Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:26 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times

Advertisements

After the snow, it will melt and there will be great floods, and the Statue of Liberty will only be recognized by the crown and arm extended out of the water...

Isn't this what was hinted at in The Day After Tomorrow?

BA-HA-HA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times
Quote:
No, this is the point people just shake their heads and walk away, saddened by the inability of people unable to understand the difference between global climate and local weather.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:32 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
In the 25 years I've lived in Boston, it has never snowed in mid-October, to the best of my recollection.

How many times do the global warming deniers have to be told that weather is not the same as climate.

Climate change--or "global warming"--manifests in erratic weather patterns, not in how "hot" or "cold" it is. To equate a snowfall with "evidence" of there being no such thing as global warming is to think like a child.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
According to NOAA, El Nino will have an effect on weather this winter. NOAA predicts have the nation will have cooler temps, the other half warmer. The Northeast and California cannot be predicted and can go either way on temps.
Clip:
... Nevada had its warmest September on record and California tied for its warmest month on record. The nation's rainfall in September was exactly average.
NOAA also announced on Thursday that globally September was the second warmest month in 130 years of recordkeeping, just behind 2005. World temperatures last month averaged 60.1 degrees Fahrenheit (15.6 degrees Celsius), which is 1.1 degrees (0.6 degrees Celsius) above normal. Three-quarters of the way through the year, 2009 is lining up to be the sixth warmest year on record.
Winter forecast: Warmer West, North; cooler South - Salon.com | News Wires (http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/scitech/2009/10/15/D9BBK0KG0_us_sci_winter_outlook/print.html - broken link)

Old 10-16-2009, 09:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/jg4937/globalwarming.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
In the 25 years I've lived in Boston, it has never snowed in mid-October, to the best of my recollection.

How many times do the global warming deniers have to be told that weather is not the same as climate.

Climate change--or "global warming"--manifests in erratic weather patterns, not in how "hot" or "cold" it is. To equate a snowfall with "evidence" of there being no such thing as global warming is to think like a child.
The Storm of October 1804, brought vast amounts of snow to New England

Storm of October 1804 facts - Freebase

Must have been due to all that "Moo Moo and horsey poop" back then causing climate change...And if you don't believe it...I guess you think like a child...

Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
I just want to wish an early XMASS to all the man made Global Warming believers out there and also to the AL Gore zombies....
Thank you for your daily weather report. Why didn't you tell me last year that it was going to be in the 70's here for a week, instead of in the upper 20's like it usually is. I could have taken a swim.

Oh yeah. Thats right. You know nothing about the weather other then what you find on other sites, that shares your views.

Oh well.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:17 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
According to NOAA, El Nino will have an effect on weather this winter. NOAA predicts have the nation will have cooler temps, the other half warmer. The Northeast and California cannot be predicted and can go either way on temps.
Clip:
... Nevada had its warmest September on record and California tied for its warmest month on record. The nation's rainfall in September was exactly average.
NOAA also announced on Thursday that globally September was the second warmest month in 130 years of recordkeeping, just behind 2005. World temperatures last month averaged 60.1 degrees Fahrenheit (15.6 degrees Celsius), which is 1.1 degrees (0.6 degrees Celsius) above normal. Three-quarters of the way through the year, 2009 is lining up to be the sixth warmest year on record.
Winter forecast: Warmer West, North; cooler South - Salon.com | News Wires (http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/scitech/2009/10/15/D9BBK0KG0_us_sci_winter_outlook/print.html - broken link)
Im sure someone will dig out some pretty charts that shows differently.
They hate being wrong almost as much as they hate the other side being right. So they will look for someone who will agree with them. And will post it as fact.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Is this your hundreth thread on the same subject? Don't you ever get bored with your own threads? Be daring...try a bit of variety now and then and help keep the boards interesting.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your daily weather report. Why didn't you tell me last year that it was going to be in the 70's here for a week, instead of in the upper 20's like it usually is. I could have taken a swim.

Oh yeah. Thats right. You know nothing about the weather other then what you find on other sites, that shares your views.

Oh well.
Whether thats true or not...I do know one thing for sure...You and others like you are full of Global Warming Hot Air "BS"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies