Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:10 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have listed all the government programs below that are run efficiently and do better than any private program.....

..... oh wait, there are none.

That's interesting. Who is claiming that private industry will be taken away? You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 11:11 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
haha.. They do appear to have finally fixed the US Post Office and made it revenue neutral, How? they privatized it..

I'd assume you have your own health insurance now. If so, then why do you care if another option is put on the table?

Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'd assume you have your own health insurance now. If so, then why do you care if another option is put on the table?
I do not have health insurance, every other member of my family does.. That doesnt mean that I should support the federal government overstepping their authorizations and that I think they can/should violate the constitituion so they can support my unwanting to buy insurance. That also doesnt mean that I support the government dictating to the rest of my families insurance companies what they need to require. I buy for them what I can afford and what is in my budget. If I dont like what is being offered, I can simply go elsewhere..

I CHOOSE to not have care, if I cant afford to pay for care as needed, then I should suffer the consequences, ie change the laws to deny me care, similar to if I did not have fire insurance and my home burned to the ground. Do I get to call the govt and have them rebuild for me?

Old 09-09-2009, 11:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
maybe this can help.
FACT CHECK: Obama uses iffy math on deficit pledge - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090910/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_health_care_fact_check - broken link)

Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Will they quit the crazy rhetoric and actually work with Obama to provide health care reform to America? Or are the going to remain the party of "NO"?
I wouldn't hold my breath...

Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath...
Perhaps if the public were given a few specific facts that it would help.
Example. Actual projected cost. No funny number crunching either.
How will it be paid for. Provide specifics.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All of America has HC, except for about 30 million (the new number), of which 15-20 million are young, healthy people not interested in paying HC premiums.
That is an incorrect interpretation of the statistic. About half of all 18-34 yr olds w/o inusrance are "voluntarily" uninsured. That does not mean that half of all the uninsured are "voluntarily" uninsured.

http://www.epionline.org/studies/oneill_06-2009.pdf

Old 09-09-2009, 11:43 PM

218 posts, read 468,717 times
Default But how much is it going to cost me?

yeah yeah, the speech, but did anyone hear the exact cost? I didn't. For all you people who want this.......did you know that if you don't buy, you will be fined. One bill has up to $3800 per family. So if you can't pay your bills now, just think what this CHANGE will do for you. So there is your free health care. The illegals are not going to be included.....who going to pay for them? There is still to many questions to be asked and answered before they let this thing pass.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 PM

56 posts, read 73,869 times
Health care is not a birth right and the government has no place being involved, especially when it comes to a public option.
Setting some limits on law suits to reduce the burden to doctors would be a good idea but other than that the government involved in HC is just going down a road of destruction.

In this case the GOP are correct.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:59 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,463,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
now please show me where health care is a right, and please explain to me how it is a right.

It's a right when the proper legislation is passed and signed by the President that says it's a right, just like with several other citizen's rights in this country. The Constitution's Bill of Rights is not the complete list of an American's rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies