Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Thanks for the cordiality newtoli.

I agree. But it comes down to judging Jennings by his associations. It's similiar to praising David Duke as a great politician (if he was) while ignoring the fact he is a raging racist.

That remains to be discovered.

Absolutely. Gay politics is a small circle and you know how gays gossip.
David Duke is a well known racist who did nothing to benefit society as a whole, while Hay is someone who made great strides for the gay movement, yet also said NAMBLA should be able to march in the parades.

You say Hays sodomized children, but then say "that remains to be discovered". You seem to automatically assume he had sex with children when there is no proof to support that at all. IMO, and just my opinion, when Hays spoke of the relationship between a young gay teen and an older gay man, to me he is speaking of it more as a mentor role. Knowing a lot of gay people, usually there is an adult who helps them deal with the issues of coming out, someone who has been there and can provide support, not in a sexual manner.

Gay politics is not a small circle at all, really.

I could see the outrage if Jennings had praised Hay for supporting NAMBLA in his eulogy/statement, but he praised him for being one of the first to start the gay rights movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
David Duke is a well known racist who did nothing to benefit society as a whole, while Hay is someone who made great strides for the gay movement, yet also said NAMBLA should be able to march in the parades.

You say Hays sodomized children, but then say "that remains to be discovered". You seem to automatically assume he had sex with children when there is no proof to support that at all. IMO, and just my opinion, when Hays spoke of the relationship between a young gay teen and an older gay man, to me he is speaking of it more as a mentor role. Knowing a lot of gay people, usually there is an adult who helps them deal with the issues of coming out, someone who has been there and can provide support, not in a sexual manner.

Gay politics is not a small circle at all, really.

I could see the outrage if Jennings had praised Hay for supporting NAMBLA in his eulogy/statement, but he praised him for being one of the first to start the gay rights movement.
More of kevin Jennings words:

Jennings' blatant disregard for parental rights and children's well being has surfaced before," said Griggs. "Jennings admits that a 15 year-old student once came to him and confessed that he was having sex with an older man he met in a bus station restroom. Shockingly, rather than notify the boy's parents or school administrators, Jennings' only response as a teacher was, 'I hope you knew to use a condom.'"

So when Jennings was a teacher and had information about male statutory rape , he did nothing about it except to Tell the kind to use a condom.

And this is our safe school Czar.

When will Dem's say enough is enough when it comes to these things.
eulogized and advocate of Nambla , did not report a rape to the authorities.
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...r,991263.shtml

Last edited by wjtwet; 10-08-2009 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Add the link

Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

If I have kids I'll homeschool.
And the world gives a sigh of relief, I know if I had kids I would not want that type of influence going on in the schools. I don't appreciate judgment, intolerance or hatred towards others. I would never ever want that around my kids.

Last edited by karfar; 10-08-2009 at 12:24 PM..

Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Wow....

Old 10-08-2009, 12:10 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
More of kevin Jennings words:

Jennings' blatant disregard for parental rights and children's well being has surfaced before," said Griggs. "Jennings admits that a 15 year-old student once came to him and confessed that he was having sex with an older man he met in a bus station restroom. Shockingly, rather than notify the boy's parents or school administrators, Jennings' only response as a teacher was, 'I hope you knew to use a condom.'"

So when Jennings was a teacher and had information about male statutory rape , he did nothing about it except to Tell the kind to use a condom.

And this is our safe school Czar.

When will Dem's say enough is enough when it comes to these things.
eulogized and advocate of Nambla , did not report a rape to the authorities.
Parents Concerned Over Obama's 'Safe Schools Czar'
The teen was actually 16, the age of consent - so no crime was being committed.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200910020020

From Fox:
EDITOR'S NOTE: Since this story was originally published, the former student referred to as "Brewster" has stepped forward to reveal that he was 16 years old, not 15, at the time of the incident described in this report.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Kevin Jennings nambla connection.
Obama appointee lauded NAMBLA figure | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-appointee-lauded-NAMBLA-figure-63115112.html - broken link)#

At what point is bad bad regardless of what party
Seriously? Let's see, an op ed piece linking to another opinion piece. Wow, you really got me there, didn't ya? You really gave me the proof I asked for, didn't ya? Hey Glitch, since wjtwet failed in the mission that I asked of you, do you think you can do a better job & provide actual evidence of the claims you made in your drive-by posting? You can't? That's what I thought.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:15 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Um, lol, it's true. If schools refuse to address all issues of sexuality, then it's clear that they are indoctrinating children & promoting an agenda of heterosexuality. What's the problem here?
oh please, stop with the gay liberation chanting. Heterosexuality is what needs to be taught in schools.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
delete. question answerd

Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So you back his treatment as a teacher to this student.
I can not believe there are people backing this guy.
keep it up though .
the Problem his book says the boy is 15. So we do not know whose drivers license they are using.

So let see here Charlie rangle hiding millions from taxes while he writes tax law is OK, czars with dubious back grounds including one who was a teacher who did not report a grown man having sex with a child.
Dem's are the party welcoming anyone.
the problem is things like this hurts the gay and lesbian community. rather than disown people like this you choose to back them.
Unbelievable

Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
oh please, stop with the gay liberation chanting. Heterosexuality is what needs to be taught in schools.
Was I chanting? Really? I don't even recall. What was I chanting? Gay liberation...haha, I'm going to start a group w/that name. Thanks for the idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies