Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:34 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
No they don't, and putting ones genitalia in odd places does not make one a "minority." Whats next foot fetish Americans?
are you talking about gays are are you just talking about folks that enjoy sex other than vaginal, which include heterosexuals? or are you just so focused on the placement of genitalia that you can't see the bigger picture here, which goes beyond physical sex. people who are against gays are way too focused on the psychical act of sex and don't look at the love aspect. they don't look at a loving married gay couple and see them as a loving gay couple, they just picture them putting genitalia in "odd places". we don't need this sort of narrow mindedness influencing the lives of these people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 01:37 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
thats one of the purposes they serve. the court system, state or federal, was the body that made sure to grant equal rights to people who faced discrimination. they did so because the people never would have. what history do you know?

oh and last i checked "fetish americans" didnt exist. and if they do, i dont think they are being killed or beaten for being such. if so please provide me some reliable sources of such.

your arguments are very very weak.

good try sister, but come stronger next time.

Quote:
No they don't, and putting ones genitalia in odd places does not make one a "minority." Whats next foot fetish Americans?

Old 11-04-2009, 01:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Sonrise probably has a toenail fungus fetish. She is just displacing her 'internal conflict' onto us. Typical immaturity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
By definition, I think it does. Anyone who is not in the majority is part of the minority. Simple English.

Or is your point that heterosexuals are psychologically normal and non-heterosexuals are not?

Old 11-04-2009, 01:45 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
By definition, I think it does. Anyone who is not in the majority is part of the minority. Simple English.

Or is your point that heterosexuals are psychologically normal and non-heterosexuals are not?
I'm a lefty should I be considered a minority? You're a white dude in Socal, clearly a minority, should you be eligible for minority loans?

Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
are you talking about gays are are you just talking about folks that enjoy sex other than vaginal, which include heterosexuals? or are you just so focused on the placement of genitalia that you can't see the bigger picture here, which goes beyond physical sex. people who are against gays are way too focused on the psychical act of sex and don't look at the love aspect. they don't look at a loving married gay couple and see them as a loving gay couple, they just picture them putting genitalia in "odd places". we don't need this sort of narrow mindedness influencing the lives of these people
Your bias leaked out. I'm not against gays at all. I don't even know what that means or how one would enact their "againstness."

Old 11-04-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thats one of the purposes they serve. the court system, state or federal, was the body that made sure to grant equal rights to people who faced discrimination. they did so because the people never would have. what history do you know?

oh and last i checked "fetish americans" didnt exist. and if they do, i dont think they are being killed or beaten for being such. if so please provide me some reliable sources of such.

your arguments are very very weak.

good try sister, but come stronger next time.
If one defines themselves simply by what they do with and where they put their genitalia then of course Foot Fetish Americans exist, as do Missionary Position Americans, Bondage Americans, etc.

Homosexuals are no different than any other American.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
I'm a lefty should I be considered a minority?
Technically, yes, you are a minority - or at least you are "in the minority".

I know we're arguing semantics here. You're talking about legal terminology; I'm just talking about the straight (no pun intended) definition of the word.

Quote:
You're a white dude in Socal, clearly a minority, should you be eligible for minority loans?
I didn't know there was such a thing as "minority loans". If a private company wants to set up a loan program like that, however, I have no problem with it. I would have a problem with the government doing it.

I'm against affirmative action, by the way.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
I wonder how the people would have voted on slavery and integration of the schools..

Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
is that what it comes down to?

you really have a fascination with genitalia...

homosexuals are a group that has existed since time immemorial and a group that has constantly been discriminated against.
now they are becoming a protected group... like women, people with disabilites, religious groups, blacks, browns. weve written that into law. gays should not be discriminated against based on who they love.

how hard is that to understand?

oh and last i checked "bondage americans" werent being beaten or killed for being such.

Quote:
If one defines themselves simply by what they do with and where they put their genitalia then of course Foot Fetish Americans exist, as do Missionary Position Americans, Bondage Americans, etc.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
That's a nice sentiment, but in order to fully believe that, you'd have to also believe that homosexuality is just as accepted by society as heterosexuality. Opinion polls show clearly that it's not. Only about half of Americans say that homosexuality is "morally unacceptable".

Americans Evenly Divided on Morality of Homosexuality

How many people would say that heterosexuality is "morally unacceptable"? Almost no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies