Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nothing to do with Obama, nothing to do with Christiainty. Anyone care to guess again?
My guess is the welfare system. This way the girls really have no more worries about their futures. They don't have to study hard, they don't have to worry about getting into college, they don't have to worry about finding a job -- ever. It's cradle to grave welfare for them now. There is no suffering, on welfare they have it quite a lot better than the working poor and middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Yeah just like the trailor park communitys in Arkansas that are conservative. So the fruits of a conservative county bring us brother and sister making babies together. Thats alot better I guess. But then again conservatives count on inbreds for votes so keep up the good work.

My what a bigoted statement! How extensive has your research been to prove everyone living in a trailor park is a conservative? In the poorer trailor parks I would bet most are liberals and possibly users. The people looking for social services are liberals which means they vote Democrat. They would have a lot in common with the San Francisco crowd that also looks for social services and abnormal sexual partnering.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWAg View Post
Abortions provide an easy, irresponsible way out for these kids. Abortion teaches that "it's okay if you get pregnant, just come into one of our many convenient locations and terminate your child". It does not teach prevention and should never be an option.

I would stick to education and birth control.
Abortion sure isn't working the way the pro-aborts promised it would. More children born out of wedlock, more welfare recipients than before legal abortion, child abuse cases are worse now than ever.

Often these girls have had a number of abortions. Or they abort to punish the boyfriend if he dumps them too soon into the pregnancy. They may abort 2 or 3 times, then decide they want the welfare or they think the baby will be a way to hold onto the boyfriend for a while longer, make him proud and macho at least.

Or they abort a few babies and get pregnant again and decide to keep one as some twisted kind of remorse they feel for the babies they had killed.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:49 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Abortion sure isn't working the way the pro-aborts promised it would. More children born out of wedlock, more welfare recipients than before legal abortion, child abuse cases are worse now than ever.
No, no and no.

All wrong, esp. the part about welfare recipients.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
My guess is the welfare system. This way the girls really have no more worries about their futures. They don't have to study hard, they don't have to worry about getting into college, they don't have to worry about finding a job -- ever. It's cradle to grave welfare for them now. There is no suffering, on welfare they have it quite a lot better than the working poor and middle class.

Do you just make up whatever it is that you want to believe? or are you just parroting what you've heard about welfare BEFORE the welfare changes took place in the mid-1990s.

Quote:
Highlights of TANF (Welfare)
Work Requirements:

Recipients must work as soon as they are job-ready or no later than two years after coming on assistance.

To count toward a State’s work participation rate, single parents must participate in work activities for an average of 30 hours per week, or an average of 20 hours per week if they have a child under age six. Two-parent families must participate in work activities for an average of 35 hours a week or, if they receive Federal child care assistance, 55 hours a week.

Failure to participate in work requirements can result in a reduction or termination of a family’s benefits.

Five-Year Time Limit:
Families with an adult who has received federally-funded assistance for a total of five years (or less at state option) are not eligible for cash aid under the TANF program
So much for your cradle to grave theory.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:57 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
My what a bigoted statement! How extensive has your research been to prove everyone living in a trailor park is a conservative? In the poorer trailor parks I would bet most are liberals and possibly users. The people looking for social services are liberals which means they vote Democrat. They would have a lot in common with the San Francisco crowd that also looks for social services and abnormal sexual partnering.
I live in a trailer park with close to 50 trailers. Majority of our trailer park is black families, then comes the white families, and a few latin families. None of us are related. Most supported Obama. We have both conservative and liberal families receiving government help. My neighbor is a hard core Obama supporter and she collects disability for her back. She also has used a shovel to lift concrete blocks out the ground to bring to her home. My wife and father-in-law both get a government check. My wife for disability for her spine which is held together with screws and rods and even demerol barely helps the pain. Her dad is 84 and a Navy veteran. People aren't trash because they live in a trailerpark. It's just the best home they can afford and the montly payments are far less than renting. For one to be trailerpark trash, that depends on how one lives their life. Neither us nor our liberal neighbor do drugs, drink, or smoke. We care for our home and yard as best we can and we watch out for our neighbors' homes.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
But the FACT remains - if the girls did not lie down and spread their legs to be a willing receptacle - they would not get pregnant.
The FACT also remains that if men wouldn't stick their penis into any willing hole, babies would not be created. Men have as much control over whether they get someone pregnant as women do.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
The FACT also remains that if men wouldn't stick their penis into any willing hole, babies would not be created. Men have as much control over whether they get someone pregnant as women do.
The fact remains that both the girls and the boys are at fault. Kids at my high school (class of 87) were having sex all the time (at least they claimed they did) and either the girls were on the pill or the boys used a condom or they used both. To be fair, we were scared of AIDS at the time cause that was a death sentence so virtually everyone used a condom. They're much cheaper than a baby or a trip to a doctor for some shots or pills.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:09 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
More Obama voters.

1 In 7 Girls At Robeson High School Got Pregnant - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Robeson.High.School.2.1251642.html - broken link)

The school website: Paul Robeson High School
That is truly pathetic. This country is on the verge of collapse.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
That is truly pathetic. This country is on the verge of collapse.
Hey, they're just trying to get their turn on the Maury Povich show for another episode of "who da baby daddy?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies