Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You are NOT pro life if you sincerely believe this.

I HOPE that this was a sarcastic response. I really hope so.

Are you a woman? It will be even worse if you are not.

Shame on you. Shame on you. I am pretty sure you are a male.

Exactly.

Abortion is never going to go away no matter how much prolifers cry about it.

Heck, I live only 40 minutes from Canada. If I or a friend needed on, we can go to the Windsor hospital one city away.

Same with other Americans who need/want an abortion.

A perfect example of hypocrites.

People act like only liberals have abortions. As if. Conservatives are all against abortion until they need one. They get one and then still try to outlaw it.

Disgusting.
reversing Roe versus wade would not outlaw abortion. It would just return it to a state issue which is what it should have been from the start
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:39 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,121 times
Eastwest, I concede that this study has shown a reduction in teen pregnancy as a result of sex education, but I can't say that I trust the study result because it flies so in the face of my personal experience working in an abortion and family planning clinic for two years. Maybe I just worked with the really super dumb-dumb who were unteachable (poor minorities in the south).

But even if the impact overall, taking into account all communities involved, showed a reduction in teen pregnancy, I am STILL extremely uncomfortable with making teenage sex normative when it is not. Even subtracting out religious arguments, and thinking purely psychologically or physiologically -- teens cannot handle sexuality in a healthy way, and hormonal contraception is physiologically detrimental.

I remain adamantly opposed to the wholesale teaching that teen sex or sex without mutual commitment is "just part of life."

What can I do or what can people do? I would like to see a trend toward reducing the rampant sex-for-sale in all facets of our media. I would like to see the concepts of privacy and responsibility brought back to sexuality. I would like to see the return of shame over pregnancy, abortion, and getting an STD. The single most important thing I can do is live my life according to my values and try to teach by example. Until more segments of thinking society hit rock bottom (cause the non thinkers hit rock bottom long ago and they are incapable of learning by watching) and start asking "what's wrong with this picture? what's wrong with the way we've been doing things?" nothing will change. I see things changing on an individual basis in lives of people I know -- people who have utterly failed their teenagers and finally have the humility to take a peek into the lives and practices of more conservative families and begin taking notes in an attempt to save their younger children.

Last edited by chattypatty; 11-03-2009 at 12:59 PM..

Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You want stronger and healthier families and moral values while you favor a genocide of 49 million.
You see it in those terms because you are either unable or unwilling to argue on a complex level.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
You see it in those terms because you are either unable or unwilling to argue on a complex level.
You claim to want a stronger family and better moral values should start at preserving life. What greater moral value is there than life.
Life is not complex either you are alive or dead. Not very complex to me

Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times
Quote:
reversing Roe versus wade would not outlaw abortion. It would just return it to a state issue which is what it should have been from the start
No offense but I don't find anything you say to be justified.

You want women who had abortions to be on death row?

I don't care about states rights at the moment. I am just APPALLED and surprised that a MAN thinks WOMEN should be put on death row for abortions.

Disgusting.

If you really think that, then you are a hypocrite. You are not pro life. Not at all.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
You claim to want a stronger family and better moral values should start at preserving life. What greater moral value is there than life.
Exactly. What better moral is there but to award death penalty to women, huh?

That is real family values. Especially if the woman is married and has children. Kill her anyways.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I know it's not very complex to you -- that is the whole problem. Those who have brainwashed you with their emotional propaganda have done you a disservice in that you are now unable to consider the complexities involved in two "lives" sharing one body.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No offense but I don't find anything you say to be justified.

You want women who had abortions to be on death row?

I don't care about states rights at the moment. I am just APPALLED and surprised that a MAN thinks WOMEN should be put on death row for abortions.

Disgusting.

If you really think that, then you are a hypocrite. You are not pro life. Not at all.
Please quote anywhere where I stated a woman should be on death row. So do not lie about what i said. I never said that and you lien does not make it so.
Roe versus wade was about a states right to decide.
Disgusting that you completely lie about what i said

Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Please quote anywhere where I stated a woman should be on death row. So do not lie about what i said. I never said that and you lien does not make it so.
Roe versus wade was about a states right to decide.
Disgusting that you completely lie about what i said
Except I did not lie.

//www.city-data.com/forum/11451079-post4.html

You posting the thumbs up sign to that post that said to award death penalty for abortion obviously implies YOU AGREE and want it.

Disgusting.

Only two people before you on this forum have been able to disgust me to the core. I have to admit I had respect for you. You were passionate about your stand on abortion and I liked it a lot. But what you said there was disgusting.

I know that GOPATTA2D said it but I don't ever expect anything good from that user. I did from you though. I liked your posts despite being pro choice.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I know it's not very complex to you -- that is the whole problem. Those who have brainwashed you with their emotional propaganda have done you a disservice in that you are now unable to consider the complexities involved in two "lives" sharing one body.
You make it more complex than it ever needed to be.
Life is life, death is death. You want to see that as complex.
That is of course your right. You have been brains washed to believe that their cold blooded propagandas in pursuit of death is complex.
Life and death are not complex they are absolutes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies