Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:35 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in the south but am orginally from the north, does that make me a southerner?

Old 05-12-2007, 12:31 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I was born in what is considered to be the "Deep South" and was partly raised in Florida. Am I a southerner? I can still throw on a vicious southern accent!

I used to love the South much better than I do now. Now I see the South as being small-minded and provencial. In a lot of areas, the South is downright ignorant. I attribute a lot of this to the right-wing media that seems to exist in the South. Salaries have been kept artifically low in the South too, which means they were the last to sign on to the internet, etc. There is a lot of poverty in the South that no one seems to address.

Never fear though! I understand Angelina Jolie will adopt her next orphan from the South!

Old 05-12-2007, 02:04 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
to debate, discuss and share your Love of the South(US), NO trolls or others thanks.
I'm from Alaska...and I'm still here...'bout as far north as one can get. I married a gal from Jacksonville, Florida...(if that ain't south, what is?) about as far away as one can get, and still be in the same country. Guess what? We get along just fine! (surprise...surprise...!!!)
I don't give a rat's "hiney" where you are from...it is your character and personality I look at!!! Where you are "from" does not matter...

Both the South and North are God's creation (as well as East and West)....I say learn to love them all!

Bud

Old 05-12-2007, 05:27 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,907 times
thanks Bud, but we are talking here about positive things not attacking teh South or attacking the NOrth, just building up where we love

Old 05-12-2007, 05:33 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,907 times
Marks,

Brother, we would love you here, South Carolina is great(Greenville and Charleston and Beaufort and Aiken are awesome); Eastern Tennessee(Nashville, Knoxville, Chattonooga area); Jackson Miss, Birmingham, Mobile Alabama, South GA--i love Savannah too, North Florida, Richmond Va and South VA, suburban Dallas, FtWorth, Abilene, Lubbuck, Sugarland Texas, Oklahoma

check out www.govpro.com/ArticleDraw.aspx (broken link)

Old 05-12-2007, 06:18 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times
I do think GOD love us all, no matter what part of the country or what shade of color we are, he loves us all, if he does exist, and if he is LOVE, then he will not throw you out of heaven if your not from the south, at least I hope not! LOL!

Old 05-12-2007, 06:28 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I am from southeast Kentucky. I love it here. I love waking up in the mountains every morning. I love the laid back friendly people here. I love it when people ask how you are and really want to know how you are. I love the people here who are not ashamed of the gospel. I wasn't born and raised here, but after 30 years I wouldn't trade it.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:06 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
Marks,

Brother, we would love you here, South Carolina is great(Greenville and Charleston and Beaufort and Aiken are awesome); Eastern Tennessee(Nashville, Knoxville, Chattonooga area); Jackson Miss, Birmingham, Mobile Alabama, South GA--i love Savannah too, North Florida, Richmond Va and South VA, suburban Dallas, FtWorth, Abilene, Lubbuck, Sugarland Texas, Oklahoma

check out www.govpro.com/ArticleDraw.aspx (broken link)
Wow! Thanks, Brother Jack. I lived in Texas for 8 years, then moved back to CA. I hate it here. We visited VA in 2000 was awesome, but never got down below the VA border with NC. We have been contemplating SC.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:32 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Some parts of the South are just beautiful. The area north of Chattanooga (sp?) comes to mind...

Old 05-12-2007, 12:19 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I am from southeast Kentucky. I love it here. I love waking up in the mountains every morning. I love the laid back friendly people here. I love it when people ask how you are and really want to know how you are. I love the people here who are not ashamed of the gospel. I wasn't born and raised here, but after 30 years I wouldn't trade it.
I, too, love the mountains of East TN/KY/NC....we spend time in the Smokies almost every year. You are blessed to wake up to that every morning! I love your posts Blue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies