Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,299,683 times

Advertisements

I'm sure this lady is pleased she won't get the flu this year.

YouTube - Girl Barely Speaks or Walks, Constant Seizures After Flu Shot, She Was Marathon Runner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 AM

30,082 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
No swine flu shot. I see a class action lawsuit against the US coming, but if the country is bankrupt, why bother.

Great! I hope very few others want the swine flu vaccine so there will be enough for my kids. The seasonal flu is not as threatening to the young, however, swine flu, like the spanish flu of 1919, affects primarily the young.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,299,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great! I hope very few others want the swine flu vaccine so there will be enough for my kids. The seasonal flu is not as threatening to the young, however, swine flu, like the spanish flu of 1919, affects primarily the young.
Please, have all the swine flu "vaccine" you need. Give them two if it helps!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times
People who's immune systems are compromised are obviously at the most risk. The problem is in determining who is in that category. Unless you have regular blood analysis you don't have any idea how vulnerable your are, you just don't feel it until to see the effects by getting sick. My business is in providing help to people to boost their immune system, so I talk to many who have absolutely no clue the state of their vulnerability. I would suggest, before deciding not to get the flu shot, have your doctor review your situation. If you don't want to do that, take the shot anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Boulder County, Colorado had another death from Swine Flu, this one in a four year old boy with "mild underlying health problems". I don't know what they were. Anyway, Boulder Co. has run out of H1N1 vaccine for the moment b/c of huge demand. This in a county which regularly makes the news for its pertussis epidemics b/c people won't immunize their kids against it.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,335,661 times
Side effects.

Alex Jones’ Prison Planet.com » Reactions to Glaxo Flu Vaccine Under Investigation in Canada

Old 11-26-2009, 10:10 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,034,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Here's a woman who regrets taking the shot...

25-year-old can barely walk or talk just two months after being vaccinated

Woman Blames Paralyzing Neurological Disease On Flu Shot
See this is what concerns me and makes me reluctant to get vaccinated. I know of one person who had the flu for weeks after getting his shot and my fear is contracting swine flu from a flu shot. Who knows. I was feeling lousy one week in September and it may have been swine flu so I may have already developed immunity.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:05 AM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
So far nobody has linked this womans problems with a flu shot she received 10 days earlier yet people WANT to believe that's what caused it. In fact, many Dr's have stated that what she is saying is wrong with her can't physcially BE HAPPENING...that it may not be PHYSICAL at all. I don't know, I'm no Dr and I don't know anything about this womans medical status, but I know I'm not going to assume the flu shot did this to her and spread it around in emails and online forums as if it were a fact. Why do people do that? Ignorance or what?.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,843,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
This is a very good article entitled: "Does the Vaccine Matter? Its a very good article and should be read by anyone/everyone who is anticipating getting a flu vaccine shot this year.

Does the Vaccine Matter? - The Atlantic (November 2009)

20yrsinBranson
In addition, vaccine “mismatches” occurred in 1968 and 1997: in both years, the vaccine that had been produced in the summer protected against one set of viruses, but come winter, a different set was circulating. In effect, nobody was vaccinated. Yet death rates from all causes, including flu and the various illnesses it can exacerbate, did not budge.

What about "I caught the flu." rates? I wonder if they budged.
Anyone here ever have the flu? It sucks. Put me on my back for almost a week. I barely had the energy to literally crawl off my couch to the floor, then struggle to the .. .hell with it .. i'm getting back on the couch. My wife fed me chicken soup. I got better. Just as she caught the flu.
Took us out, bascally, for about a week each.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,200,664 times
Yes, because one article is going to debunk billions of years of evolution and microbiology. Let me just go ahead and invest all of my faith in this one article written by two random people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies