Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:10 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,434,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The poll is skewed 51-39% gap that favors the democrats.
Hard to find people who will admit to being Republican these days....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 06:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,955,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Rasmussen polls likely voters only. That makes any of their polls valid only for election information. It makes their polls invalid as public opinion polls.
Hmmm. I cant repudiate that, if true point taken.

Public Opinion. These polls do not seem logical for public opinion. The national coalition on health care states only 20% of the population go uncovered. Newsweek posted an article were it's stated that that 87% of people with health care are satisfied with their coverage. I can't make that leap were now over 50% of people want the public health option when only 20% people are currently uncovered and for the ones who are covered, the majority are happy with theirs. I do not see the numbers there.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:24 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,748,847 times
Well here's good news

Obama: Health Care Plan Would Give Seniors Right To Choose How They Are Killed | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM

um.....it's The Onion...

Old 10-22-2009, 06:32 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,748,847 times
Quote:
um.....it's The Onion...

Old 10-22-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

Public Opinion. These polls do not seem logical for public opinion. The national coalition on health care states only 20% of the population go uncovered. Newsweek posted an article were it's stated that that 87% of people with health care are satisfied with their coverage. I can't make that leap were now over 50% of people want the public health option when only 20% people are currently uncovered and for the ones who are covered, the majority are happy with theirs. I do not see the numbers there.
There are all kinds of explanations....

1. Twenty percent go uncovered but many, many are underinsured.
2. People may like their insurance but as people lose their jobs or employers cut back, the idea that they can lose what they have and may not be able to get it back has to be on a lot of minds.
3. Just because I like my insurance doesn't mean I'm not in favor of an option for people who are as fortunate as I am.
4. Even people who have insurance they like aren't oblivious to the cost to them and/or their employer.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:40 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,459,203 times
Quote:

It's entirely possible to be satisfied with one's own insurance, but see or know the desperate need for reform, and therefore support a public option. Most of us in that boat know that we are only one major illness, injury or job loss away from being dropped from the insurance we currently enjoy, and someday may be in a position where we, too, may need to take advantage of a public option until we can get back on private insurance. The concepts are not mutually exclusive.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:10 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,047,435 times
Quote:
That's for sure. It's hilarious to me how many posts begin, "I'm not a Republican, but. . . "

Quote:

Private health insurers charge more to give you less. - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine

the healthy majority accounts for only 3 percent of all health care spending. To find out how lousy your health insurance is, you have to get really sick.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,037,797 times
Quote:
Wrong. That is all they polled. How else could they get the desired result?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:56 PM

351 posts, read 376,535 times
Maybe when the Republican party becomes a party again they might be credible, funnier things have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies