Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:25 PM

99 posts, read 522,378 times

Advertisements

I dreamt last night that George Bush suddenly fell ill and retired for politics. In turn he came to me and asked me to become a president of america Sounds very funny.

Dreams apart, But I have always felt that we are always complaining about one thing or other all the time. So I thought of asking you one question mixing those two points, Would love to hear from all americans

If you are made president for one day, what will you do as per your first action?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 01:54 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
My first action? Wake up! Nobody would make me president or let me near the white house! Seriously if I was president I would be exposing corruption to the American people and the "powers that be" would see to it that I go away.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I would immediately get us out of Iraq and close off our borders to everyone. I would have our government taking care of our people. We would take care of our own FIRST before we tackle everyone elses problems.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:35 PM

653 posts, read 3,409,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I would immediately get us out of Iraq and close off our borders to everyone. I would have our government taking care of our people. We would take care of our own FIRST before we tackle everyone elses problems.
EXACTLY--what I was going to say!! Guess I'll settle on being the VP.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:54 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Unlike some selfish, self-centered folks, I would lend a hand to those countries whos children are starving and dying from disease. Then I would round up all those in their BMWs and Infinitis, and force them to take a trip to foreign lands, just to see how good we have it here. I would force them to go showerless for months on end, eat only once every other day, sleep on dirt and drink filthy water. Maybe that would open some eyes and hearts. I doubt it though, most of America would rather see what Britney Spears is wearing rather than help out other countries in need.

Yes, sometimes America helps out a bit too much, but thats what makes this nation so wonderful to live in. We have money, we have the power to be able to reach out and help. The problem with this country is that everyone is soooo self-centered that they think we should wall up our country and tune out the rest of the world. In the meantime AIDS spreads rampantly, women and children (all bones) beg on the street, children in Africa dont have the energy to even move a muscle, drug cartels terrorize towns and murder innocents in their stupid shootings. So why dont you all tuck yourselves in to your comfy bed, after eating that nice dinner to stuff your fat faces, while running the A/C to sleep good and then drive to WORK to make buttloads of $$$ to own your Lexus. Sleep tight America.

SEE THE WORLD W/O BOUNDARIES FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE THE WORLD AS MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN. CUZ THATS ALLLLLLLL WE ARE. AND ITS NOT FAIR THAT SOME SHOULD SUFFER AND WATCH THEIR CHILDREN DIE, JUST BECAUSE WE THINK ITS IN OUR BEST INTEREST TO NOT INTERVENE.

Of course we have a duty to our own, but saying we should not help anyone out and wall ourselves in is just ludicrous. No wonder so many people hate us and think we have too much $$$ for our own good. Weve all forgotten how to really live.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:01 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
I would be shot as soon as I stood at the podium. My posts here would have been thoroughly scoured in a few nanoseconds from the government's supercomputers for any signs of opposition to the corporatocracy. The order to kill would have been made shortly thereafter.

From Twinkle Toes:
"I would immediately get us out of Iraq and close off our borders to everyone. I would have our government take care of our people. We would take care of our own FIRST before we tackle everyone else's problems."

If I managed to utter any words before I fell to the floor, I'd say exactly what you wrote.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Unlike some selfish, self-centered folks, I would lend a hand to those countries whos children are starving and dying from disease. Then I would round up all those in their BMWs and Infinitis, and force them to take a trip to foreign lands, just to see how good we have it here. I would force them to go showerless for months on end, eat only once every other day, sleep on dirt and drink filthy water. Maybe that would open some eyes and hearts. I doubt it though, most of America would rather see what Britney Spears is wearing rather than help out other countries in need.

Yes, sometimes America helps out a bit too much, but thats what makes this nation so wonderful to live in. We have money, we have the power to be able to reach out and help. The problem with this country is that everyone is soooo self-centered that they think we should wall up our country and tune out the rest of the world. In the meantime AIDS spreads rampantly, women and children (all bones) beg on the street, children in Africa dont have the energy to even move a muscle, drug cartels terrorize towns and murder innocents in their stupid shootings. So why dont you all tuck yourselves in to your comfy bed, after eating that nice dinner to stuff your fat faces, while running the A/C to sleep good and then drive to WORK to make buttloads of $$$ to own your Lexus. Sleep tight America.

SEE THE WORLD W/O BOUNDARIES FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE THE WORLD AS MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN. CUZ THATS ALLLLLLLL WE ARE. AND ITS NOT FAIR THAT SOME SHOULD SUFFER AND WATCH THEIR CHILDREN DIE, JUST BECAUSE WE THINK ITS IN OUR BEST INTEREST TO NOT INTERVENE.

Of course we have a duty to our own, but saying we should not help anyone out and wall ourselves in is just ludicrous. No wonder so many people hate us and think we have too much $$$ for our own good. Weve all forgotten how to really live.
You ask us to see the world without boundaries, that it is composed of human beings. I see the world without boundaries and I see that these other human beings are perfectly capable of solving their own problems. I see these other human beings consist of people who think like victims and drag everyone else down with them. I say I don't have to participate in their dramas. My 'help' will not 'solve' their problems, but rather contribute to their sense of helplessness. I actually see hope where you see hopelessness. If I can solve my problems, then I do more good to those other human beings by being a shining example of what's possible. THAT will create a world without boundaries in no time.

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Sorry, Steve-o, but I'm feeling quite comfortable amongst the ranks of the "self-centered" tonight, as my liberal leanings will come pouring out of me now like Rosie O'Donnell when she just won't shut up! My first action would be to permit openly-GLBT people to serve in our armed forces if they so chose by disbanding that stupid "Don't Ask; Don't Tell" policy. I had once aspired to join the military to help keep our nation a safe place to live for everyone, but I changed my mind when I realized what a bigoted, prejudiced military it really was if it only accepted you if you agreed to "hide" the fact that you were of a different sexual orientation. What type of a military tells people "We don't want you if you're physically-able and willing to lay down your life for your nation simply because you don't sleep with members of the opposite-sex, but if a draft should ever arise, you're fair game for target practice against your will?!" Canada permits gay military weddings, Europeans get 4-6 weeks of paid vacation time per year, and America tells gay people "we don't want you here unless it's against your will?" How "progressive" of us! At a time when our troops are facing mandatory overextensions in Iraq due to the military shortage and this quagmire President Bush now has us involved in (we can't leave until the "mission is accomplished" for risk of seeing the nation fall apart, yet peace will never happen as long as Muslim extremists continue to breed like jackrabbits), one would think that new recruits from ANY walk of life would be welcomed with open arms to permit some of those weak and weary soldiers to return home to kiss their wives and hug their children. The only reason that policy has yet to be repealed is due to HOMOPHOBIA, plain and simple. Are we honestly afraid that gays serving in the military are going to band together and sodomize their straight counterparts and give them AIDS? Do we still think that all gay males have limp wrists and would be incapable of properly handling a firearm? Then again, I'm just a naive kid from suburbia; what do I know? It's a shame that the U.S. military had one very physically-fit and willing male right here willing to lay down his life for his nation at one point in his life before he became soured by its own harboring of prejudice and hatred. Now, you couldn't pay me enough to join the military, and any attempt to "force" me to do so with this policy still in place would have me relocating to Toronto!

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
I would impose the restrictions on government originally mandated by the Constitution and institiute the Fair Tax plan as a small step to a more open, limited government.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Sorry, Steve-o, but I'm feeling quite comfortable amongst the ranks of the "self-centered" tonight, as my liberal leanings will come pouring out of me now like Rosie O'Donnell when she just won't shut up! My first action would be to permit openly-GLBT people to serve in our armed forces if they so chose by disbanding that stupid "Don't Ask; Don't Tell" policy. I had once aspired to join the military to help keep our nation a safe place to live for everyone, but I changed my mind when I realized what a bigoted, prejudiced military it really was if it only accepted you if you agreed to "hide" the fact that you were of a different sexual orientation. What type of a military tells people "We don't want you if you're physically-able and willing to lay down your life for your nation simply because you don't sleep with members of the opposite-sex, but if a draft should ever arise, you're fair game for target practice against your will?!" Canada permits gay military weddings, Europeans get 4-6 weeks of paid vacation time per year, and America tells gay people "we don't want you here unless it's against your will?" How "progressive" of us! At a time when our troops are facing mandatory overextensions in Iraq due to the military shortage and this quagmire President Bush now has us involved in (we can't leave until the "mission is accomplished" for risk of seeing the nation fall apart, yet peace will never happen as long as Muslim extremists continue to breed like jackrabbits), one would think that new recruits from ANY walk of life would be welcomed with open arms to permit some of those weak and weary soldiers to return home to kiss their wives and hug their children. The only reason that policy has yet to be repealed is due to HOMOPHOBIA, plain and simple. Are we honestly afraid that gays serving in the military are going to band together and sodomize their straight counterparts and give them AIDS? Do we still think that all gay males have limp wrists and would be incapable of properly handling a firearm? Then again, I'm just a naive kid from suburbia; what do I know? It's a shame that the U.S. military had one very physically-fit and willing male right here willing to lay down his life for his nation at one point in his life before he became soured by its own harboring of prejudice and hatred. Now, you couldn't pay me enough to join the military, and any attempt to "force" me to do so with this policy still in place would have me relocating to Toronto!
Oh dear! On this note, I hope I didn't just get this thread moved to the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum! I tend to do that a lot because I never shut up and don't realize that my political ideologies are quite unpopular in this country. I'm sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies