Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 08:19 PM

277 posts, read 368,619 times

Advertisements

I find this so amusing. White people are actually scared for the first time in American history. Never seen so many whites so paranoid in my life! Never thought I'd see the day.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
I find this so amusing. White people are actually scared for the first time in American history. Never seen so many whites so paranoid in my life! Never thought I'd see the day.
I know what you're saying. There have been major shifts in populations before, and they all lived to tell the tale.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Me, neither! Nor so many bizarre conspiracy theories. People can't remain at fever pitch indefinitely...eventually real life will seep back in and people will go about their lives. Someday many of them will look back and cringe at how ridiculously they behaved.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Just what are Whites scared of Johnny.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Just what are Whites scared of Johnny.
Can't speak for John, but this white is scared of people so blinded by their own fears that they'd rather destroy America than see her progress. Of course, as a country woman, I'm wicked good with a rifle.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I can't believe people are defending what Europeans did to the Native Americans as if it's just "Darwinism" at work. It was bigotry and active destruction of a very ancient group of cultures, many of which were far more advanced than their destroyers in many realms.

Obviously there will come a time when we live in a globally governed society - the boundaries between nations will disintegrate and it will be the end of war and division. Over time - perhaps thousands of years - the differentiaton of races will fade.

Learn how to quote text - either hit the "quote" button at the bottom right or type [ quote] in front and then [ /quote] behind. Take out the spaces.
You need to read more history of the world. Man is not going to change;just the weapons.Groups so different because of space are not going to get along anymore than they have in the past.Man really hasn't changed that much from tribes .

Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Can't speak for John, but this white is scared of people so blinded by their own fears that they'd rather destroy America than see her progress. Of course, as a country woman, I'm wicked good with a rifle.
I just figure that black people, hispanic people, asian people, etc. have all managed to survive while they were the minority. Surely I, as a white person, should be just as capable of surviving as a minority too. Why would it be any harder for me than it has been for them. And a lot of these folks seem to feel that all these other races have been treated just fine here so what are they worried about? Don't they think that they have what it takes?

Old 11-05-2009, 12:02 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I just figure that black people, hispanic people, asian people, etc. have all managed to survive while they were the minority. Surely I, as a white person, should be just as capable of surviving as a minority too. Why would it be any harder for me than it has been for them. And a lot of these folks seem to feel that all these other races have been treated just fine here so what are they worried about? Don't they think that they have what it takes?
Exactly. If/when White people become the minority in 2040 (I accept the OP's year at face value), it will be just another day. The year 2040 is about 30 years from now and I expect race relations to be further improved beyond today's race relations. Think back to the Civil Rights Movement of the 60's and the results 50 years later and observe that most people are not itching for revenge or a mass beat down one race or another. In 30 years I would like to believe that people will look back at race relations circa 2009 and ponder, the same way we do now when we look back on race relations of the first half or so of the 20th century, with the question: "What were they thinking?"

Old 11-05-2009, 04:11 AM

9 posts, read 7,908 times
Default Doesn't matter if your black or white

It doesn't really seem to matter what colour people are, people are people. The Europeans beat the crap out of one and other forever and a day and the African countries have done the same to each other. I think it's power and greed that are the real enemies, the rest is just smoke and mirrors.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:38 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
I'm not a racist but...............................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies