Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times

Advertisements

Have some PITY on me! I dont want to have to buy a SPEC home like those damn peasants out there!

AFP: Obama pay czar to slash executive salaries

Old 10-22-2009, 02:19 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Odds are those people will find jobs that weren't part of the bailout and resume making the amount of money they were making previously. Then the govt owned businesses will slowly crash and become another tax burden. We've already been told we aren't getting our money back from some of them after initially being sold the lie that we would get all of our money back plus interest. Anybody that can't see that the govt is playing 3 card monty with our tax dollars is blind.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:16 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,462,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Odds are those people will find jobs that weren't part of the bailout and resume making the amount of money they were making previously.
BS #1. Some may, others probably not. In the current economical climate there is a diminished enthusiasm to dump hundreds of millions on executives. And like everywhere else, if a few big corporations slash executive salaries, other follow soon.
Quote:
Then the govt owned businesses will slowly crash and become another tax burden.
BS#2. Who says so? I bet that some VERY good people are willing to work for less. Top executive positions are in short supply and for some people such position is attractive regardless of the money.
Quote:
We've already been told we aren't getting our money back from some of them after initially being sold the lie that we would get all of our money back plus interest. Anybody that can't see that the govt is playing 3 card monty with our tax dollars is blind.
Yes, I smell a conspiracy here. Anyway, I will be glad not to feed these hungry sharks with my money.
Besides, don't people feel that its simply insane dumping such money on executives?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
He has NO business getting his nose into what someone makes.

He needs to mind his own business.

Has he taken a cut from his 4 million dollar salary since he is getting paid to sleep and take up space in the WH?

Is he going to donate his 220,000 salary knowing he is already a millionaire and does not need it?

Is he going to donate his 1.4 scam peace prize winnings to charity?

No wonder people cannot stand the idiot, he is a commi freak who needs to mind his own business.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:29 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Has he taken a cut from his 4 million dollar salary since he is getting paid to sleep and take up space in the WH?

Is he going to donate his 220,000 salary knowing he is already a millionaire and does not need it?

No wonder people cannot stand the idiot, he is a commi freak who needs to mind his own business.
It became his business when they took a government handout which they wouldn't have needed if they managed their business correctly in the first place. Sort of like when a person is on welfare and they have to report all of their income and follow certain rules. If they had that much money, why did they need government assistance? We all (entire corporation from bottom up and it as a large one that is talked about on the news daily) did not get pay raises or bonuses at my company this year because of the economy. I was not upset when this announcement was made, just happy to still have a job.

Oh and yes he is donating his money.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:35 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Playing the populist card could easily backfire. A lot of these people were hired to come in and straighten out the mess left behind by previous management. What do you think they're going to do, stick around and get screwed again? Then what, hire a fresh crop of young, inexperienced MBA's? This will end up costing the taxpayer even more, but this administration doesn't care. IMO they need a scapegoat, something to divert attention, something to get people all ticked off again.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Stop crying.

He has every right when these people are running their businesses on OUR Tax money. I am very happy to hear about this.

Go Obama!

I support President Obama's decision.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It became his business when they took a government handout which they wouldn't have needed if they managed their business correctly in the first place. Sort of like when a person is on welfare and they have to report all of their income and follow certain rules. If they had that much money, why did they need government assistance? We all (entire corporation from bottom up and it as a large one that is talked about on the news daily) did not get pay raises or bonuses at my company this year because of the economy. I was not upset when this announcement was made, just happy to still have a job.

Oh and yes he is donating his money.
which charity is obama donating the peace prize to, since i haven't seen that information published? i certainly hope he is giving the money to the families of the soldiers killed / crippled so far, sent over to fight by our government.

as far as the pay cut for these executives, i don't really have a problem with it. when they accepted the money, they must have read the contract and clearly the contract must have stated this was a possibility or they would be suing. i don't think it should EVER be considered for non-bailout companies, but i think it is high time that the rules on wall street are enforced and that the SEC start doing its job! also, whoever wrote the bailout contracts in the first place and allowed all those bonuses (which are staying until november so they have pocketed a LOT OF MONEY SO FAR) should be fired!
finally, every penny recovered should not be put in the government pot but put back into paying our debt which our government irresponsibly ran up and is continuing to run up.....

Last edited by floridasandy; 10-22-2009 at 06:15 PM..

1,814 posts, read 2,498,594 times
Quote:

Not to mention his and Michelle's obsession with being in the media limelight more than actually doing something productive for the citizens that they are supposed to serve. They remind me of a geekier version of Terrell Owens - style before substance.

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Stop crying.

He has every right when these people are running their businesses on OUR Tax money. I am very happy to hear about this.

Go Obama!

I support President Obama's decision.
Glad you feel that way. Get ready to pony up more of your tax dollars when AIG and Citibank go down. Especially AIG.

Last edited by Dockside; 10-22-2009 at 06:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.