Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:02 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

N-Korea stated they are ready for the next missile...is that they answer on Obama wanting to talk to them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 12:07 PM

403 posts, read 535,014 times
um...i thought the president of the united states is supposed to handle more than one problem at once.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:12 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
You didn't answer my questions. The reason the girls are fit are because they are in the military, and if anyone in NK is going to eat, it will be the military. I'll be waiting for your answers.

No, I would not wish to be incinerated. And yes, North Korea can change. Anything can change. The only thing humans can count on is change. Even the hope diamond will keep changing. One day, there will be no humans left when the sun dies out.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/Business/original700/north-korea-founders-death-2009-7-8-4-41-16.jpg (broken link)

Malnourished ?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
Any politician who is stupid enough to be fooled by or makes agreements with the world's worst dictators should be removed from office. These scum should either not be dealt with or destroyed.

Yet it's been US policy for many years to back them when it suits our purpose, look how well that's worked out.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:31 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I just heard it on tv...

U.S. says it's ready for direct talks with North Korea

In a dramatic policy shift, the Obama administration Friday said it is willing to engage directly with North Korea as a way to bring the reclusive regime back to six-nation talks aimed at ending its nuclear ambitions.

U.S. says it's ready for direct talks with North Korea - CNN.com

I guess Obama needs to get the attention off health care and find out there is a world out there....

Btw. Mr. Obama we have millions of job less people over here and a huge deficit!!!! It is called an economy that is bad! But sure talk to people who don't care what you say and do what they want to do...maybe have a beer with Bin Laden on the way...

Great! What about? Sports? I don't think he will get anywhere with politics, so he should keep it light. Maybe start in with a little levity about torture, beheadings, and rogue nuclear powers to have a subject of commonality. That is the best way to start.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:35 PM

127 posts, read 403,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
No, I would not wish to be incinerated. And yes, North Korea can change. Anything can change. The only thing humans can count on is change. Even the hope diamond will keep changing. One day, there will be no humans left when the sun dies out.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/Business/original700/north-korea-founders-death-2009-7-8-4-41-16.jpg (broken link)

Malnourished ?
You seriously need to research Communist propaganda in regards to those pictures and also research what life is like for the average North Korean citizen. I am not being mean or sarcastic, I am starting to believe you honestly don't know.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:21 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
I heard someone say that nothing is lost by talking. That's not true. You lose time. That's a favorite tactic of Iran. Both Iran and North Korea are trying to build and perfect nuclear weapons. They both need a little more time. Wasting time by talking will give it to them.

Obama is a bit naive and he is inexperienced. But his biggest flaw is his arrogance. I think he truly believes that if you don't agree with him, it's just because you don't understand. He seems to be unable so see anyone else's point of view as legitimate. He thinks that if he can only talk to you more, you will understand.

- Reel

Old 09-12-2009, 02:06 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post

Obama is a bit naive and he is inexperienced. But his biggest flaw is his arrogance. I think he truly believes that if you don't agree with him, it's just because you don't understand. He seems to be unable so see anyone else's point of view as legitimate. He thinks that if he can only talk to you more, you will understand.
That's an absolutely ridiculous and wholly inaccurate depiction of Barack Obama and his negotiating skills. Clearly you've never bothered to actually learn the first thing about your President.
Quote:
Charles Peters - Judge Him by His Laws - washingtonpost.com

Obama proposed requiring that interrogations and confessions be videotaped.

This seemed likely to stop the beatings, but the bill itself aroused immediate opposition. There were Republicans who were automatically tough on crime and Democrats who feared being thought soft on crime. There were death penalty abolitionists, some of whom worried that Obama's bill, by preventing the execution of innocents, would deprive them of their best argument. Vigorous opposition came from the police, too many of whom had become accustomed to using muscle to "solve" crimes. And the incoming governor, Rod Blagojevich, announced that he was against it.

. . .

By showing officers that he shared many of their concerns, even going so far as to help pass other legislation they wanted, he was able to quiet the fears of many.

Obama proved persuasive enough that the bill passed both houses of the legislature, the Senate by an incredible 35 to 0. Then he talked Blagojevich into signing the bill, making Illinois the first state to require such videotaping.
Quote:
Barack Obama’s accidental surrogate - Ben Adler - Politico.com

If you’ve read enough profiles of Barack Obama, chances are you’re familiar with the name Kirk Dillard. An accomplished and articulate legislator who served with Obama in the Illinois state Senate, he is frequently called on by the national media to shed light on the presumptive Democratic nominee’s early days in politics.

Dillard is an unabashed admirer, one whose high praise for Obama led the campaign to feature him in Obama’s first biographical television ad.

All of that wouldn’t be so unusual except for the fact that Dillard is a Republican. And a delegate for John McCain.

. . .

“Sen. Obama worked on some of the deepest issues we had, and he was successful in a bipartisan way,” said Dillard in the ad. “Republican legislators respected Sen. Obama. His negotiation skills and an ability to understand both sides would serve the country very well.”
Yeah, that's an arrogant guy who doesn't see anyone else's point of view as legitimate.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:27 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
9mm mike wrote;
Quote:
Any politician who is stupid enough to be fooled by or makes agreements with the world's worst dictators should be removed from office. These scum should either not be dealt with or destroyed.
So that would be Nixon talking to Mao and every Soviet leader, Reagan talking to every Soviet leader, also Bush. Not to mention Bush Jr. selling arms to the Iraqis.

You're right though, they were stupid and fools. And they should have been removed from office, before they were. Although not for those reasons.

Also from 9mm;
Quote:
Do you seriously think anyone could bring "change" to North Korea?
The same question was being asked about China in the '60s,
Soviets in the '60s, '70s, and '80s,
East Germany in the '70s,
North Viet-Nam into the '90s,

So yes, anything is possible.Heck it was only in early '72 (may have been late '71) that the West German government agreed to recognize "that other place" (East Germany) as a COUNTRY. Of course the right wing in the Bundestag went nuts, wanted the US kicked out of the Federal Republic (because they "knew" that the only reason all our armor was there was to prevent them from reunification). Hmmm, that didn't last a generation, the capital is back in Berlin and the absorption of "those people" seems pretty complete. Their Chancellor, Merkel came from "that other place.

Things take time. Remember the "pacification" of Iraq is the only thing that's been accomplished in 90 days! And that's worked out so well.

golfgod

Old 09-12-2009, 03:30 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I heard someone say that nothing is lost by talking. That's not true. You lose time. That's a favorite tactic of Iran. Both Iran and North Korea are trying to build and perfect nuclear weapons. They both need a little more time. Wasting time by talking will give it to them.

- Reel
He appologized for America's arrogance but I guess he meant his own arrogance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies