Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Links exist here on CD which shows the old, and the new, lesson plans which show that the speech was changed.

The original lesson plans included such activities as, writing about how children can help the president pass his programs..

The new lesson plans say no such thing..

I know you loved Bush, but he's not the topic of discussion today..
Are these the exact words? If not then you are making stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 AM

38,026 posts, read 22,203,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yeah? It's the same stuff, that's why I didnt quote it.

as zimbochick pointed out, "The lesson plan from the Department of Education asked students to "write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president."

To themselves!
...and creepy all at the same time.

"Okay students, lets write letters to each other, about ways we can help the president be successful, remember children it's all about him."

Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,545,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Which speech did she see, the original speech or the rewritten speech?

Why are you refering too the Department of Education lesson plan as the Presidents speech? The lesson plan included the exact same thing as Reagan and Bush 1 requested of students. He did not release then turned around and change his speech. You would know that if you stopped listening to the anti-obama crowd and learn to do a little listening and reading of your own.

I'm not surprised that Laura Bush took the stance that she did, but I am VERY surprised at the interview from Newt Gingrich. He supported the President speaking to the children and totally disagreed with all of the backlash.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,099 times
I don't know what all the fuss is. Most US kids have a 15 second attention span so the remaining 17 min and 45 seconds will be ignored anyways.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
More importantly, have you? The lesson plan from the Department of Education asked students to "Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president." Now that was obviously open to interpretation, and that is why they changed the wording.
Um, that looks very clearly like an admission that it was indeed changed, and one of the most pathetic attempts to again excuse incompettence..

So you claim the assignment was re-worded, but not the speech? Really, then point out what the president asked for help from these students for IN the speech released?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You can't possibly know for a fact that he changed his speech, unless you are the speech writer. It was only released yesterday.
If they removed half of the assignment and "reworded" it from "you can you help the president", and NOTHING in the speech lists any request for help.. It doesnt take my 4th grade student to know that things were removed.. You cant ask for help to do something previously asked for in a speech, if you havent previously asked for it.. (new speech)

Old 09-08-2009, 09:29 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,459,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Links exist here on CD which shows the old, and the new, lesson plans which show that the speech was changed.

The original lesson plans included such activities as, writing about how children can help the president pass his programs..

The new lesson plans say no such thing..

I know you loved Bush, but he's not the topic of discussion today..

another flat out lie. Once again, prove it. I read the old lesson plan (and that is what it was, not the "speech") and did not see one single word about helping the "president pass his programs". NOT ONE SINGLE WORD.

Now my best guess is that because it was not released with the actual speech, it was open to misinterpretaion by those of you who are extraordinarily paranoid and sure that something sinister is going on. But when you take into account the true nature of the speech, as it was descibed WEEKS AGO, it was always going to be about setting goals and the importance of education.

paranoia is a very scary thing folks, i know...but you need to screw on your thinking caps and take a deep breath before assuming the worst. Because I think we all learned in school what happens when you "ASSume".

Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Are these the exact words? If not then you are making stuff up.
Reading the speech then, when the question of

Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president."

Tell me what they meant from the CURRENT speech when they asked for help.. What did the education or Obama need/want these childrens help to do? NOTHING in the speech would lead to this question because they dont ask for help from students. The ONLY logical rationality for this question is if they were going to be asked for help, and this request was removed..

Old 09-08-2009, 09:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
...and creepy all at the same time.

"Okay students, lets write letters to each other, about ways we can help the president be successful, remember children it's all about him."
"to each other," I must have missed that part. Could you quote it for me?

That fantasy quote says everything about your feelings but nothing about the reality.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
another flat out lie. Once again, prove it. I read the old lesson plan (and that is what it was, not the "speech") and did not see one single word about helping the "president pass his programs". NOT ONE SINGLE WORD.
So Obama needed the childrens help to do what? Looking at the speech, where did Obama ask the chilren for help, and what for?

The original assignment included a list of such things like

"what they can do to help the president."

Help the president do what? Again, NOTHING in the current speech asks the children for help to do anything.. NOTHING.. Any fool can tell that the speech was modified to remove any such request for help after these requests were highly critical..

Old 09-08-2009, 09:34 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,581,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I heard that they are going to be using subliminal messaging during the speech to have kids go home and report any parent or adult who is not in line with the Obama WH. That and if you listen to the recording backwards it will say "Kill Dick Cheney".
I so needed this laugh today. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies