the people I am talking about perpetuate every stereotype there is.
I lean more liberal than conservative, am very ambivalent about unions, don't like "big government spending" if that means waste, usually vote Democratic. IMO, anyone who uses the word n**ger is a racist.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I lean more liberal than conservative, am very ambivalent about unions, don't like "big government spending" if that means waste, usually vote Democratic. IMO, anyone who uses the word n**ger is a racist.
well you will probably hear from sagran and purplegirl on that one.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Well folks ther you have it! Straight from the horses mouth! Jesse Jackson Al Sharpton Rev Wright....all Liberals and all some of the biggest Racist this country has known! Sorry Sagran you lose.
Lose what? I have no idea what you are talking about and why you quoted me with that tirade.

I find myself thinking -- and posting -- that a lot lately.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,800,602 times
Quote:

Not all Liberals are alike.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
wtf??

Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Lose what? I have no idea what you are talking about and why you quoted me with that tirade.

I find myself thinking -- and posting -- that a lot lately.
Do you forget your posts that quickly? follow the trail it will come back to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies