Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:22 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,946,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Is this your hundreth thread on the same subject? Don't you ever get bored with your own threads? Be daring...try a bit of variety now and then and help keep the boards interesting.
Well..obviously you keep looking...as you would say.. have a fetish about me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 10:25 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,181,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Well..obviously you keep looking...as you would say.. have a fetish about me...
It's just difficult to miss. It's like the movie "Ground Hog Day".

Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,430,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
In the 25 years I've lived in Boston, it has never snowed in mid-October, to the best of my recollection.

How many times do the global warming deniers have to be told that weather is not the same as climate.

Climate change--or "global warming"--manifests in erratic weather patterns, not in how "hot" or "cold" it is. To equate a snowfall with "evidence" of there being no such thing as global warming is to think like a child.

Ahh yes but there is nothing erratic about the current weather pattern.

The sun has gone quiet. We have been in a solar minimum for 2 years with no let up in sight... The last time this happened we had extensive cooling.

In addition to that both the Atlantic decadal oscillation and the Pacific decadal oscillation have turned cool and we have entered into a pretty strong La Nina pattern

All those things point to a strong shift to cooling....

Just like the last 30 years saw a very high sunspot activity with very strong warm ADO and PDO with very strong El Nino patterns.

(Oh and over the course of the period called the "warming" we had a huge reduction in temp. data collection stations with all the rural stations going away and only those with strong urban heat island effect remaining)

So, warming happened for very understandable reasons that have nothing to do with CO2, and cooling appears to be right on time. considering the convergence of all the cooling inputs we are talking about, folks should plan on getting their BIG Coats out cuz its gonna be chilly for a couple decades.... at least.... unless this solar minimum reaches maunder proportions! If that happens then move south cuz the next lifetime is gonna be quite fridged.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I just want to wish an early XMASS to all the man made Global Warming believers out there and also to the AL Gore zombies....
Dear OP, thank you for this thread. Additionally thank you for all the threads you have started on the subject! It is needful that we discuss the issue so we can sway those that can be, that AGW is about as real as santy claus....

I have one question, do you think the AGW histerics is really about people who still believe in Santy Clause and are afraid he might fall into the ocean if his house melts?

Seriously I am right there with you on this. AGW is a hoax that is only backed by scientists with agendas who bend their data to support a political agenda.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Dear OP, thank you for this thread. Additionally thank you for all the threads you have started on the subject! It is needful that we discuss the issue so we can sway those that can be, that AGW is about as real as santy claus....

I have one question, do you think the AGW histerics is really about people who still believe in Santy Clause and are afraid he might fall into the ocean if his house melts?

Seriously I am right there with you on this. AGW is a hoax that is only backed by scientists with agendas who bend their data to support a political agenda.
Thankyou Ferd,

your right.. if we can sway those that can be...maybe we can put enough pressure to stop the Cap & Trade bill...which would be unmitigated disaster for this nation...

Old 10-16-2009, 10:41 AM

October 16, snowing here in Boston, Global Warming

If Global Warming equals more storms, where are they?

Obama, Voters Don’t See Eye-to-Eye on Global Warming

Global Warming Catch-All Thread

Global Warming - It's going to freeze us all to death

Drop in world temperatures fuels global warming debate...global warming what alot of BS!!!...LOL

U.N. climate meeting was propaganda: Czech president

U.N. Climate Summit Leaves Large Carbon Footprint...a bunch of phonies

US-EU rift clouds climate summit....We can only hope...

solar activity may have greater impacts on global temperatures than previously thought..try telling that to the GW crowd

Funny thing is, that when these threads are started anyone interested in giving their opinion and posting links has already done so. The deniers have already spoken and the believers have also spoken. No matter which graph, article, explanation, reasoning or photos are posted, there is still debate and neither side will budge. So my point is, what is the point? By posting all of these threads, the OP is doing it more to bait than honest discussion. Tedious to say the least and knowng full well that nobody is going to change their stance. In truth, the OP does not seem to even have an understanding of what the terms "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" scientifically mean, which does nothing to add to the credibility of the posts.

The threads that I sited are just scratching the surface...BTW.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:42 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,326,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Drop in world temperatures fuels global warming debate...global warming what alot of BS!!!...LOL

solar activity may have greater impacts on global temperatures than previously thought..try telling that to the GW crowd

Funny thing is, that when these threads are started anyone interested in giving their opinion and posting links has already done so. The deniers have already spoken and the believers have also spoken. No matter which graph, article, explanation, reasoning or photos are posted, there is still debate and neither side will budge. So my point is, what is the point? By posting all of these threads, the OP is doing it more as bait than honest discussion. Tedious to say the least and knowng full well that nobody is going to change their stance. In truth, the OP does not seem to even have an understanding of what the terms "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" scientifically mean, which does nothing to add to the credibility of the posts.
Is silencing free speech gonna be part of cap and trade?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:

Funny thing is, that when these threads are started anyone interested in giving their opinion and posting links has already done so. The deniers have already spoken and the believers have also spoken. No matter which graph, article, explanation, reasoning or photos are posted, there is still debate and neither side will budge. So my point is, what is the point? By posting all of these threads, the OP is doing it more to bait than honest discussion. Tedious to say the least and knowng full well that nobody is going to change their stance. In truth, the OP does not seem to even have an understanding of what the terms "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" scientifically mean, which does nothing to add to the credibility of the posts.

Wow...you really have a fetish about me...sorry to disappoint you...but i'm not gay...

Old 10-16-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Wow...you really have a fetish about me...sorry to disappoint you...but i'm not gay...
Well, here's a perfect example of your drawing conclusions without all of the facts...How do you know if I'm male or female???

Old 10-16-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

honestly you make no point at all. Every single issue talked about in this forum has MANY MANY threads that cover the same subject.

there hare dozens of threads about healthcare. even though there is on "official" thread that has a sticky.

We make new threads when something new pops up. the OP likes this subject. I do to.

move along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies