Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Well let's just take one piece of John Fund's column. How do you explain, "in the 2005, when the city's voters voted for both governor and mayor on the same day, only 200 absentee ballots were cast. This year, some 3,700 have already been received."

I guess the absentee ballots found in the car trunk like in the Al Franken election in Minnesota can't be repeated in NJ.

John Fund, by the way, the author of this weekly column in the Wall Street Journal, has a paperback book called "Stealing Elections: How Voter Fraud Threatens Our Democracy." It was published in July 2008. So you might say he's somewhat of an expert on voter fraud tactics.
I'm not sure what that proves, other than that absentee voting is increasing. Minnesota is one of the least crooked states in the country. Don't be such a sore loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That only applies to those who have a Michigan driver's license/state ID.

Again, from the Michigan Secretary of State...
SOS - Secretary of State mobile office to assist college students

More info:

State of Michigan Department of Civil Rights:
http://www.aiwami.org/live/www/Students.pdf (broken link)

Think about it... Michigan isn't going to screw around and openly defy a standing U.S. Supreme Court decision.

To register, you are stating that you are a resident, which requires you to get a michigan d/l. So you might be able to do it the first time (which you would have to do at a polling office or drop the ballot off to the county clerk - you can not mail it in) just slipping in under the dead lines, but you couldn't do it in a primary and a general election, as your no longer a out of state resident.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The article didn't have any proof either.

The only reference was

" Peter Colavito, Acorn's former political director in New York and a board member of the Working Families Party, is now the political director of SEIU Local 32BJ"

thats it. so could it be true. maybe. but is it true. nope just opinion at this point. no proof.
Could all that is said in this article be possible? I certainly think so and some of the accusations have been proven already. I guess you don't know about the connections between ACORN and SEIU, though do you?

Big Government » Blog Archive » Will Corzine Allies Steal the Election in New Jersey? ACORN, Dirty Tricks and Absentee Ballot Fraud

Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Can you smell Acorn from your desk?

Chris Christie's Next Case: Who Stole My Election? - WSJ.com

If one single Acorn person who does not live in those states is found around those areas they need to be arrested.

They are under investigation for many fraud and should not be allowed to even be near these areas.

While they are being investigated they have no right to being in either state working the scams.
They are there to obtain as many absentee ballots as they can. I heard today that they had more absentee ballots turned in in New Jersey yesterday than they had in total in 2006. What could this possibly mean with all those ACORNS falling in from other states? It means that ACORN, SEIU and the Workingman's Party are hard at it. I fear that New Jersey may well get what they deserve for letting those people come in.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:50 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
To register, you are stating that you are a resident, which requires you to get a michigan d/l. So you might be able to do it the first time (which you would have to do at a polling office or drop the ballot off to the county clerk - you can not mail it in) just slipping in under the dead lines, but you couldn't do it in a primary and a general election, as your no longer a out of state resident.
I've quoted both the Michigan Secretary of State and the Michigan Deprtment of Civil Rights, with links to the documents.

Perhaps you should seek guidance from those Michigan government offices to correct your misconceptions.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
LOL. And you love your country and your Constitution HOW MUCH???
I would say that I love that Constitution a whole lot more than lefties that always want to use it for their agenda and p*ss on it when it doesn't serve their agenda.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They are there to obtain as many absentee ballots as they can. I heard today that they had more absentee ballots turned in in New Jersey yesterday than they had in total in 2006. What could this possibly mean with all those ACORNS falling in from other states? It means that ACORN, SEIU and the Workingman's Party are hard at it. I fear that New Jersey may well get what they deserve for letting those people come in.
They're not getting the ballots w/o some collusion from the NJ elections officials. You have to be registered to vote to get an absentee ballot in this state, and fill out a form with name, address, sig, etc.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
On several campuses, students voted twice in the 2008 Presidential election - early or absentee ballot in their home state, and then again in their college state. Some even brag about it... they think nothing of it - the ends justified the means as far as they're concerned. The Gap (clothing store) even had a button campaign for this.
Fausta’s Blog » Blog Archive » The Gap: “Vote twice”?

News coverage on the issue of voting twice:
Video (http://www.wsbtv.com/video/17878347/index.html - broken link)
If that video isn't scary, I don't know what could be. Just think ACORN community organizers all over the state of New Jersey with things like this going on.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
More than the say-so of some fulminating right-wing propagandist would be nice. The right-wing anti-ACORN campaign is a house of cards.

Cheating? If minorities and low- and moderate-income communities had voted in 2006 at the same rate as more well-to-do whites did, there would have been 7.5 million more ballots cast. That is what the anti-ACORN campaign is all about -- keeping those millions of votes from ever being cast and counted. The right-wing is not about fair elections at all...it is about vote-suppression.

I love the REAL America, thank you...not the REPUBLICAN America.
The REAL America? Are we living in it today? If so Beck was right about the US not being recognizable by this Christmas. It is about there without the law they are getting ready to jam down our throats.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
A advertising gimmick is election fraud?

Most states do not allow non-resident students to vote locally (i know many students were disappointed here, that they couldnt register in their college community in their home state, since their D/L said they lived elsewhere.)

Lets see, students from Flordia & Ohio, going to school in Georgia...............sounds more like GOPers to me, how bout you.......
Twist, turn, and spin words till they mean what you want them to mean. It ain't funny McGee but it does seem to be the way libs operate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies