Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Separating racism by race aye? Perhaps that is a problem child unto itself.. At the end of the day, does it really behoove us to classify racism into types and source? Seems, to me, that hate is hate , regardless of who is dong the hating, and why. Hate is , quite possibly, the easiest of the negative emotions to justify. people find it easy to return hate with hate, and justify it the same way. ( add whatever group/race you wish here) and say, "they hate me so I hate them back".And so it goes...............
I just want them to hush their whining
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 02:17 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,636 times
This crap will remain around as long as there is weak-minded people there to listen. Hence, why they stay around the same people, live in the same town..etc. It's either they way they were raised or someone is pissed off at a "particular" race because of their "own" inadequacies. It's pathetic.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Ok, fair enough. But I never denied the existence of racists, only stated that I was in an undefined area between the liberal multiculturalists and the 3rd Reich.

Really my point was that despite popular opinion someone can care about the survival of his own ethnic group and still not be racist. You don't have to believe me but I have close friends that are from around the world.
If survival of your own ethic group is important to someone, then they need to obviously find a spouse that feels the same way. Just because people of other races may live amongst them, there's nothing that stops them from doing that (other than finding another that feels the same way).

Something I just thought of though, what exactly are you referring to when you say your own ethnic group the nationality of your family's ancestry or skin color (and what about religion...people convert).

Old 09-30-2009, 05:31 PM

294 posts, read 412,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think there are a couple of threads on here about black racism. Why not start one?
It's sarcasm . You should try it sometime it's fun

Old 09-30-2009, 05:33 PM

500 posts, read 910,306 times
Not all republicans are racist, but all racists are republicans. Read stormfront, reads like the talking points of Beck and Limbaugh. The base of the right wing is Evangelicals and racists.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,917,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
If survival of your own ethic group is important to someone, then they need to obviously find a spouse that feels the same way. Just because people of other races may live amongst them, there's nothing that stops them from doing that (other than finding another that feels the same way).

Something I just thought of though, what exactly are you referring to when you say your own ethnic group the nationality of your family's ancestry or skin color (and what about religion...people convert).
There are various social pressure (such as lack of a religious impetus to procreate) and economic pressure that affect ethnic Europeans that don't seem to affect immigrants.

Really the issue is assimilation. EU's doing a poor job of it. I don't really care one way or the other if the average frenchman is slightly darker in 20 years but I do care if the culture goes by the way side. Besides, we can argue the benefits of ethnic preservation all day but the point remains that it's mostly needed in "white" countries.

To generalize, throughout most of the Eastern Hemisphere, ethnicity and culture are strongly correlated-not so much in the Western Hemisphere at all.

To clear it up I consider ethnicity when I write in this forum to be made up of common culture/morals, language, religion to an extent, and skin color. Some of these are more important than others for various people but I believe every ethnicity (in their homeland) has the right to remain predominant.

I'm not one of those people that wants to have 6 babies of their race to solve the problem. Neither am I going to argue against miscegenation since that would make me a hypocrite

Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
but I do care if the culture goes by the way side.
Then you must love urinating into the wind, because all cultures go by the way side eventually.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,917,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Then you must love urinating into the wind, because all cultures go by the way side eventually.
Is that so? Many ones on Earth today have been around for thousands of years and show no sign of going away. If you want to bring up very long time frames you're technically right but does the fact mean the culture isn't worth preserving? You sure don't sound like a proponent of multiculturalism.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:05 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,328 times
I too have stumbled upon the stormfront forum and even the brownpride forums (I'm Hispanic and it's always a good laugh). I will say this:

ANYBODY who wakes up and pats themselves on the back for being born their skin tone IS A LOSER. Doesnt matter what race or ethnicity you are. White, Latino, Black, Asian WHATEVER. If you have brainwashed yourself into thinking you are master (or victim) of the universe due to your racial heritage and deserve a "cookie" (or any sort of entitlement) for said heritage, PLEASE SHOOT YOURSELF. NO ONE is going to commend you for an "achievement" you were born with and that you inherited purely out of genetic lottery. It is pure laziness, pure demagoguery and pure arrogance that drives this and it is disgusting. The End.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
I too have stumbled upon the stormfront forum and even the brownpride forums (I'm Hispanic and it's always a good laugh). I will say this:

ANYBODY who wakes up and pats themselves on the back for being born their skin tone IS A LOSER. Doesnt matter what race or ethnicity you are. White, Latino, Black, Asian WHATEVER. If you have brainwashed yourself into thinking you are master (or victim) of the universe due to your racial heritage and deserve a "cookie" (or any sort of entitlement) for said heritage, PLEASE SHOOT YOURSELF. NO ONE is going to commend you for an "achievement" you were born with and that you inherited purely out of genetic lottery. It is pure laziness, pure demagoguery and pure arrogance that drives this and it is disgusting. The End.
Bravo....Several times on the forum I've said words to the effect that "I'll take your 'ethnic pride' a lot more seriously, on the day I also hear some mention of your 'ethnic shame'.

In other words, if you as an individual feel some sense of 'credit' due to you, simply because of something somebody "did" (now, or in the past) who HAPPENED to physically or culturally resemble you....will you ALSO agree to take the BLAME for what OTHER members of 'your group' did?

Usually, the answer is a deafening silence.

Ethnic pride makes about as much sense as fanatically 'rooting' for a sports team....NONE of whom have ever met you, and NONE of whom have any personal connection with you.

"Pride" (and shame, too) should be reactions to personal achievements or failures....not those of some far-flung "group".

PS ..ever notice how "ethnic pride" wackos are ALL descended from 'noble forebears'? Black separatists are ALL the progeny of great African 'kingdoms'. Brown-pride members are the heirs of 'Aztec nobility'..and white 'Stormfront' types are ALL the descendants of bold, swashbuckling "Vikings"....NOBODY ever seems to be descended from primitive, superstitious tribesmen, impoverished 'peons', or illiterate, landless European serfs toiling their lives away on somebody else's land. I wonder why?

Last edited by macmeal; 09-30-2009 at 07:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies