Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 09:27 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,311,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now do we kill him in retaliation thereby making him a martyr and receptor of the virgins or make him survive with his deed the rest of his life and then slap the death sentence on him after 25 years of prison? I wonder how many of the survivors of the dead in that massacre would volunteer to serve in the firing squad he deserves.
He got taken down by a woman. That's a start.

After he faces the world with whatever he has to say, he should be thrown into a pit with wild pigs. That will definitely blemish the "dignity" from his expiration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 10:14 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,218,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I believe was I the first one on this board to call it a terrorist act.

He is and was a domestic terrorist and this terrorist attack was the worst on American soil in our history. And it happened under Obamas watch.

Sad.

Follow his info and it directly leads to a terrorist act.

And he did kill 14 people, not 13. One of the ladies he killed was pregnant.

The man is a total terrorist murder who needs to be made an example of.
Hmmmm....you forgot about the 9/11 attacks so quickly?

Sweetie, I think your hatred for Obama is moving you toward being certifiable very soon.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:25 PM

795 posts, read 2,299,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Was Hasan's killing spree an act of terrorism? Of course it was.
Sorry, I left my politically correct, terrorism apologist, thinking cap at home today.
It was looooove all looooove. Looove them dead infidels.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,835,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wondered about that question for some days and finally saw a man say the whole thing different than the MSM and our government has been saying it.

If the man had strapped explosives on his body or stuffed his car with explosives and detonated them in places where he could kill 13 and wound all those he got would we call that terrorism? Certainly we would and in this case we have to call what he did terrorism. The only real difference is in the selection of the killing weapon. Hasan selected the hand gun probably because he didn't really want to go see his god with his 72 virgins.

Now do we kill him in retaliation thereby making him a martyr and receptor of the virgins or make him survive with his deed the rest of his life and then slap the death sentence on him after 25 years of prison? I wonder how many of the survivors of the dead in that massacre would volunteer to serve in the firing squad he deserves.

could you have come up with anything better to say that make sense with this instead of stereotypes? there are things we call terrorism but at the same time we when do it.its not

when we drop bombs over civilians mistakened for a terrorist gathering it isnt called terroris.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:53 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,221,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Then please explain away the reasons for the '93 CIA shootings, WTC1, the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, the Khobar Towers bombing, African Embassy bombings, and the Cole attack. Those were somehow Bush's fault too, I suppose.
Don't be stupid. I was clearly talking about the increase in the number of terrorist attacks that we experienced over the last 8 years. Please try to keep up with the conversation. Nobody but the strawman liberal in your head claimed that no terrorism occurred before then.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:17 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,715,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
could you have come up with anything better to say that make sense with this instead of stereotypes? there are things we call terrorism but at the same time we when do it.its not

when we drop bombs over civilians mistakened for a terrorist gathering it isnt called terroris.
He is charged with 13 counts of pre meditated murder, and could be charged with Treason too, since he is a member of the military. Charging him with terrorism would mean the case would be transfered to those Kangaroo Courts at GITMO that haven't really convicted anyone and are of questionable legality

Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Huh??? What more do you need? Are you in denial?

He was a Jihadist. He had been in contact with terrorists. He had made anti-Ameican statements to others, and had posted anti-American statements on the Internet.

He was a terroist.

We don't know if he was a terrorist, we don't know if he was a jihadist. When he opened fire, we don't know what he was thinking. And how he saw his actions is what determines if it is a terrorist act or not. Terrorism isn't about the action, it's about the motivation. We are looking for answers in this event, because that is what human beings do. When something tragic happens, when innocent people lose their lives, the survivors ask why? How did this happen? And we owe it to the people who died to get as close to the truth as possible. We owe it to them.

I'm not saying that he wasn't a terrorist. I'm saying I want to know for sure. I'm not saying that there aren't indications that he was a terrorist. I'm saying that those indications can be interpreted in a different way, and I want to be sure that we are reading the evidence honestly, because that's the only way to get at the truth. If he's a terrorist, I want to know. And if he was an angry man who in his rage decided to kill innocent people, I want to know.

It matters to me, because I think we owe it to the people who died to get at the truth of this matter so that we can prevent it happening again. And in order to prevent it, we have to know the truth of the why. We know the how. But when the people at Walter Reed said he recovered well from the deaths of his parents, were they wrong, did they overlook clues? He worked with medical and psychological professionals. Did no one have an inkling that he was capable of this? Or did this have nothing to do with Dr Hasan's psychological health, was this the act of a religious fanatic? How did that get missed, in his twenty years in the military? I don't know if this could have been prevented, I don't know what clues were missed, or when. I only know that I never, ever want this to happen again. And that means learning from this mistake. If we investigate Dr Hasan with our minds already made up, then why bother to investigate him at all? It's like when a woman disappears and the investigation focuses on the husband. Yes, the husband is very often exactly the one who needs to be investigated, but not always. Should we investigate Dr Hasan as a terrorist? Absolutely, but we need to be open to the possibility that he wasn't, because if we don't look at every possibility, every clue, we'll miss the truth of what happened with this man. And the truth is too important in this case.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:32 AM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We don't know if he was a terrorist, we don't know if he was a jihadist. When he opened fire, we don't know what he was thinking. And how he saw his actions is what determines if it is a terrorist act or not. Terrorism isn't about the action, it's about the motivation. We are looking for answers in this event, because that is what human beings do. When something tragic happens, when innocent people lose their lives, the survivors ask why? How did this happen? And we owe it to the people who died to get as close to the truth as possible. We owe it to them.

I'm not saying that he wasn't a terrorist. I'm saying I want to know for sure. I'm not saying that there aren't indications that he was a terrorist. I'm saying that those indications can be interpreted in a different way, and I want to be sure that we are reading the evidence honestly, because that's the only way to get at the truth. If he's a terrorist, I want to know. And if he was an angry man who in his rage decided to kill innocent people, I want to know.

It matters to me, because I think we owe it to the people who died to get at the truth of this matter so that we can prevent it happening again. And in order to prevent it, we have to know the truth of the why. We know the how. But when the people at Walter Reed said he recovered well from the deaths of his parents, were they wrong, did they overlook clues? He worked with medical and psychological professionals. Did no one have an inkling that he was capable of this? Or did this have nothing to do with Dr Hasan's psychological health, was this the act of a religious fanatic? How did that get missed, in his twenty years in the military? I don't know if this could have been prevented, I don't know what clues were missed, or when. I only know that I never, ever want this to happen again. And that means learning from this mistake. If we investigate Dr Hasan with our minds already made up, then why bother to investigate him at all? It's like when a woman disappears and the investigation focuses on the husband. Yes, the husband is very often exactly the one who needs to be investigated, but not always. Should we investigate Dr Hasan as a terrorist? Absolutely, but we need to be open to the possibility that he wasn't, because if we don't look at every possibility, every clue, we'll miss the truth of what happened with this man. And the truth is too important in this case.
In the end, we will discover that Hasan was deeply troubled, sick individual, just like all the other mentally il people who conduct suicide attacks while screaming ""Allāhu Akbar". What he did was an act of domestic terrorism, you can play around the margins and try and quantify it as something else all you like.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
In the end, we will discover that Hasan was deeply troubled, sick individual, just like all the other mentally il people who conduct suicide attacks while screaming ""Allāhu Akbar". What he did was an act of domestic terrorism, you can play around the margins and try and quantify it as something else all you like.
Maybe it was an act of domestic terrorism. I just want the truth. And that's not playing around the margins. It's going straight to the heart of the matter. It's not good enough to make up your mind before you know all the facts. I want to know all the facts I can, so that I can understand the truth of what happened here. I'm sorry that that seems unreasonable to you.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:21 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,979,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I agree...splitting hairs and trying to define it as something else is counter productive. Sure we could always say that we should wait until all of the facts come out. Technically, even what we will eventually accept as all of the facts and evidence, wont be actually be ALL of the facts. There will still be minutia that can be quibbled over into eternity. That logic can go on forever. Which is why the legal system places the burden of proof on the suspect to prove otherwise. This is the only case in my personal recent memory where the people who wish to prosecute the guy as a terrorist are expected to prove that he was a terrorist. Rather than the burden of proof being on this nutcase and his defenders to prove that he wasnt one. Which by all defensive evidence offered to this point, none has really disproved that he was a lone terrorist.

Obviously, in the future, forthcoming evidence might exonerate the guy of terrorist allegations; there is a chance, however slight it maybe, that forthcoming evidence could dispel the terrorist accusations. However, we can only logically assess the situation based on what we have been presented as the current facts for now. And for now the act was an act of terrorism, according to 60% of Americans.

Later on, evidence may emerge that reveals that Hasan was attempting to save an imperiled kitten, trapped under a soldier's boot. Who knows..but right now (up to this point) ...all that people have to go on is the evidence that has been uncovered thus far...holding out and stalling until some smidgen of evidence can displace the perception of this terrorist act is irrational IMO. Its tantamount to postponing the labeling of a murderer, due to the fact that all of the evidence has not been yet found. Yet, the evidence that HAS been found overwhelmingly indicates that the person who stands accused, is guilty of the crime.

Holding out hope that something will come along to disuade the majority of Americans that Hasan was a lone terrorist only delays the progress in actually addressing the issue of jihadists.

Last edited by solytaire; 11-13-2009 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies