Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 12:29 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Morality? Who's Morality? Yours? Mine? Obama's? Reids?

Please, can we stop with the "morality" hyperbole - and stick to logic and legal?
Gee...what a surprise! You don't understand what morality is....nor will you ever understand why it is vital to any successful civilization's financial system.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Gee...what a surprise! You don't understand what morality is....nor will you ever understand why it is vital to any successful civilization's financial system.
Oh, I understand it alright. What you don't apparently understand though is there is no COMMON MORALITY. Morality is individual.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I know pretending to be a conservative while standing on a chair and shouting out liberal bs, is a lie.. Does lying fit into your equation as to whats moral and what isnt?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Why does everyone deserve health care?
Probably one of the most selfish, f'd up things I've seen lately on this forum. Congrats on falling in line w/the me mentality of that great party on the right.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Probably one of the most selfish, f'd up things I've seen lately on this forum. Congrats on falling in line w/the me mentality of that great party on the right.
haha, in order to make that argument, you must actually fall in line with the "me" mentality of those on the left who demand healthcare for YOU..

I'm sure you wont appreciate the irony of calling someone else selfish while showing how selfish you are over demanding something for YOU...

Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 PM

41 posts, read 121,705 times
How is the government going to make up the lost tax revenue on these wages?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
haha, in order to make that argument, you must actually fall in line with the "me" mentality of those on the left who demand healthcare for YOU..

I'm sure you wont appreciate the irony of calling someone else selfish while showing how selfish you are over demanding something for YOU...
Your post.....makes no sense. I have health care, thanks. I do want health care for everyone. And that equates to being selfish....haha, never heard that one before.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Your post.....makes no sense. I have health care, thanks. I do want health care for everyone. And that equates to being selfish....haha, never heard that one before.
And I applaud you for wanting health care / insurance for everyone. But, the question is, do you want to MANDATE / FORCE everyone to have health insurance and fine them, or jail them if they do not? Or, would you encourage people to get health insurance but ultimately let the decision be voluntary - up to the individual?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,202,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Exactly! Why do movie stars, rock stars and other famous folks deserve their multi-million dollar fortunes but corporate execs are treated like villians for having bonuses?
For one thing, the owners of the teams, recording studios, and film studios are making huge coin off the athletes and movies stars.

CEOs get their bonuses, salaries, and golden parachutes regardless of whether anyone is making money or not.

If an athlete is no longer of any value to a team owner, he gets kciked to the street with nothing. If a CEO is no longer of value to a corporation, he continues on, or he is given a REWARD to leave.

If a movie a star makes bombs, they are usually blamed for it, and they usually get credit if its done well. If a company a CEO runs bombs, the rank and file workers get fired, and if it succeeds, the CEO reaps a lions share of the reward, if not all of it.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:37 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,202,350 times
Quote:
And I applaud you for wanting health care / insurance for everyone. But, the question is, do you want to MANDATE / FORCE everyone to have health insurance and fine them, or jail them if they do not?

This is a rediculous solution. The people who support this type of thing are nuts. If we are going to keep the private health insurance crap, we might as well leave it alone as is. Forcing poor people to buy something they cant afford under threat of jail time is rediculous.

Quote:
Or, would you encourage people to get health insurance but ultimately let the decision be voluntary - up to the individual?
Encourage? Like with public service announcements? How is that going to make people without insurance be able to afford it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.