Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:55 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,219,485 times

Advertisements

John Derbyshire (on Alan Colmes radio show):

Quote:
Among the hopes that I do not realistically nurse is the hope that female suffrage will be repealed. But I’ll say this – if it were to be, I wouldn’t lose a minute’s sleep.
Asked if he was really saying that America would be a better country if women didn't vote, he answered:

Quote:
Probably. Don't you think so?
It's not some crazy extremist. Actually, it is, but it's also a mainstream right-winger paid by one of the pre-eminent publications on the right. He's part of the right's ideological leadership.

And he thinks you women shouldn't vote.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:58 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

Asked if he was really saying that America would be a better country if women didn't vote, he answered:

It's not some crazy extremist. Actually, it is, but it's also a mainstream right-winger paid by one of the pre-eminent publications on the right. He's part of the right's ideological leadership.

He's just another in a long list of entertainers who open their mouth & garbage spills out. I have no use for vermin like that.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:07 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,547,616 times
:goes to read it:

But the Republican party doesn't believe that do they? Otherwise
my relatives which some are women and girls, would not be in it.

Ann Coulter said?

"If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president.
It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it
is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women."

the question should be why do women vote Democrat
more than Republican if they do, and then see if we can adapt
some things? Not take away the vote.

I'm glad this isn't real.

RFSilver

Old 09-30-2009, 12:09 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:

Maybe he would be happier living in Afghanistan as it seems that he shares the same perception of women that the Taliban does, which is really not a very different ideology than the fringe right wing lunatics.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:13 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSilver View Post
:goes to read it:

But the Republican party doesn't believe that do they? Otherwise
my relatives which some are women and girls, would not be in it.

Ann Coulter said?

"If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president.
It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it
is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women."

the question should be why do women vote Democrat
more than Republican if they do, and then see if we can adapt
some things? Not take away the vote.

I'm glad this isn't real.

RFSilver
Couldn't be because the Republican party wants to tell women what they can and can't do with their own bodies.

Just a slight possibility.

(I know this for a fact. My sister was all psyched up about voting for McCain Palin, until I showed her Sarah dearests view on abortion, she did a 180 flip)

Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,845,972 times
She is saying that women vote by feeling and judging by the answers women give to me regarding why they voted for Obama or Hilary, I'm not sure they're wrong.
It's really just sour grapes though.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:17 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
Well, if we aren't allowed to vote, we don't have to pay taxes, or sleep with men any more, either.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:

Golly gee, Ida no matter what some think there is no way that this little law will ever be repealed. Aren't women in the majority? If that happened it would be the fault of women that let it happen.

I do think that women tend to vote more emotionally than men but then they are still involved in decision making by their power over the men in their house? You do know what I mean, like handy headaches and things like that?

I do agree with Ann Coulter about this subject but like her I know there will be no change until women get around to taking the vote away from men.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:18 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Well, if we aren't allowed to vote, we don't have to pay taxes, or sleep with men any more, either.
I would support all women sleeping with women too.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:18 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,219,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
She is saying that women vote by feeling and judging by the answers women give to me regarding why they voted for Obama or Hilary, I'm not sure they're wrong.
It's really just sour grapes though.
My impression is that anybody who voted for McCain/Palin was voting on feelings, too. Easily manipulated feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies