Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 08:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
obscene references to the Holocaust, Obama portrayed as a "murderer", "thug", "mugger" or "thief", veiled threats of violence, and on and on....)
Hmmmm....this sounds eerily familiar - seems I remember hearing this kind of stuff for the last 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
So how do you Dems plan to differentiate the people who disagree based on their beliefs vs those that disagree based on racism ? Do you want us to take a survey ? Answer a few questions before the name calling starts ?

I don't agree with Obama's policies. I only agreed with one but he broke that one mighty quick...(no lobbyists ). I did not vote for Obama and will continue to voice my opinion. That is my right. But it is not your right to label me racist just because I disagree.

Last time I looked we still have Freedom of Speech ..at least until you Dems want to take it away.

This Obama worship is turning into a cult.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Anytime someone gets called on something and they can't explain it;the race card always came up. remeber i the campign when it was said of Bill and Hillary Clinton. Same thing;an excuse.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So how do you Dems plan to differentiate the people who disagree based on their beliefs vs those that disagree based on racism ? Do you want us to take a survey ? Answer a few questions before the name calling starts ?

I don't agree with Obama's policies. I only agreed with one but he broke that one mighty quick...(no lobbyists ). I did not vote for Obama and will continue to voice my opinion. That is my right. But it is not your right to label me racist just because I disagree.

Last time I looked we still have Freedom of Speech ..at least until you Dems want to take it away.

This Obama worship is turning into a cult.
Yes, we do have Freedom of Speech.

The true patriots will therefore continue to point out the truth behind all of the tea bagger protests and Obama haters. We will call you (and others like you) out for claiming to not be racists while holding racist/derogatory anti-Obama signs at these rallys.

If WE believe that your statements (and anyine else's) are based solely on Obama's race and not his policies WE will continue to point this out, as well.

As a person who loves America, I will not stand by and let bigoted and embittered yahoos blanket the Internet and the airwaves with lies and pure rubbish regarding the intent of Obama's administration.

I will stand for my President and stand for my country because I know that Barack Obama truly wants to do what is best for this nation no matter how difficult the task may be.

So don't demand YOUR rights but attempt to refuse equal argument for opposing views.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
The constant playing of the race card by the liberals and democrats has completely diluted the charge. Nowadays it is dealt whenever there is criticism of obama.

It just doesn't work anymore.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The constant playing of the race card by the liberals and democrats has completely diluted the charge. Nowadays it is dealt whenever there is criticism of obama.

It just doesn't work anymore.
Obviously, it does....because it still bothers you enough to retort the allegation.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hmmmm....this sounds eerily familiar - seems I remember hearing this kind of stuff for the last 8 years.
no. It is not the same thing.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Yes, we do have Freedom of Speech.

The true patriots will therefore continue to point out the truth behind all of the tea bagger protests and Obama haters. We will call you (and others like you) out for claiming to not be racists while holding racist/derogatory anti-Obama signs at these rallys.

If WE believe that your statements (and anyine else's) are based solely on Obama's race and not his policies WE will continue to point this out, as well.

As a person who loves America, I will not stand by and let bigoted and embittered yahoos blanket the Internet and the airwaves with lies and pure rubbish regarding the intent of Obama's administration.

I will stand for my President and stand for my country because I know that Barack Obama truly wants to do what is best for this nation no matter how difficult the task may be.

So don't demand YOUR rights but attempt to refuse equal argument for opposing views.
Oh is that right..if you believe? Doesn't need any proof..just that "you believe" ? So you're now self-proclaimed judge and jury ?

I say..step back and stop drinking that koolaid. Unless you have proof then you have no right to call anyone racist based on your feelings.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 PM

301 posts, read 1,371,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Franklin Roosevelt, the long time hero and standard bearer of the Democrat Party, headed up and implemented one of the most horrible racist policies of the 20th Century – the Japanese Internment Camps during World War II. Executive Orders 9066 and 9102

How soon some forget and the list goes on and on
Well the Japanese were reparated for their 4-5 year imprisonment

Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You need to take responsibility for the reason that must people are looking at this raunchy display as the antics of embittered racists.

All one has to do is read the many racist signs that were on display at the tea party evenets (with references to Obama as a monkey, telling him to go back to Africa/Kenya, Obama is a Muslim, obscene references to the Holocaust, Obama portrayed as a "murderer", "thug", "mugger" or "thief", veiled threats of violence, and on and on....)

And also, having a sprinkling of Blacks in the crowd does not make the overall mood of these events any less racist...the Klan usually had at least one Black at their cross burnings and lynchings, did that make it any less racist?

as I stated in my last post, opposition to Obama is about his policies, not his skin color

but since YOU make this last post, then ANSWER THIS: are these pics racist???

funny thing is all the SAME THINGS that you NOW call racist, are the signs YOU were carrying for the last 8 years

sorry but you cant have it both ways

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies