Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
That's right up there with Michelle Bachmann's "Well, this mother told me how the HPV vaccine made her daughter mentally retarded" story...
STOP embarassing yourself! Flu shot CAN and has caused Guillian Barre! The Assembly of God pastor that preached my mom's funeral and is an old, family friend got a flu shot and was paralyzed and seriously ill with GB. His docs did not even try to tell him there was no link. They all admitted it was the shot but of course they told him that he is the exception, not the norm.

The flu shot is not the only shot that GB is connected to.

Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS) and its link to the Flu Shot / Vaccination :: San Antonio Injury Attorney Blog

Guillain-Barre Syndrome - What is Guillain-Barre Syndrome - GBS

Va. teen suffers rare illness after swine flu shot - Health - Cold and flu - Swine flu - msnbc.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Medical statistician Michael Alderson, author of several classic research texts, has shown how infectious diseases had sharply declined before mass vaccination ever came upon the scene. Many researchers feel from looking at the data that infectious diseases would have largely disappeared without any vaccines, due to improvements in sanitation and hygiene before mass inoculations took place.
Australian medical researcher Viera Scheibner, Ph.D., summarized her investigation of some 30,000 pages of medical literature on vaccination in “Sudden Infant Death Syndrome,” a 1999 letter to Congress: “Immunizations, including those practiced on babies, not only did not prevent any infectious diseases, they caused more suffering and more deaths than has any other human activity in the entire history of medical intervention. It will be decades before the mopping-up after the disasters caused by childhood vaccination will be completed. All vaccinations should cease forthwith, and all victims of their side effects should be appropriately compensated.”
We Didn’t Need to be Rescued This table show how dieseases have on their own during this century. The numbers indicate the approximate year that mass vaccinations were introduced.
And this ^^ is a lie.

Vaccines: Vac-Gen/Some Misconceptions

MISCONCEPTION #1 - Diseases had already begun to disappear before vaccines were introduced, because of better hygiene and sanitation.
Statements like this are very common in anti-vaccine literature, the intent apparently being to suggest that vaccines are not needed. Improved socioeconomic conditions have undoubtedly had an indirect impact on disease. Better nutrition, not to mention the development of antibiotics and other treatments, have increased survival rates among the sick; less crowded living conditions have reduced disease transmission; and lower birth rates have decreased the number of susceptible household contacts. But looking at the actual incidence of disease over the years can leave little doubt of the significant direct impact vaccines have had, even in modern times. Here, for example, is a graph showing the reported incidence of measles from 1950 to the present.

You will have to actually look at the link to see the chart.

(Mod note: govt. website)

Old 04-01-2012, 05:14 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And this ^^ is a lie.

Vaccines: Vac-Gen/Some Misconceptions

MISCONCEPTION #1 - Diseases had already begun to disappear before vaccines were introduced, because of better hygiene and sanitation.
Statements like this are very common in anti-vaccine literature, the intent apparently being to suggest that vaccines are not needed. Improved socioeconomic conditions have undoubtedly had an indirect impact on disease. Better nutrition, not to mention the development of antibiotics and other treatments, have increased survival rates among the sick; less crowded living conditions have reduced disease transmission; and lower birth rates have decreased the number of susceptible household contacts. But looking at the actual incidence of disease over the years can leave little doubt of the significant direct impact vaccines have had, even in modern times. Here, for example, is a graph showing the reported incidence of measles from 1950 to the present.

You will have to actually look at the link to see the chart.

(Mod note: govt. website)
Where your data comes from and how you interpret it is subjective and certainly debatable. The term "lie" is not one I would I use.

However, what you are singling out that you are calling a lie has nothing to do with why I posted the article, as I stated, so not sure why you think it is even relevant.

i.e. (immunization vs vaccination)

Old 01-04-2013, 10:20 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Default My body, my choice

It's only going to get worse when ObamaCare goes into effect and the government starts mandating unnecessary inoculations for everybody otherwise you'll have to pay a fine.

Meanwhile patients are more likely to contract MRSA infection from diseased and dirty hospitals than to catch the flu from a nurse.

RIP America

Nurses Fired For Refusing Flu Shot
'This is my body, I have a right to refuse'
Ethel Hoover ends a 22-year nursing career after refusing an act that her employers required.
The hospital said in a statement that it implemented the mandate to promote patient safety based on recommendations from the American Medical Association, the American Nurses Association, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It announced the mandate in September. Of the hospital's 26,000 employees statewide, 95 percent complied. That means 1,300 employees did not comply, but only eight were fired.

hmm, so why weren't the other 1,292 nurses fired for not getting the flu shot?

I smell a lawsuit and I hope the nurses win.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's only going to get worse when ObamaCare goes into effect and the government starts mandating unnecessary inoculations for everybody otherwise you'll have to pay a fine.

Meanwhile patients are more likely to contract MRSA infection from diseased and dirty hospitals than to catch the flu from a nurse.

RIP America

Nurses Fired For Refusing Flu Shot
'This is my body, I have a right to refuse'
Ethel Hoover ends a 22-year nursing career after refusing an act that her employers required.
The hospital said in a statement that it implemented the mandate to promote patient safety based on recommendations from the American Medical Association, the American Nurses Association, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It announced the mandate in September. Of the hospital's 26,000 employees statewide, 95 percent complied. That means 1,300 employees did not comply, but only eight were fired.

hmm, so why weren't the other 1,292 nurses fired for not getting the flu shot?

I smell a lawsuit and I hope the nurses win.
Proof? As in links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies