Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
You don't have to own a car if you don't want to pay insurance. It is a stupid comparison used when people can't justify something that is clearly unconstitutional.
Especially stupid when considering that the federal government does not require car insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 10:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Let me ask this were you against the goverment requiring us to have auto insurance? Were you against the government forcing people into the military? Were you against the government forcing to to pay taxes to ensure that our highway system is maintained? Point is ROY, you did not scream about those and many other government forced programs, but now that healthcare comes along you yell foul. Sorry Roy, but healthcare is coming whther you like it or not. It is high time we as a nation spent less and got more for our healthcare bucks, most of the civilized world is far ahead of us in this are. Same can be said for education. Yes we are a capitalist nation, as are most of the nations of the world, but that in itself does not mean we can not have social programs that are for the good of all the citizens. True, they are not always fun in the most efficient manner but that does not mean they are a bad idea it just means they need to be refomed. Anyway, yell that it is against the constitution all you want, it will not change a thing, healthcare reform is coming, wonder how long it will take for you to sign up, oh wait, you are Already on a government run program, hmmmmmm. Interesting that those already on a government program scream when the government wants to offer the same to others, so what is good for you is bad for everyone else, I get it now.
Casper
I see that you quoted my post and didn't read any of the links. I do think that you may find that you could discuss more intelligently if you knew what the thread is about. Those three dummies proved how simple minded some in Congress can be and that they are just following their leaders who are very far left leaners. You read what they said when asked to defend forced health insurance and how they knew the Constitution said something about it and then lets discuss what they said.

Unconstitutional laws will be thrown out until our Glorious Leader manages to get enough of his people on the benches and they start ruling in his favor. I don't know how they would rule on this grouping of unconstitutional provisions but they will have to tear this foolishness of Pelosi's apart and she knows it.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:28 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Good luck, most of the liberals here are so stupid that trying to get something other than, well Bush did..... is almost impossible.
That wasn't English..

Old 11-15-2009, 06:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
You are quite the joke sir/ma'am. The typical liberal talking ponts and sooo boring. Don't be so sure health care is coming. If it does come it will not stay for long. The principal of Atlas Shrugged has never been nearer.
The hilarious part is going ot come when those people that should have been purchasing their own insurance all along, have to actually buy coverage if the plan comes in. Of course, once it comes in and the sqweels start coming in from the left and they realize it is not enforceable they will crawfish on that and expect the earners to pick it up in its entirety and the system just may come tumbling down. Maybe that wil be a good thing. There will be no safety net and the left will actually have to go to work to survive. What about that Casper...hmmmm? Do you think madam Pelosi will come to your aid then? What a bunch of phony eletist vote whores.
Glad I amuse you. Which talking points would those be and if they are so boring why you reading them, no less relying to them?
You really do not get it do you, obvious from your reply. Many people that do not have insurance today, do work, many employeers do not offer health insurance or don't allow employees to work a full 40hrs per week to become full time and get it. Have you ever tried buying insurance on your own, I think not. If you or a member of your family have any pre-existing conditions the price becomes so high it is unaffordable. Your replies are typical rightwing BS that does not take into account the facts or reality, but then again that is not the point with you righties. Thing is the people of this nation pay more for health care than anyone else in the world and we do not even have the best overall system, and Millions of Americans cannot afford it, sounds like reform is in order to anyone using a bit of logic. As I said, healthcare is coming, whether You like it or not, and no it will not be stopped at a later date, watch and learn.
Casper

Old 11-15-2009, 06:17 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Boehner is quite the constitutional scholar as well ... NOT!

YouTube - Boehner: "PelosiCare" must be defeated

Old 11-15-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you quoted my post and didn't read any of the links. I do think that you may find that you could discuss more intelligently if you knew what the thread is about. Those three dummies proved how simple minded some in Congress can be and that they are just following their leaders who are very far left leaners. You read what they said when asked to defend forced health insurance and how they knew the Constitution said something about it and then lets discuss what they said.

Unconstitutional laws will be thrown out until our Glorious Leader manages to get enough of his people on the benches and they start ruling in his favor. I don't know how they would rule on this grouping of unconstitutional provisions but they will have to tear this foolishness of Pelosi's apart and she knows it.
You know I did not read them, how is that Roy, your cyrstal ball? No, Roy I did read them and I got the pomt you were making, even if you did not fully understand it. Heathcare is Not un-constutional, just like the other items I listed, which you did not bother replying to. If it is I am sure some rightie will try bringing it to the SC, it is the way of the right these days, and as usual, they will lose. No, there is nothing that says healthcare is a right, but that does not change the fact that we need our system reformed, THAT is the point.
Casper

Old 11-15-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Especially stupid when considering that the federal government does not require car insurance.
No, every states does, interesting that you consider the Feds government and the States as non-government, or are you trying to play silly rightie games again. Government is government no matter whether it comes from the Feds or States.
Casper

Old 11-15-2009, 06:00 PM

44 posts, read 42,377 times
Quote:
Glad I amuse you. Which talking points would those be and if they are so boring why you reading them, no less relying to them?
You really do not get it do you, obvious from your reply. Many people that do not have insurance today, do work, many employeers do not offer health insurance or don't allow employees to work a full 40hrs per week to become full time and get it. Have you ever tried buying insurance on your own, I think not. If you or a member of your family have any pre-existing conditions the price becomes so high it is unaffordable. Your replies are typical rightwing BS that does not take into account the facts or reality, but then again that is not the point with you righties. Thing is the people of this nation pay more for health care than anyone else in the world and we do not even have the best overall system, and Millions of Americans cannot afford it, sounds like reform is in order to anyone using a bit of logic. As I said, healthcare is coming, whether You like it or not, and no it will not be stopped at a later date, watch and learn.
Casper
Casper the federal govt. has destroyed social security and practicaly everything they touch costs more than can be done privately. Why would you profess such foolish allegiance to beaurocrats. I fear you may be a beaurocrat. Don't be so sure the health bill will pass. I think it will not.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Christmas View Post
Casper the federal govt. has destroyed social security and practicaly everything they touch costs more than can be done privately. Why would you profess such foolish allegiance to beaurocrats. I fear you may be a beaurocrat. Don't be so sure the health bill will pass. I think it will not.
I don't. Thing is it is not the fault of the government we elected it is ours for allowing it, excpect more and vote Independent.
Casper

Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM

44 posts, read 42,377 times
Quote:
I don't. Thing is it is not the fault of the government we elected it is ours for allowing it, excpect more and vote Independent.
Casper
Then why on earth would you think government would be able to effect a better solution for health care than private enterprise. If you are truly an independent you need to rethink what an independent truly is and believes. Government is incapable of doing anything efficiently. There must be a better way and we should look anywhere else but government. Mandates by government on privae enterprise i could agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies