Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Forgive me. I don't really follow world news or politics but I guess next time I have a question this will not be the forum I come to for answers.
You made some assertions of fact in your original post that many of us took issue with. You followed up those assine statements with a couple questions.

It's like walking into the room and saying you are all a bunch of pedophiles then asking the people if they like to prey on boys or girls. When the room starts yelling at you, you cry that you were only asking a simple question.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
The supposed "Fema camp" here in UT is the old WW2 camp at Topaz. rest easy folks, it's just sagebrush and a few crumbly foundations. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:24 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The supposed "Fema camp" here in UT is the old WW2 camp at Topaz. rest easy folks, it's just sagebrush and a few crumbly foundations. I've seen it with my own eyes.
Are they hiring, is there a Death Squad yet?

Old 11-06-2009, 02:25 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Good thinking, at this forum humiliation and venemous attacks are the only responses you will get from stubborn left and right wingnuts.
Re-read the OP. I found his initial statement of fact quite insulting.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
One of the many 'lists' of the camp locations - Location of FEMA Concentration Camps

I grew up in Arkansas just north of the Chicot/Drew County camp in Jerome. Growing up, there was a historical marker noting that it was a Japanese interment camp. But the "camp" actually constists of a storage building and a shed large enough to cover a few tractors. Other than that it is farm land. As of last year when I drove by, it had not changed.

I have driven by the Desha (they spelled it wrong) County "camp" as well but it has been a little over 20 years ago. Again, it was a working cotton farm. If it had become a working concentration camp, I know of a lot of good ol' boys who would put an end to it really fast.
I go to Ft Huachuca daily, you can forget it. Although I did leave my resume for the Death Panel.

I'd watch poking around these places. That one old lady was arrested poking around an Air Force Base looking for the FEMA Camp with an AR-15

Old 11-06-2009, 02:31 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Prior thread on this very topic:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...locations.html

Old 11-06-2009, 02:56 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Are they hiring, is there a Death Squad yet?

sorry, check with Blackwater. I hear they are always looking to hire sadistic murderers...

Old 11-06-2009, 05:17 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This whole issue of 'internment and relocation camps' begs a LOT of questions. Mostly logistical and strategic ones. Just WHO is going to do all this rounding up and herding of people, WHY , in the Hell would any president take that kind of ludicrous plan to heart, WHEN, would this 'plan be implemented, and finally WHAT would it gain any administration to try this? It would, indeed, be the trigger of a shooting war as there would be no possible way to cover something like this up. I'm not buying the whole FEMA goose stepping to my door and carting my family and I off to neverland. They would need the unconditional backing of the WHOLE US military to do this on the scale people are freaking about, and that's not going to happen.Not without a disaster that stretches across the whole country at once, and would read like something from that Stephen King Book, The Stand. If this type of bio disaster happened, LMAO< it wouldn't matter a whit anyway what they did. Most of us would be past caring anyway.
You hit the nail on the head right there. Most of the "shadow government with evil plots" conspiracy theories come from books published about 30 years ago. Ever read Robert Ludlum? He was before Stephen King but just straight up evil-government-assassins-and-spies, without the horror. This generation only knows his The Bourne Identity, and that through movies, not books, but it appears the plot lines have somehow gotten into the thought processes of this generation.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Prior thread on this very topic:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...locations.html
I've seen this discussion on other forums. It's a popular belief.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You made some assertions of fact in your original post that many of us took issue with. You followed up those assine statements with a couple questions.

It's like walking into the room and saying you are all a bunch of pedophiles then asking the people if they like to prey on boys or girls. When the room starts yelling at you, you cry that you were only asking a simple question.

Good comparison. I wish I'd said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies