Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,573,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
I just want to wish an early XMASS to all the man made Global Warming believers out there and also to the AL Gore zombies....
Let it snow! SEE:...... A Current Controversy: Is Europe About To Freeze? .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 02:17 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,867,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
I just want to wish an early XMASS to all the man made Global Warming believers out there and also to the AL Gore zombies....
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Silly guy. It's called climate catastrophe now.

That particular religion is losing its media converts.

Losing Their Religion: 2009 officially declared year the media lost their faith in man-made global warming fears | Climate Depot

Old 10-17-2009, 02:52 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,946,788 times
Quote:
you sound soooooo incredible ignorant when you post this crap. So, if global warming were "real" that would equate to no more autumn snow fall? ever? Anywhere? Is that what you are saying?
No what i'm saying is that ive talked to alot of Al Gore zombies(including my sister-in-law) who claim that the earth's temperature has been rising steadly each year...and that we would be experiencing warmer winters with little to no snowfall...... thats the crap im talking about...as you would say...

what happened to global warming

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8299079.stm

Western Montana could hit record low temperatures,

http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=11295113 (broken link)

US CHILL MAP

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

Record cold threaten seed potatoe

http://www.missoulian.com/news/state...cc4c002e0.html

Austria: earliest snowfall in history

http://austriantimes.at/news/General...t_to_be_broken

BTW...For your info...I do not believe in man made global warming/climate change

Last edited by tonyandclaire89; 10-17-2009 at 03:16 AM..

Old 10-17-2009, 03:42 AM

24,521 posts, read 33,396,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
In the 25 years I've lived in Boston, it has never snowed in mid-October, to the best of my recollection.

How many times do the global warming deniers have to be told that weather is not the same as climate.

Climate change--or "global warming"--manifests in erratic weather patterns, not in how "hot" or "cold" it is. To equate a snowfall with "evidence" of there being no such thing as global warming is to think like a child.
Well, which is it? "global warming" or "climate change?"

Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,979,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Convenience isn't the issue now, is it?

The deniers would have you believe taking the temperature of 1 first grader in Boston on Thursday and finding it 98.6 means every first grader in the entire country also had a temperature of 98.6 all week.
And yet this is the very method used to establish support for AGW or would you say that Briffa's method of tree selection is acceptable because it weights in the favor of the AGW position? Taking the Greenpeace stance?

Old 10-17-2009, 08:25 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,324,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Probably bigger than yours! He's a rocket scientist! He could blow up the world!
You can be anything you want to be on the internets! I'm a rock star with 2 Ferraris and a chalet in the Alps.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:28 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,054,432 times
OT but:

1. You brought it up.

2. He has a PhD in physics. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it untrue.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
OT but:

1. You brought it up.

2. He has a PhD in physics. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it untrue.

Suuuuuuure he does. Using reverse psychology of "I don't care what you want to believe...it's true" is another internets tactic. I also don't care if you don't want to believe that I'm a rock star with a chalet in the alps. But I digress...you assumed his Ph. D. is bigger than mine? My imminent one is in artificial intelligence. Can I come over and we can compare sizes? Oh yeah, speaking of OT, I was making a joke about Fox Mulder "I want to believe (in global warming)" types pulling degrees of people who are in the environmental sciences, not in "rocket science".

Old 10-17-2009, 09:16 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,054,432 times
Hey, I don't care if you believe it or not. Who said anything about PhD sizes? What is yours in and where is it from?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Hey, I don't care if you believe it or not. Who said anything about PhD sizes? What is yours in and where is it from?
As I've said, mine is imminent meaning I'm defending soon. It's going to be in the field I described from an well regarded school, esp. in this particular research concentration. You replied OT concerning my witticism, as your reverse psychology induced story about your "rocket scientist husband". When you make up a story about an environmental scientist for a husband, you be sure to let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies