Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:39 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Get ready for pages and pages of horrid comments about her body type, hair, fashion sense.

I am not one to really care about how someone dresses but for Michelle Obama to make best dressed is beyond laughable and only proves "best dressed" is a total joke. I am embarressed for her most times,thinking, that's our first lady?

I always thought she looked very nice when they were campaining and it all went to h*ll starting with that black widow dress. By the way I like her hair and could care less about her body type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Get ready for pages and pages of horrid comments about her body type, hair, fashion sense.
Yup. You only invite it.

To me, it's fairly obvious that all these fashion polls concerning Michelle are partisan. Being nice, I'll say she is not dog ugly. BUT she is definitely not one of the hottest women in America. She IS NOT close to hot, she is not even a good dresser; the only time she looks put together is when Vogue dresses her up. Michelle on a typical day, is frumpy in all ways and meanings.

Frumpy I-Pity-the-Fool Who Imitates Mr. T Look

Mr. T - other than black, see any similarity?

Sexy Black Woman - now that is hot, smoking!

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 01-09-2014 at 08:57 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 05:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Yup. You only invite it.

To me, it's fairly obvious that all these fashion polls concerning Michelle are partisan. Being nice, I'll say she is not dog ugly. BUT she is definitely not one of the hottest women in America. She IS NOT close to hot, she is not even a good dresser; the only time she looks put together is when Vogue dresses her up. Michelle on a typical day, is frumpy in all ways and meanings.

Frumpy I-Pity-the-Fool Who Imitates Mr. T Look

Mr. T - other than black, see any similarity?

Sexy Black Woman - now that is hot, smoking!
The only thing wrong w/that picture of Michelle is that she paired the necklaces w/that specific dress. That dress has too much going on, the jewelry should've been paired down. By the way, those are pearls, not gold. And also, the trend for women now is lots of strands of necklaces so if she would've worn those pearl necklaces w/say a white or black button down shirt w/a pencil skirt, that would've been good.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
The only thing wrong w/that picture of Michelle is that she paired the necklaces w/that specific dress. That dress has too much going on, the jewelry should've been paired down. By the way, those are pearls, not gold. And also, the trend for women now is lots of strands of necklaces so if she would've worn those pearl necklaces w/say a white or black button down shirt w/a pencil skirt, that would've been good.

Hmmm you don't mind if we ignore your fashion sense do you? So you have completely re-dressed her and you still think she is a fashion icon?

I am shaking my head

Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Hmmm you don't mind if we ignore your fashion sense do you? So you have completely re-dressed her and you still think she is a fashion icon?

I am shaking my head
Completely redressed?? LOL, you're funny. What I did was took her necklace & paired it w/a better outfit. If that's redressing, then I guess you need to rethink what you just said, you obviously have no idea. Since I'm a woman, yes I do know what I'm talking about. Why don't you pull out some fashion magazines & take a look yourself before you start insulting people. And you obviously didn't understand the gist of my post. Talk to the hand.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:05 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Isn't that sort of the point of this thread? To bait those people in so the OP and others can point a finger and say "how awful!"
Exactly! Focusing on the First Lady's attire is really trivial and pointless. Knowing Dukester, this is exactly his intent in starting this thread: to get the immature folks to start their juvenile rhetoric against our First Lady. No class.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:12 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Exactly! Focusing on the First Lady's attire is really trivial and pointless. Knowing Dukester, this is exactly his intent in starting this thread: to get the immature folks to start their juvenile rhetoric against our First Lady. No class.
yeah but nobody is biting that is good. some good comments though. i wear plaid shirts and double knee carharts with steel toe shoes or mocasins as acessories myself. so glad i found this forum.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:18 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Michelle's style is not my style so I am not particulary fond of how she dresses - and who cares? However, I think Michelle Obama has a right to dress however she wants and I feel badly for her that every little thing she does is examined.

The only time I even notice what she has worn since her hubby was elected has been on this forum, b/c someone has brought it up, lol!

It is too bad that the woman can't even play outside with her dogs and kids without someone taking a photo and pasting it all over the media. Just seems kinda sad to me. I run around the house looking pretty rumpled up at times, and it is awful that she can't be allowed to act like a normal human being. If she so much as walks outside folks are snapping pictures and examining her shorts, top, shoes, make-up, hair . . . that would be the pits.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,858 times
Oh I don't know, she looks pretty stunning here:

http://www.tvland.com/photogallery/photos/Sanford115b.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Oh I don't know, she looks pretty stunning here:
What an imbecile type of remark. You think that looks like Michelle? I don't think so. Keep stretching though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies