Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 05:26 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,425 times

Advertisements

Statistics vary but it is generally agreed that Katrina killed about 1000 people. And the Bush administration was pilloried for being unprepared for this natural disaster. Already H1N1 has killed 1000 people--mostly young--and the Obama administration "dithers" (to use Cheney's word) while the supply of the vaccine is woefully deficient. If this continues there are going to be a lot of parents wanting to know why the Obama administration didn't do more to prevent the death of their child. I don't think it is too early to convene a congressional investigation to get some answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 05:34 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
There's no need for a Congressional investigation. The supply of vaccines is low because the first step in making the vaccine -- growing the virus in eggs -- turned out to take longer than expected. In no way is that Obama's fault (though I fully expect the crazy right to try to make it his fault). Exactly what is he or his administration suppose to do or have done? The comparison between Bush/Katrina and Obama/H1N1 is simply not valid.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:36 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
No because unlike Bush, Obama is actually reacting to it.

Good on him.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:43 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
There's no need for a Congressional investigation.
Really. Ten minutes worth of Google-time would take care of it. Probably though, the OP is not really so much interested in the question itself as in the unwarranted implication he is trying to create with it. Not so much integrity over there on the right-wing sometimes...

Old 10-25-2009, 05:43 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
hussein obama IS the disaster!

Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,787 times
[quote=JimMe;11342021]Statistics vary but it is generally agreed that Katrina killed about 1000 people. And the Bush administration was pilloried for being unprepared for this natural disaster. Already H1N1 has killed 1000 people--mostly young--and the Obama administration "dithers" (to use Cheney's word) while the supply of the vaccine is woefully deficient. If this continues there are going to be a lot of parents wanting to know why the Obama administration didn't do more to prevent the death of their child. I don't think it is too early to convene a congressional investigation to get some

You are aware that the "regular" flu kills more than 40,000 Americans per year, right? I guess I don't see the need to get your panties in a knot about this H1N1 flu, as t doesn't appear as virulent as anticipated. (My kids had it last week). Also, no, I don't believe this would be considered Obama's "Katrina", duh.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:54 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
[quote=skyegirl;11342287]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post

You are aware that the "regular" flu kills more than 40,000 Americans per year, right? I guess I don't see the need to get your panties in a knot about this H1N1 flu, as t doesn't appear as virulent as anticipated. (My kids had it last week). Also, no, I don't believe this would be considered Obama's "Katrina", duh.

Good old hussein obama is trying and trying to hype this man-made flu, with it's untested vaccines that he will not give to his own children, in order to distract people from his diseaser of a health care bill.

Only the fools and the uninformed will fall prey to his hype and lies.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:14 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,594 times
No, the continuing massive unemployment rates, spiraling home values and general disentigration of the American Way of Life due to a severe lack of fiscal acumen with be B. Hussein Obama's Katrina.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:20 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Good old hussein obama is trying and trying to hype this man-made flu, with it's untested vaccines that he will not give to his own children, in order to distract people from his diseaser of a health care bill.

Only the fools and the uninformed will fall prey to his hype and lies.
Link to a reliable source for the allegation that his daughters have not been vaccinated in the past few days since the vaccine was made available to people in his daughters' risk group. I can find blogs from Oct. 8 making that claim, but the vaccine has only become available for people in the daughters risk group in the past few days, if that.

If they had jumped the line and gotten the vaccine for his daughters before it was made available to all children, your ilk would have jumped all over them for that because you people will damn the Obamas no matter what they do.

Oh, and "man-made flu" -- nut talk.....but that's no surprise.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:23 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post

Oh, and "man-made flu" -- nut talk.....but that's no surprise.
You know, I work w/someone who leans towards liberal, but she alluded the other day to this flu being gov. made, conspiracy, yada yada. I was like "whaaaaaaat????"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies