Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 AM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 9,808,621 times
Reputation: 1942

Advertisements

Obama has spent more money on new programs in nine months than Bill Clinton did in eight years, pushing the annual deficit to $1.4 trillion. This leaves little room for big spending initiatives.

After spending binge, White House says it will focus on deficits - Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2009, 09:56 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
1,878 posts, read 2,056,997 times
Reputation: 326
If you really pay attention to what this administration is doing, they are finding out what the people are concerned about and pretending that they care also. This is just for re-election purposes and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Near Manito
20,170 posts, read 24,228,162 times
Reputation: 15284
Well, one thing for sure: they won't have any troubloe focusing on deficits.

The ones they've created are like that really really big E on the eye charts used for visually-impaired folks.

Unbelievable, the burgeoning tone-deaf nature of this administration.

They're beginning to sound like Bush III.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 AM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 9,808,621 times
Reputation: 1942
I gotta actually see it to believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
25,826 posts, read 20,587,405 times
Reputation: 14813
Good news. Thanks for posting this.

Some wisdom, as usual, from Andrew Sullivan:

"The way in which cynical and amnesiac Republicans have tried to portray this as classic big government liberalism is a lie. You can debate the merits of each initiative, but this is obviously not an administration as fiscally reckless as the last one. Mercifully, they have a chance to show it in earnest next year. And to call the bluff of those Republicans yelling about spending while having absolutely no plans or ideas for cutting it."


Obama, Deficit Hawk - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 11:44 AM
 
238 posts, read 763,909 times
Reputation: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Obama has spent more money on new programs in nine months than Bill Clinton did in eight years, pushing the annual deficit to $1.4 trillion. This leaves little room for big spending initiatives.

After spending binge, White House says it will focus on deficits - Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei - POLITICO.com

It should focus on deficits, but OhBummer has spent his money on creating new government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Near Manito
20,170 posts, read 24,228,162 times
Reputation: 15284
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Good news. Thanks for posting this.

Some wisdom, as usual, from Andrew Sullivan:

"The way in which cynical and amnesiac Republicans have tried to portray this as classic big government liberalism is a lie. You can debate the merits of each initiative, but this is obviously not an administration as fiscally reckless as the last one. Mercifully, they have a chance to show it in earnest next year. And to call the bluff of those Republicans yelling about spending while having absolutely no plans or ideas for cutting it."


Obama, Deficit Hawk - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan
Wisdom, my patootie. All Andrew the Sissy has to say is "Oh, yeah? Well, Bush was worse. Nar nee nar."

Not a lot of traction with that argument. Ask the voters in New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
25,826 posts, read 20,587,405 times
Reputation: 14813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Wisdom, my patootie. All Andrew the Sissy has to say is "Oh, yeah? Well, Bush was worse. Nar nee nar."

Not a lot of traction with that argument. Ask the voters in New Jersey.

Please, Corzine was so bad, my dog could have gotten elected in New Jersey.


And, Mr. Sullivan's argument does amount to more than just 'Bush was bad', despite the infallibility of that argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
14,044 posts, read 27,103,957 times
Reputation: 7373
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
If you really pay attention to what this administration is doing, they are finding out what the people are concerned about and pretending that they care also. This is just for re-election purposes and nothing else.
That is because Obama is an excellent campaigner. Actually doing the daily stuff associated with governing, a bit more challenging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
20,170 posts, read 24,228,162 times
Reputation: 15284
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Please, Corzine was so bad, my dog could have gotten elected in New Jersey.
Yes, but Christie was fat. A typically elegant Democrat argument.


Quote:
And, Mr. Sullivan's argument does amount to more than just 'Bush was bad', despite the infallibility of that argument.
Infallible, but hopelessly historical. And thus part and parcel of Mr. Sullivan's usual onanistic argumentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top