Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Yes, they should completely forgive 142 37.97%
They should forgive but dont forget 183 48.93%
No, they shouldnt forgive America 49 13.10%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times

Advertisements

Being that i am not a black person, i cannot speculate how they would feel, although, i am sure being different individuals, they each feel different about this topic.

I would if i were a black person i would forgive, but i would not forget, to harbor non forgiveness is not good to move on with the future. I think for anyone who chooses to live in the past, and grudge up past mistakes, cannot move on with the future. We also grow as a person when we forgive, it takes much more enenrgy, for forgiveness, then it does, to hold on to resentment.

The history of slavery, cannot be changed, it is what happened, however i hope in that those who are black, do not use this as an excuse, to not move forward with their life, or blame it for failures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 04:27 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
What do you think?
Blacks have done IMO better in America than anywhere else. They should kiss the ground and be happy. That is what I think.

I would kiss the ground as well, could have been born into Islam or Africa.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Yes, I think they should waste their lives whining about slavery, when no one who is alive now either was a slave, or had a slave.
Since when did remembering one's history become whining? Oh, I forgot...when your black.

Last edited by dorado0359; 04-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM

744 posts, read 812,221 times
Black people need to be given Mississippi as their own country ASAP away from the greedy White devil so they can finally be prosperous and have strong families

Old 04-02-2012, 07:41 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Today most whites are getting tired of being called a racist. Even Obama thought his grandmother was a profiler and that she was a typical white person by Obama's description of her.

Now we all know we hear about black on black crime all the time and we also see that many blacks steal , and sell drugs and get into trouble by the news. So if a white person is afraid of blacks it is called racial profiling..

Now how come many blacks are afraid of blacks and would rather live in a white neighborhood than a black neighborhood.. and the blacks are afraid to go out at night thinking they will be shot if they live in a black neighborhood and it isn't profiling.

So it looks as if blacks profile blacks but it doesn't mean a thing to blacks.

But if a white person is afraid of a black person or a group of blacks coming toward them, such as Obama described his white grandmother , they are profilers.. this is so bias it stinks to high heaven.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Blacks have done IMO better in America than anywhere else. They should kiss the ground and be happy. That is what I think.

I would kiss the ground as well, could have been born into Islam or Africa.
We'll determine what ground we should kiss and how thankful we should be.

Just worry about yourself and be happy about your ancestors escaping that craphole they came from. We'll worry about our own happiness.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Today most whites are getting tired of being called a racist. Even Obama thought his grandmother was a profiler and that she was a typical white person by Obama's description of her.

Now we all know we hear about black on black crime all the time and we also see that many blacks steal , and sell drugs and get into trouble by the news. So if a white person is afraid of blacks it is called racial profiling..

Now how come many blacks are afraid of blacks and would rather live in a white neighborhood than a black neighborhood.. and the blacks are afraid to go out at night thinking they will be shot if they live in a black neighborhood and it isn't profiling.

So it looks as if blacks profile blacks but it doesn't mean a thing to blacks.

But if a white person is afraid of a black person or a group of blacks coming toward them, such as Obama described his white grandmother , they are profilers.. this is so bias it stinks to high heaven.
Then don't be a racist and no one will call you one. Seems simple to me. (shoulder shrug)

Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,629,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Jews continue to cram the holocaust down everyone's throat.

When The Irish, Italians, Germans and Jews just forget about their history in America, then maybe, just maybe blacks will just forget about theirs.
Well the difference is that Holocaust survivors are STILL ALIVE, while slaves from the 16th-19th centuries are dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Nobody is alive today that endured slavery.
Not true. The Human Slave trade is alive and well in the US despite being illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Your logic is beyond screwed up, neither white or black people today in the US have any idea what it's like to be a slave or to be "irrelevant" since every person who was a slave or owned a slave has been dead for 100 years.
Tell that to the THOUSANDS of slaves in this country right now, I think they will disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
...when no one who is alive now either was a slave, or had a slave.
Wrong. Human trafficing is a BILLION dollar business, and thousands of slaves are imported into this country yearly alone; not to mention the thousands in other countries. It's SICK!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Today most whites are getting tired of being called a racist.
Then stop being racist.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times
they have already forgiven and still would if america would just be fair to them. even the slaves were willing to forgive immediately after 1865 then came Jim Crow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies