Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 05:10 PM

82 posts, read 139,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDolan View Post
stevemorse,

Don't worry, After reading your post on Edison Police officers pay- No One can help you except a shrink. Its people like you that politicians love. You vote based on what your neighbor Mr. Smith said, or what you heard on the radio. When you combine that with a 12th grade education, its a lethal combination.

P.S. Bush wasted Trillions, not billions, Trillions of American taxpayers money on building some arab country. His favorite friends, called Bush rangers, wealthty CEO's of Ameriquest Mortgage & New Century Mortgage were the culprits of the Subprime collapse that ruined our economy. Bush appointee, Republican SEC Chairman Cox took out ALL the regulation that could have stopped all this.

And you are worried about Police officers making over $100K ???? Wow ! Unbelievable
The subprime mortgage mess has its roots in the Jimmy (aka Dhimmi) Carter administration. Do you not recall the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977? And the situation's gone downhill from there, through many machinations, too complicated and copious to list and explicate on a bulletin board about living in New Jersey.

I'd like to see your links to your claim that SEC Chairman Cox "took out ALL the regulation that could have stopped this," as you so eloquently state. And I'm such an idiot that you'll have to explain to me what the Securities and Exchange Commission has to do with bank-mortgage lenders. Here's a link to the SEC's "What We Do" section. Perhaps you can summarize it and report back: How the SEC Protects Investors, Maintains Market Integrity, and Facilitates Capital Formation (Securities and Exchange Commission).

The CRA of 1977 has led to the gross mismanagement of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mack, to the extreme enrichment of its former chairman and Obama buddy, Franklin Raines, and members of the House Financial Services Committe. Not to mention that the bill (CRA) effectively enabled ACORN to legally extort mortgage lenders, wrongfully decrying racism when a loan was denied solely on the basis of a buyer's inability to pay. They harassed the lenders even at their own homes, bullying them into granting UNSOUND mortgages.

This practice has been rampant for years and finally has to come to a head. And if you've ever been physically and verbally harassed by ACORN thugs, as I have, at my Dem caucus in Nevada (which is where I lived and voted in 2008), you'll know the damage they can do.

Now when the Republicans in the House wanted stronger oversight vis-a-vis Fannie and Freddie--in 2004, in time to preempt the current crisis--House Dems (my party of 35 years!) prevented them. One congressman likened it to a "lynching" (RAAAAAAAAACISM!!!) of Franklin Raines. All these same congresspeople were protecting their cash cow--Fannie-Freddie--at our expense. Watch and learn:
YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis.

Personally, if I want to discuss politics in a bipartisan fashion and with people who are much more informed than those here who seek to inflame with disinformation, I'll do so at online sites that focus on the topic, not one meant to evince life in New Jersey.

But it's hard to watch anyone, Left or Right, spew their gobbledygook with impunity. You can search for the truth, or you can blindly toe the party line and spout specious talking points.

As I originally responded to you, POLLY WANT A CRACKER?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 06:01 PM

341 posts, read 680,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
your not brainwashing me, Im voting republican! You know what Rich people pay a ton in taxes too!! Please, stop with this nonsense. We just got done paying a huge Estate Tax to the state of NJ for my Mom's death. Now guess what, when I go and take that trust money out I have to pay another HUGE tax called the inheritance tax. And that money was taxed all along. This is such hogwash that the rich dont pay any taxes. They pay huge taxes. Wait one day when you get rich you will see how much. We just paid the state of NJ 360K in Estate tax, cant wait for the inheritance next. Come on this is not true that the rich dont pay taxes. Its all sour grapes. I hate to tell you if we did not have those bad mean cheating rich people pay those taxes I wonder where we would be in this country. Stop bashing the rich. Plus alot of the rich busted their damn as@ getting that rich. I am so tired of this crap!

There is a state tax, and a federal. So add the two together and its alot on those greedy rich people. You know HOW MUCH WOULD MAKE you HAPPY 90 percent taxes on rich. Well then guess what, why take a chance and invest at all!!! Please think about what your saying. If you keep taxing the rich we wont invest, why should we take any chances then and invest in this market/ country. Us rich people fund alot of this crap and help more out than a damn poor person. We invest, spend and create business and jobs. A poor person does none of that!!
I absolutely cannot believe what I have just read. Although some sort of social stratification appears to take place in all societies, something else needs to be emphasized here. Stratification may be inevitable, the detrimental and dehumanizing effects of distinguishing people in terms of wealth is almost entirely a product of the particular culture of a society or group and the values and practices of its members. To use power gained from wealth to unfairly dominate another human being or group and to advocate for methods that keep that person from succeeding is not what the power of a particular social position is intended for. And the fact that one claims that position through no achievement of their own, is a misuse of the prerogative, self-serving in the worst sense, and is purposefully destructive of other's lives. It really is a shame.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,859,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDolan View Post
The million dollar question is .......

Find me a Republican voter who does NOT have a either a brother, sister, father, mother, grandpa, grandma, great grandpa, great grandma, cousin, son, daughter, girlfriend or boyfriend who ....

has in the past, in the present, OR in the future not been directly a Beneficiary of

FHA, Medicare, College Financial Aid, Social Security Income, Unemployment Insurance, FDIC bank insured deposit, etc.....

That is the Million dollar question here. NADA ! NONE !!!
the funny part is that you think this is some kind of genius point. we are forced to pay into these programs, what are we supposed to opt out when we have a chance to get back some of our money? we pay our entire working lives for medicare and we still have to buy a supplemental insurance plan plus the program is going bankrupt. we pay social security for our working lives and we are lucky to get back a fraction of our investment value.

the communists create these programs where they take your money and then expect you to be grateful when they give you a portion of it back.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,291,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Cfan View Post
The subprime mortgage mess has its roots in the Jimmy (aka Dhimmi) Carter administration. Do you not recall the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977?
Then why did it take so long to blow up ? Perhaps it's because in fact it had very little to do with that.

Subprime loans were originated by private banks and for the most part offloaded to private investment banks. It's true that the GSEs owned some subprime, but no-one was forcing major banks to trade these "super senior" securities which were in fact junk.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,291,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
I absolutely cannot believe what I have just read. Although some sort of social stratification appears to take place in all societies, something else needs to be emphasized here. Stratification may be inevitable, the detrimental and dehumanizing effects of distinguishing people in terms of wealth is almost entirely a product of the particular culture of a society or group and the values and practices of its members. To use power gained from wealth to unfairly dominate another human being or group and to advocate for methods that keep that person from succeeding is not what the power of a particular social position is intended for. And the fact that one claims that position through no achievement of their own, is a misuse of the prerogative, self-serving in the worst sense, and is purposefully destructive of other's lives. It really is a shame.
Ironically, the main driving force behind such "stratification" today is education policy, the most regressive aspects of which are championed by the Democrat party. The true champions of this stratification are those who oppose school choice and would prefer to impose substandard education on poor families.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 PM

72 posts, read 108,468 times
When I read this whole thread, it makes me realize why the once mighty party of Ronald Reagan has lost Two Consecutive national landslide defeats in 06 & 08. In only the 2nd time in the last 100 years has a political party in the U.S. lose back to back national elections in landslide fashion.

We have a bunch of right wing joe the plumbers right here in our own backyard of NJ.

If you read the threads of this handful of characters & just came out of a cave after 8 years of living a hermit, you would think that the last 8 years under George W. Bush was a period of prosperity, wealth, abundance, fiscal discipline & peace.

God, to find Joe the plumber in Ohio. yes. In the south, yes. But to have a bunch of you here in a more educated setting like New Jersey is unbelievable.

Boys & Girls- the man you idolize, the man your worship just lead this nation to near economic devastation, two costly & very unpopular wars, our nation being attacked under his watch,( & his party's Governor, his party's Mayor,) the worse handling of a natural disaster in US history.

Left office with the Highest Deficit in US History, the highest Deficit increase in US History, the worst lost of job under his term of any republican or democrat since the great depression.

And yes, the Most unpopular US President in history since the invention of polling ( yes, even worse than Nixon) according to Gallup, ABC, Fox, CNN-USA today, Rasm

Due to his failed Presidency, transformed his party into Regional party of Republicans with 98% white followers composed of predominantly white males with high school diplomas.

And these NJ version of Joe & Jane the plumber characters make it sound like we had a wonderful 8 years.

NJ,NY,CA,OH,IN,MI,FL- All 50 states & millions of americans are hurting big-time after 8 years of Bush- and you guys have nothing to say but I love George. LOL

What the hell has happened to this 25% of my fellow white people. Its an entire underclass of less educated americans who are being used by a few powerful, wealthy individuals to carry water for them. This is why america is down. Instead of going to college, we have millions of these people with nothing to show in terms of education. How in the world can we compete with the India, China & now even Europe. Its a whole underclass of uneducated working class.

Can you imagine what these people teach their children ??? Geez !!!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:39 PM

18 posts, read 26,158 times
There both (Rep. & Dem.)trying to destroy you. If you don't realize it by now I just told you. They count on you bickering about this side that side bs. Time to wake up now...one...two..three....wake!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:44 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,645,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
What the hell has happened to this 25% of my fellow white people .... Can you imagine what these people teach their children ??? Geez !!!
LOL -- I don't think I hear many people posting about how great George Bush was; idol worship is the province of the Obama-cult.

"What happened to white people?" Perhaps they don't like the Democrats because they are a party that supports institutionalized racism against European-Americans. Quotas, affirmative action, race-based special treatment ... forget it.

As for what I teach my children -- I teach my children to respect everyone as in individual and to disrespect those whose aim it is to discriminate against them based on their skin color.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:00 PM

72 posts, read 108,468 times
Lusitan,

Did you teach your children how these dark skinned americans called Blacks did not get to vote for 400 years? Did you teach your children what you call "European Americans" did to black people in the south who attempted to vote???

Did you explain to your beloved children why & how Affirmative Action came about? Why the U.S. had to create programs like Affirmative action? Did you explain to your lovable children what " Institutional Racism is & how these devastated a group of people called Black americans from any rights?

Did you explain to your lovable kids what Latinos went thru in fields of California?

Did you explain to your children that their chinese & other asian classmates were once equated to "Dogs & Chinese not allowed" by your so called European americans?

next time before you lecture us about so called "reverse racism", make sure & explain the complete history of america.

I'm a proud white american. But just like millions of "informed white people", we know the ugly history of our people.

Did you explain to your child that these so called black people came to america by force & in chains?

So you vote Republicans because you want to protect white europeans? Well, so you are definitely part of the Joe the plumber family. No one can help an Ignorant person

Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,797,352 times
,"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.", - Alexis de Tocqueville (in "Democracy in America")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies