Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 11:57 PM

689 posts, read 743,016 times

Advertisements

I didn't read any of this. I just want to point out that I'm sick of the term "fear mongering" for the record. It's losing it's luster. It has become a term that attempts to punk people into agreeing with them. "Doh...geez. I don't want to be a fear monger. I better agree with this cat."

I'm sure you all care. Try not to lose any sleep over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
I didn't read any of this. I just want to point out that I'm sick of the term "fear mongering" for the record. It's losing it's luster. It has become a term that attempts to punk people into agreeing with them. "Doh...geez. I don't want to be a fear monger. I better agree with this cat."

I'm sure you all care. Try not to lose any sleep over it.
Ummm...please don't insult the felines. My cats are independents, and pretty independent a that.

The rest of your post? very sensible. I agree completely. One of those meaningless terms that has outlived its usefulness. Just like "racist". Y'all can't scare us with that.

Thanks for that limerick, callmechaz. Couldn't rep you again, but it deserves it. Maybe someone else will rep you for me.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:58 AM

146 posts, read 155,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Woo HOO! America can start looking like Mexico or some third would country!

Who the h*ll do you think supports all the losers but the middle and upper class. Without them they would starve. God the left is stupid!

no more super rich and super poor. Equality is the new wave.

No one person should make more than 10 times someone else

Old 09-16-2009, 08:06 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's the craziest thing I have ever seen how left wingers are so indoctrinated that even when facts are right in their face they cannot see. Unbelievable!
This, coming from a person who thinks that our president's name is "Hussein Obama"??? Yes, it is unbelievable, but for different reasons than you think.

Last edited by Donna7; 09-16-2009 at 08:25 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
Beck said on cluster fox that "the university of I don't remember" put the number of tea baggers at 1.7 million. LMFAO. This guy lies and cries at the drop of a hat then drops the hat himself. He is a cheap televangelist. The park service put the number along with the fire dept. of WDC at 60 to 70 thousand. Beck needs to lie to keep his movement more like a bowel movement going. This is ridiculous. Even though it was a small rally in numbers there has not been more swastikas at a rally since Nuremberg. Tin Foil hat egg heads. Just admit that it was a bunch of racist idiots who can not stand the black guy in the white house.
I listened to another commentator that said the same thing (regarding "the university of I don't remember"). It turns out that Michelle Malkin gave that number of 1.7 million. That's why Beck couldn't remember, because there is NO university that gave that number. Also, you are spot-on with the "bunch of racist idiots who cannot stand the black guy in the the White House." I have no idea why they don't just come out and admit it.

In my opinion, Obama has gone WAAAY too far trying to supplicate the right-wing haters, to the point of starting to alienate his supporters, which happen to be the majority of this country, or at least WERE the majority of this country who got him elected. My advice for him is to stay the course and let Beck and the other ignoramuses bury themselves with their own ignorance. Get the job done and don't look back. We need progress in our country, not a bunch of right-wing, "take us back to the Dark Ages" fear and hate-mongers. Let them go back to the Dark Ages where they belong while the rest of us move forward and join the other countries who are now surpassing us. We better get with it - and soon!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think that MSLSD (MSNBC to you) even had a crew there. How does Ubermann get all his numbers to deal with? Surely not from being there.
Didn't you watch and listen to Olberman. He told you where he got the number.

Oh, yes. roy, do you know why Beck didn't show up at the march? I mean he did organize it, didn't he? Or was that freedomworks? Where was Beck on the day of the rally? Was he there? As probably Beck's number one fan, I thought you could shed some light on these questions for me.

thanks.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Folks need to calm down and mellow out, and please for the millionth time... do not make this personal and about each other, stay on topic. This is not a request.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:04 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph107 View Post
no more super rich and super poor. Equality is the new wave.

No one person should make more than 10 times someone else
You're wrong, this is America and someone who goes out gets a life for themselves deserves more than 10 times a lazy ass does.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Also, you are spot-on with the "bunch of racist idiots who cannot stand the black guy in the the White House." I have no idea why they don't just come out and admit it.

Maybe, just maybe, because it isn't true?

In my opinion, Obama has gone WAAAY too far trying to supplicate the right-wing haters, to the point of starting to alienate his supporters, which happen to be the majority of this country, or at least WERE the majority of this country who got him elected.

What a clever spin. Figures, the left will find a way to explain the reason for Obama's decline in popularity other than giving credit to his supporters for beginning to see the light

... Let them go back to the Dark Ages where they belong while the rest of us move forward
I see that honest differences in opinion and prespective are not welcome.
Of course, we already knew that, but if the frequent reminders and name calling are meant to dissuade or discourage, it won't work. Try reason.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Kinda like in India. Cows have more rights than people. This is definitely the way we should go.

YAY INDIA!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies