Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Yes, they should completely forgive 142 37.97%
They should forgive but dont forget 183 48.93%
No, they shouldnt forgive America 49 13.10%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Your comparison of American Jews and blacks in America is extremely unfair. That said, those in the black community who use slavery as an excuse for their situation, must stop.
Which blacks in particular said that? My ears are moving in circles trying to hear it, and i don't. And i'm black....and totally privy to black conversations unlike the posters in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
You nailed it! Excellent post because we all should forgive. Jesus was torturously murdered and humiliated in every way the soldiers could come up with, and He forgave.

Those that don't forgive have this hate eating away at their insides. Probably it even helps to cause disease. (dis ease) I sure suspect it does. Good grief, all slave owners are dead and gone so it's beyond pitiful that folks can't forgive that it ever happened.
Jesus? LOL....are you kidding me?

The slaveowners were using Jesus' religion as a basis for slavery in the first place. GTHOH...

I'm amazed at how man people in this thread actually WANT to be hated so that they can exalt themselves of being deemed worthy of such an emotion. Black folks aint thinking about you dudes.

Get a life for crying out loud.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:35 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Same for people that assert that blacks blame their problems on slavery.
Nice try but not really. Anyone who blames their problems on something that never applied to them, never happened to them and didn't happen during their lifetime needs help. Sorry but the truth ain't pretty boy.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Nice try but not really. Anyone who blames their problems on something that never applied to them, never happened to them and didn't happen during their lifetime needs help. Sorry but the truth ain't pretty boy.
No it isn't boy, which is why you should just deal with it.

Again, anyone saying that someone is blaming their problems on slavery is mentally unstable.

That's the shoe. Don't know what size it is, but it seems pretty snug on your foot.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No it isn't boy, which is why you should just deal with it.

Again, anyone saying that someone is blaming their problems on slavery is mentally unstable.

That's the shoe. Don't know what size it is, but it seems pretty snug on your foot.
So now calling out someone for being crazy is being crazy? Where do you people come up with this insanity?

What next, will you claim that black folks today have never blamed anything on slavery? Please, please make that claim before you try selling me a pair of shoes homie.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:02 PM

26 posts, read 35,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
I've always been curious about this. Do you resent not being able to use the same restroom as a different sex??? Why are some people hung up because they couldn't use the same restroom?? What exactly is it that makes one want to use the same restroom as someone else? That sounds perverted to me. Do you complain that stalls have doors? Would you want to use the same stall as someone else too?? That has got to be one of the most petty things I've ever heard of! LOL
It's not about using the same restrooms, it's about why they were NOT allowed to. Black people in those days were seen as less than human. I think the real picture here is if your not black you can never truly know how it feels to be "irrelevant" in almost an entire race of eyes.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,425 times
Hm...good question...

Should the Native Americans forgive America for taking their entire homeland away from them, killing them, forcing them to migrate, desecrating their burial grounds, and forcing them into camps?

I don't agree that people should live in the past, but sometimes you just can't forgive people over and over again and for the same sort of things. (Btw, I personally believe this is the reason America has been facing so many problems the past few years...the circle eventually meets back up with you)

I mean lets just be honest, ever since we first got here we were trying to wipe out the people who were already here before us and had more of a right to the land than we do, and at the same time we use people we bought from Africa to work for us for free. Even though the Native American issue is mostly years behind as they've been integrated with society for the most part, you still have white people who are either full blown racists, moderately/DL racists, or even inadvertant racists where they do it little/to be funny/without even realizing it/etc...

I just feel want to know how white people would feel if it was them who had ancestors a hundred and fifty years ago and for many years before that who were taken from their home and enslaved, beaten, kept from learning, murdered, etc...then after they have their supposed 'freedom', they still have much of the same stuff going on, except now if they work they get paid less than white people. And this keeps going on until their grandparents time, where they finally stop seeing lynchings and beatings, and rapes, etc be widespread against them...yet it even then still wont be until their parents time when racial aspects are put more behind them...and then still be settling out til today...and still have plenty of people calling you 'n#####', beating you, murdering you, making opinions about you...it would just seem to soon to really embrace and 'integrate' completely now...maybe in another 50-60 years, but there just seems to be at least a streak of ignorance in the back of majority of white people's mind.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbuskirk View Post
It's not about using the same restrooms, it's about why they were NOT allowed to. Black people in those days were seen as less than human. I think the real picture here is if your not black you can never truly know how it feels to be "irrelevant" in almost an entire race of eyes.
Your logic is beyond screwed up, neither white or black people today in the US have any idea what it's like to be a slave or to be "irrelevant" since every person who was a slave or owned a slave has been dead for 100 years.

No black person in the US today knows what it's like to be a slave any more than I do as a white guy, that's just a cold hard fact that black people tend to forget on purpose. If you're black in the US today you haven't been forced to use a separate restroom or water fountain. You haven't been forced to ride in the back of any bus.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:15 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Yes, I think they should waste their lives whining about slavery, when no one who is alive now either was a slave, or had a slave.
My ancestors were not even here yet, so nobody better expect me to make any reparations.

Those who continue to cling to this mentality, are buying in to those who want to get rich off of the culture of victimhood, like Al Shapton and Jessie Jackson. Go ahead, those guys need the money.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,372,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
What do you think?
African Americans are free to do whatever they choose to do.

That said, regardless of whether or not forgiveness is deserved, refusing to forgive someone of an offense (real or perceived) harms nobody but you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies