Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:40 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,795,824 times

Advertisements

One minute you have SOME Republicans espousing we need a "free market" and then you have some of them claiming Obama isn't doing enough to stop the tide of unemployment.

If you like the free market, there is nothing wrong with the unemployment rate, it's simply the way things are right now.

So, Repubs, should Obama and Congress try to do something to lower the unemployment rate or should we just let the "free market" take care of things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
One minute you have SOME Republicans espousing we need a "free market" and then you have some of them claiming Obama isn't doing enough to stop the tide of unemployment.

If you like the free market, there is nothing wrong with the unemployment rate, it's simply the way things are right now.

So, Repubs, should Obama and Congress try to do something to lower the unemployment rate or should we just let the "free market" take care of things?
Maybe its because the government creates burdensome regulations and the second highest corporate tax on the planet, that all stifle job creation.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:44 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,795,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe its because the government creates burdensome regulations and the second highest corporate tax on the planet, that all stifle job creation.
You do realize many corporations don't pay the official corporate tax, don't you?

Old 11-06-2009, 08:53 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,745,493 times
To let the "free market" take care of it would mean that the government would have to allow a free market to exist. It's not going to happen. We would have to abolish most of our immoral preferential law currently in place.

They could start by eliminating the Federal Reserve which controls and finances the entire government/business collusion.

Return to a Constitutional currency which is not monopolized by a private counterfeiting syndicate so that the American people could be free from the indirect theft by the elite bankers.

They then could abolish the 16th Amendment.

Next, they would need to eliminate the fictional business entities that have special rights not afforded to all Americans.

Next, they could abolish all laws which are not related to items enumerated in Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution.

Until these "little" steps are taken there is no chance at a free market fixing anything whatsoever.

I won't hold my breathe...

Old 11-06-2009, 09:10 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You do realize many corporations don't pay the official corporate tax, don't you?
They pass it on to us, I know. But there are good things 0bama could do to spur investment and promote risk taking and job creation, but instead all we get are threats of increased taxes from 0bamaCare, carbon taxes, government mandated salary caps, and threats of more government meddling in the form of bailouts, all which have created a climate of economic uncertainty and market instability.

This administration has been acting like a chicken with its head cut off, so many people are sitting on their hands, and refusing to take risks.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:23 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,433,233 times
Um, we're not complaining that he's not doing enough to stop unemployment. We're complaining that everything he does makes it worse. The market can take care of itself. The government needs to stay out completely.

I get the feeling you'd be incredibly happy if the government would just take over everything, make every single job a federal one and hold your hand all the way through life.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

actually the 4th lowest collected tax rate in the world please stop throwing misinformation around.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:28 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Um, we're not complaining that he's not doing enough to stop unemployment. We're complaining that everything he does makes it worse. The market can take care of itself. The government needs to stay out completely.

I get the feeling you'd be incredibly happy if the government would just take over everything, make every single job a federal one and hold your hand all the way through life.
I'm thankful we didn't have to go through the mccain depression.

I would love to see you try and justify this statement:
Quote:
We're complaining that everything he does makes it worse. The market can take care of itself.
The all-powerful market is what has been shedding jobs.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post

your right stay out......send all our jobs to china, stop labor unions and let america fall on its ass because of huge corporate greed.

I will pose the question again. If you hate government I assume when your house burns down you wont call the fire dept, when a burglar comes to your house you wont call police, you will only use private school systems, you will maintain your own road system???? will you?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:30 PM

the ignorance astounds me. 8 years of bush letting corps do as they please and now it all obamas fault. Its big business that is ruining the country, wake up.

"if ignorance is bliss why aren't more people happy"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies