Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:51 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Mark 2:8 translation:

From
And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

To

Jesus perceived immediately what the intellectual types were thinking, and he asked them, "Why are you so hostile to this?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
What people? Who? Outside of a wiki article, please provide me a means to contact the organization or its members.

I'm truly curious. 95% of me believes this is total BS and fabricated.
Oh man,I hope so. But it's part of an entire "Conservapedia" ("The Trustworthy Encyclopedia").

go up to the top of the page and click "Talk," and "History." to see how its been put together.

Oh no, what IDIOTS! Look at "Talk".

These arent conservatives.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 PM

94 posts, read 107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Just another reason why anyone with a rational thought in their head should not follow religion. It's stunning to me that people still follow those ancient superstitions.
Ancient superstitions? Tell that to the Middle East. Just because you hear about a few crazies on the internet wanting to translate the bible, it doesn't mean a thing to the millions of Christians like myself. It's just something to stir the pot of the non-believers, and it doesn't matter.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:56 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
All of me believes that if RUSH promoted it, the books would fly off the shelves. It could be comical to have liberal and conservative versions. Liberal versions would leave out the angry god, sin, a dead jesus, (let him get old and gnarly). Liberal women can write a lot of it. Ruth's Truth. Mary's hymen, No more little birdie sacrifices just because you are on your monthly !

Old 10-06-2009, 06:04 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
I'm guessin' the New Testament's gonna be mighty thin when any reference to Jesus is deleted, certainly sounds like a radical liberal to me

Old 10-06-2009, 06:12 PM

The Conservapedia entry for Jesus Christ is good, though. (Not that Conserva-bible thing, but the main article.)

OTOH, back to the drawing board: Barack Hussein Obama - Conservapedia

Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
I am dubious of your sources. It's listed in the conservapedia and cross-posted/satired on all the typical left wing blogs. But I serious cannot find any contact information on the group. I have funds and want to donate and volunteer. Kidding.

But if wanted, I couldnt because this group doesn't exist. I'm fairly good at cutting through the noise of the internet to find things and this group is a ghost accept on a wiki site and lefty blogs.

Can I get one name associated with the Conservative Bible Project that is cross-referencable? Can I get their URL, blog, snail mail or telephone number?

It is more believable that this is a left-wing plant providing material to smear wingnuts with.

Find me their contact info and I will happily taunt and heckle them with you.

This organization is very real. Will U.S.News work as a credible source for you?

Conservapedia Launches Effort to Translate the Bible Into Conservativespeak - God & Country (usnews.com)

Old 10-06-2009, 06:44 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This organization is very real. Will U.S.News work as a credible source for you?

Conservapedia Launches Effort to Translate the Bible Into Conservativespeak - God & Country (usnews.com)
Andy Schlafly
Andrew Schlafly - RationalWiki
Conservapedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Andy Schlafly | Right Wing Watch

Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Appears so.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Andrew_Schlafly

He's a genius!

http://www.eagleforumu.org/eagleforumu/

Old 10-06-2009, 06:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
What people? Who? Outside of a wiki article (conservapedia), please provide me a means to contact the organization or its members.

I'm truly curious. But 95% of me believes this is total BS and fabricated.
More information for you.

Quote:
Conservapedia was started in 2006 by lawyer and social studies teacher Andy Schlafly, son of conservative activist and Eagle Forum founder Phyllis Schlafly. Schlafly became concerned about bias after Wikipedia editors repeatedly reverted his edits to the article about the 2005 Kansas evolution hearings. Schlafly has expressed hope that Conservapedia will become a general resource for American educators and a counterpoint to the liberal bias that he perceives in Wikipedia.
Conservapedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now Schlafly has moved to the Bible.

Quote:
Yes, even scripture is not orthodox enough for the modern conservative. Not that it's the fault of the author(s), exactly. The group cites a few reasons why the Bible is too progressive: "Lack of precision in the original language ... lack of precision in modern language" and "translation bias in converting the original language to the modern one."

Read more at: Conservative Bible Project Cuts Out Liberal Passages
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies