Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times

Advertisements

His Presidency is on the line. Tonight he has to cut bait or run. His choice. He can be a MAN and stand up to his enemies and treat them like the enemies they are. Or he can continue to studder, stammer and talk about "bi partisanship" and watch his Presidency be destroyed much like Jimmy Carter's was when he would not man up.
If he is smart he will end the Rodney King "can't we all just get along" crap with the Republicans and come out swinging. He will come out and say "The American people elected an overwhelming number of Democrats and they expect the change they were promised and I am going to deliver that change starting tonight". And then he will say "this is the plan I am putting forward to Congress and anything less than this will force me to take this pen out and veto it and veto everything else until this plan is on my desk to be signed".
Will Obama do it? Does he have the guts? I don't know but if he does, his support will go up. People like a strong leader- even one they do not agree with (which is why Reagan won 48 states on his second term). People do not like a wishy washy leader. We will see tonight what this guy is REALLY cut from!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 10:36 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
i have never seen a president attacked so much in the early stages of office.
b4 he even did anything. this is a man that got a landslide election victory.
it is the people that say they are the true americans that are his enemy.
somebody is lying.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
somebody is lying.
In all fairness to everyone, much of his vote was "anti-Bush".

As a result, I think a lot of folks kind of developed their own image of how he would be once elected, and are finding out their assumptions were incorrect.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
somebody is lying.
I think more people voted "against" Bush than "for" Obama last year.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,845 times
He will fail......

Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
In all fairness to everyone, much of his vote was "anti-Bush".

As a result, I think a lot of folks kind of developed their own image of how he would be once elected, and are finding out their assumptions were incorrect.
His vote was mostly anti Bush. It is hysterical and pathetic though how his followers act just like neocons as evident by the OP.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
His Presidency is on the line. Tonight he has to cut bait or run. His choice. He can be a MAN and stand up to his enemies and treat them like the enemies they are. Or he can continue to studder, stammer and talk about "bi partisanship" and watch his Presidency be destroyed much like Jimmy Carter's was when he would not man up.
If he is smart he will end the Rodney King "can't we all just get along" crap with the Republicans and come out swinging. He will come out and say "The American people elected an overwhelming number of Democrats and they expect the change they were promised and I am going to deliver that change starting tonight". And then he will say "this is the plan I am putting forward to Congress and anything less than this will force me to take this pen out and veto it and veto everything else until this plan is on my desk to be signed".
Will Obama do it? Does he have the guts? I don't know but if he does, his support will go up. People like a strong leader- even one they do not agree with (which is why Reagan won 48 states on his second term). People do not like a wishy washy leader. We will see tonight what this guy is REALLY cut from!
I agree with the premise that this is his make-or-break moment. However, he has not wielded the veto pen up to this point, so I don't expect him to make that kind of threat now. Also, I believe that Obama is smart enough to know that the GOP is not his enemy. Why? Because *if* the GOP wins seats in the 2010 elections, he will then have to revert back to being "friends" again. Obama understands this, so I wouldn't expect him to come out as Billy Bad Ass tonight. Forceful rhetoric maybe, but not threatening.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 09-09-2009 at 11:30 AM..

Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 AM

6,826 posts, read 14,043,433 times
The fact of the matter is the republicans will never support the public option. Obama's campaign promised the public option and most folks don't think he can get it with the support he has now. Any bill without the public option will be considered a Obama failure and a victory for the republicans. The party of "just say no" are in pretty good position on this one. If the president really wants the public option he is going to have to use strong arm tactics to get it.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:59 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times
He's going to try and polish a turd tonight. This health care bill is still going to be a turd when tonight is over.

The far left is just upset that the majority of America, whether they voted for Obama or not, is starting to get uneasy with this garbage.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I think more people voted "against" Bush than "for" Obama last year.
McCain people ... John McCain!

I thought he his a nice ground rule double yesterday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies