Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:53 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,806,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As Americans, I believe we reject communism because it historically has allowed a tiny group of people to consolidate complete control over national resources (including people), in the process stifling competition, freedom and choice. It leaves its citizens stagnating under the perpetual broken systems with no natural motivation to innovate, improve services or reduce costs.

Lack of choice, lazy, unresponsive customer service, a culture of exploitation and a small powerbase formed by cronyism and nepotism are the hallmarks of a communist system that steals from its citizenry and a major reason why America spent half a century fighting a Cold War with the U.S.S.R.

And yet today we find ourselves as a country in two distinctly different categories: those who are forced to compete tooth and nail each day to provide value to society in return for income for ourselves and our families and those who would instead use our lawmaking apparatus to help themselves to our tax money and/or to protect themselves from true competition.

If you allow weak, outdated players to take control of the government and change the rules so they are protected from the natural competition and reward systems that have created so many innovations in our country, you not only steal from the citizens on behalf of the least worthy but you also doom them by trapping the capital that would be used to generate new innovation and, most tangibly in our current situation, jobs.
Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dylan-ratigan/the-cost-of-corporate-com_b_312516.html

The health insurance industry is definitely afraid of competition.

I agree with you Cobalt, most people in Congress don't give a crap about us. There are a few good apples but there is great emphasis on A FEW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:09 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,078,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder how many people agree with this poll. I bet it is at least a bit low as for the total number.

78% Say All Americans Should Be Able To Buy The Health Insurance That Congress Has - Rasmussen Reports™
I agree, have Congress extend this plan, which incidentally cover the janitors as well as the Senators to all Americans.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:31 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,317,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Morgandy View Post
Universal health care is a human right and should not be a matter of profit. I, like thousands of others, support universal, single payer health care.
In your new micronation you can make that happen.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:47 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,512,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Individual freedom is ridiculous now?
Yeah, the sick and twisted version of it that some people espouse most definitely is. Maybe I'm tired of paying through the nose for some of the developed world's worst health care. Who the heck do you think you are to come along with some distorted and self-centered misunderstanding of the concept of freedom and demand that I keep shelling out more for less? That's stealing from one group to do no more than smooth the poor ruffled feathers of another. Scream one thing, do another. Yeah, not really a hypocrite or anything like that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies