Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:12 PM

334 posts, read 454,802 times

Advertisements

Funny thing is that most whites didn't own slaves, and most slave owners were people of color. That's the real kicker and facts that people seem to overlook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 05:12 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think the point is this: Who the hell cares, and is this important?

She was the one who was not proud of "her" country. Well, we are not "proud" of them. They are simply Chicago thug trash. And they are destroying our country! I couldn't care less about her history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You have to realize, some people think that America "invented" slavery. Hell, slavery still exists in the world today.

Jews are decendents of slaves if ya wanna get technical!

These people (the Obama's, not blacks) are so freakin' disgusting I just want to barf.

It's obvious that you hate the President and First Lady for who they are. This level of vitriol seems excessive even by CD standards. The NYT simply published a fact that the First Lady may have descended from slaves. Just as it's been pointed out in the past Obama may have a genealogical link to Dick Cheney. The Obama's didn't ask the NYT to publish this. Your extreme reaction and lashing out at the first couple for this makes no sense whatsoever. To an objective person reading your posts, your motivation seem highly suspicious given your disproportionate response to what is essentially a trivial fact.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:16 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorderoAries View Post
Funny thing is that most whites didn't own slaves, and most slave owners were people of color. That's the real kicker and facts that people seem to overlook.
And the Civil War never happened, neither did the Civil Rights Movement. Let's all just make up facts out of thin air to suit our own alternative universes.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:07 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,905,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorderoAries View Post
True!

In addition, the first slave owners were people of color as well!

Old 10-28-2014, 08:19 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmas321 View Post
Im Irish and my people were enslaved also. So what does that mean? Do I get to use the slave card now?
Me too. I don't think I know any Irish folk that toss around the "woe is me" card. I love how in the US it's all about African slavery, people obviously don't know how horrible the Irish were treated right into the 20th Century. Do some research. Irish were considered so insignificant that their history in this country has become insignificant.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Me too. I don't think I know any Irish folk that toss around the "woe is me" card. I love how in the US it's all about African slavery, people obviously don't know how horrible the Irish were treated right into the 20th Century. Do some research. Irish were considered so insignificant that their history in this country has become insignificant.
Yep

Irish people and Irish slaves actually got treated and went through much worse than mamy or even most black African slaves and black African descent peoples.

Irish went through and faced global oppression as well

Although Jim Crow and Civil Rights movement are more so the reasons why some blacks or black identified use the race card

Slavery in many ways is irrelevant:

Essays on the U.S. Color Line » Blog Archive » Slavery is Irrelevant

Old 10-28-2014, 08:51 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,354 times
Most americans of euro import ancestry are descendants of some sort of slavery. It's just the colonist got caught at it.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
And the Civil War never happened, neither did the Civil Rights Movement. Let's all just make up facts out of thin air to suit our own alternative universes.
Yep, the truth is not always meant to be politically correct.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:06 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
That ain't no lady, that's o's wife.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:26 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobreTodo View Post
True!

In addition, the first slave owners were people of color as well!

So were the first slave sellers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies