Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:49 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times

Advertisements

What "racist signs"? There have been none? This person doesn't know what he is talking about.

It is not "racist" to call Obama what he is: An indonesian Muslim ... That is what he is. Why is it "racist" to say so?

This is one of the stupidest threads ever started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times
Mark Wilson, leader of the Tea Party Movement (as he refers to himself and as others have refered to him) should have comported himself with a bit more dignity if he wanted to be taken seriously. Making comments such as "The President is an Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug and a racist in chief." only makes him lose any credibility he sought.
"Tea Party" Leader indeed,... a mad hatter.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:05 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Nipple Clips and Feather Boas never killed anybody....um that I know of.
I clamp 'em on every night when I watch Olberman...

Old 09-15-2009, 05:07 PM

36 posts, read 69,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
One of, being the key words here. And the "tea party movement" is not represenative of everybody who opposes Obama, no more than "one of" their leaders is representative of everybody in their group. If he was the only leader, that would be different.

As far as the "racist in chief" comment goes, that isn't much of a stretch at all. In fact, it is pretty damned accurate. Obama is supposed to be the "post racial" president. He was supposed to be the one who helped our country take a huge leap forward from the horrible past this country has in race relations. Instead, he only backs down from supporting his racist pastor when he is backed into a corner. He goes on to win the presidency anyway. Now he has all of his liberal media supporters trying to play the race card at every turn possible. He is keeping his mouth shut as the media establishment blames all criticism on him on race. His silence is deafening. Every president who has ever taken the White House has been criticized heavily by the opposing party and their supporters. But Obama sits back and refuses to say a word while the whackjob liberals paint every Obama detractor as a racist. Everyone working to stop Obama's plans are a racist. We can't even have honest conversations while the first black president holds office because the media and liberal drones constantly turn the subject to race. He is the commander in chief, period. But as long as he turns a blind eye and a deaf ear to the absurd levels of race baiting taking place in his name, racist in chief is an accurate description as well.

Indonesian Muslim? Thats just stupid to call him. Welfare thug? Stupid also. So the guy was 1 for 3.

Sorry if I'm not using the quoting tool right I'm new to these boards. While I don't entirely disagree with your opinion (see underlined) I think this President tends to comment too much and should have stopped with clinging to their guns and religion instead he went onto making unwarranted comments about another situation he knew nothing about but injected race into it by doing so ie. Officer Crowley and Professor Gates. Meanwhile, Rev. Wright is a distant memory but all the same if the POTUS is conflicted at all about race/relations he/she should NOT be commenting or inferring anything about race of any sort.

I think keeping race in the argument and baiting the race issue is about making noise rather than dissecting issues on their finer points. As soon as the party of the people, sans the two party system, break beyond early momentum this stuff will cease to exist. There were plenty of black folks who attended the rally and are keenly aware that their race is being used to bait the argument on meritless grounds. They were not there to have that discussion because for them it's not a black/white, conservative/liberal thing, it's about being heard and demanding more gov't accountability. Same as any other sane person out there.

As for the Patriot Act, as noted in another post here, and the Bush Regime, the republicans as usual didn't do enough to stop it and crush it. We now have bigbrother in every aspect of our lives. This administration intends without waste to use it to its' fullest instead of paring it back to reflect a free society, free of tyranny and tactics of those in power.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:07 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Even the Bush speech writers call these loons out for what they are.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:12 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What "racist signs"? There have been none? This person doesn't know what he is talking about.

It is not "racist" to call Obama what he is: An indonesian Muslim ... That is what he is. Why is it "racist" to say so?

This is one of the stupidest threads ever started.
Says a lot about you and absolutely nothing about the issue at hand.

It was so hard not to laugh at that video.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:24 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
See, here's the problem. On one hand, the protesters insist that they be taken seriously due to their numbers. On the other hand, you're busy disowning not only several groups that we should consider non-representative "fringe", but also one of the main organizers of the entire shebang.
You are not on the right track. A group can be representative and have a member of their group that is out of line and not representative of the group as a whole. And then you can have the entire group be out of line, and then another group who is completely in line who has similar concerns as the bad group. You can't paint them all together, which is what the media wants to do.

Quote:
Your movement got my attention, and now it seems like you haven't gone to the trouble of figuring out what it was you wanted to say. There is zero coherent message, except that you don't like the outcome of the latest election. A concern that I have now filed under the category "Too Bad".
Its not my movement. As far as the coherency of the message, the protestors are every bit as clear as the protestors who were around when Bush was president.

I didn't like the candidates of the last election from any of the parties, so I knew I wouldn't like the outcome of the election because it was like getting to choose between a broken hand vs a broken foot.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:28 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,558 times
Quote:
You are not on the right track. A group can be representative and have a member of their group that is out of line and not representative of the group as a whole. And then you can have the entire group be out of line, and then another group who is completely in line who has similar concerns as the bad group. You can't paint them all together, which is what the media wants to do.
Good points, but you have to admit...they do look like Douche bags...not Tea Bags..

Old 09-15-2009, 05:45 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
He should melt down, it was a dismal failure. There were at least five College football games that had bigger crowds at the same time. They should hold the next one indoors, maybe at Denny's

Old 09-15-2009, 06:26 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
As far as the coherency of the message, the protestors are every bit as clear as the protestors who were around when Bush was president.
Not sure I agree. The anti-war demonstrations, for instance, while they had their fair share of whackjobs, at least had a unifying theme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies