Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

I wondered about that question for some days and finally saw a man say the whole thing different than the MSM and our government has been saying it.

If the man had strapped explosives on his body or stuffed his car with explosives and detonated them in places where he could kill 13 and wound all those he got would we call that terrorism? Certainly we would and in this case we have to call what he did terrorism. The only real difference is in the selection of the killing weapon. Hasan selected the hand gun probably because he didn't really want to go see his god with his 72 virgins.

Now do we kill him in retaliation thereby making him a martyr and receptor of the virgins or make him survive with his deed the rest of his life and then slap the death sentence on him after 25 years of prison? I wonder how many of the survivors of the dead in that massacre would volunteer to serve in the firing squad he deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 12:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wondered about that question for some days and finally saw a man say the whole thing different than the MSM and our government has been saying it.

If the man had strapped explosives on his body or stuffed his car with explosives and detonated them in places where he could kill 13 and wound all those he got would we call that terrorism? Certainly we would and in this case we have to call what he did terrorism. The only real difference is in the selection of the killing weapon. Hasan selected the hand gun probably because he didn't really want to go see his god with his 72 virgins.

Now do we kill him in retaliation thereby making him a martyr and receptor of the virgins or make him survive with his deed the rest of his life and then slap the death sentence on him after 25 years of prison? I wonder how many of the survivors of the dead in that massacre would volunteer to serve in the firing squad he deserves.
Using your reasoning, we would have to call Columbine terrorism as well.

I think we still don't have enough facts to make a determination of this as terrorism or not. It's possible that this was politically motivated, but possible as well that it wasn't politically motivated. We just don't know enough to determine that.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:39 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:

President Obama can not call it an act of terror because he would have to face in the first 9 months of his presidency he allowed a terrorist attack on our own soil.
But Bush had a terrorist attack in his firs t 9 months , he then did his job and protected the country from a terrorist attack on our soil.
If Obama admits its was a terrorist attack he would have to face hard choices

Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Was Hasan's killing spree an act of terrorism?
Of course it was.
Sorry, I left my politically correct, terrorism apologist, thinking cap at home today.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,346 times
Default i am kafir

Quote:
Was Hasan's killing spree an act of terrorism?
Let's all agree that it was inspired by a certain islamic fundalmentalist thinking and belief.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:49 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
So the killing of US soldiers and support personnel by an individual who has sided with the enemy is now terrorism?

The so called "terrorist" hit a military target and killed only military members and support staff.

So is it terrorism when when we kill enemy combatants in Afghanistan?

Right wingers want it both ways. They want to discount the man could have been mentally ill so they can brand him as working for the enemy.

Fine, then if he was working for the enemy then it's not "terrorism" .....It's war.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:56 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,879 times
Seriously, this thread get REPOSTED every time it leaves the front page. The title isnt any different. Why make a new thread for this?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Seriously, this thread get REPOSTED every time it leaves the front page. The title isnt any different. Why make a new thread for this?
I want to suggest to you that you read my words and not just the title. I think that not all other respondents read the post also, but you obviously didn't. You don't even write about the post, just the title.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
So the killing of US soldiers and support personnel by an individual who has sided with the enemy is now terrorism?

The so called "terrorist" hit a military target and killed only military members and support staff.

So is it terrorism when when we kill enemy combatants in Afghanistan?

Right wingers want it both ways. They want to discount the man could have been mentally ill so they can brand him as working for the enemy.

Fine, then if he was working for the enemy then it's not "terrorism" .....It's war.
Read my post and then post this pile of Pelosi. I know you failed because all you want to do is make Hasan the victim without even mentioning his choice of weapons to commit his act of terrorism with. It is the choice of weapons that I was talking about.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Using your reasoning, we would have to call Columbine terrorism as well.

I think we still don't have enough facts to make a determination of this as terrorism or not. It's possible that this was politically motivated, but possible as well that it wasn't politically motivated. We just don't know enough to determine that.
I thought I was comparing the use of a rapid firing gun with explosives but it seems that you didn't catch the point. We don't fail to call use of explosives to kill innocents terrorism but most people are trying to make using the method Hasan used something else. It is the choice of terror inducing weapon that I was talking about. His punishment for the 13 accused premeditated murders is secondary when talking about his choice of weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies