Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Funny. The Republicans bla bla blaing about how "unconstitutional" this is, but I have not heard of ANYBODY who said they will challenge it in court. Nobody. Wondering why
I've already proclaimed I WILL NOT BUY IT. They can send me to jail and I'll fight it in court. I've been to federal court before, wont be the first, and probably not the last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 08:24 PM

841 posts, read 2,262,421 times
Not everyone has an IQ of 156. Can you blame them for not knowing the constituion?

Old 11-13-2009, 10:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Roy, I love you man... but you are talking about LIBERALS who view the constitution as a road block....

The only thing liberals use the constitution for is to prove they can get abortions or so gay people can marry.
Progs do like to cherry parts of the Constitution for their use but I haven't found the place that supports abortion and sure there is no mention of gays in it.

You are right but I love to hear them make all those noises and see that since I left this afternoon they have shifted away from those 3 idiotic Senators for the discussion.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:13 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,937,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Is forcing ppl to buy car insurance unconstitutionally?
You don't have to own a car if you don't want to pay insurance. It is a stupid comparison used when people can't justify something that is clearly unconstitutional.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:16 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,937,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
No hope? Maybe you could tell me how your comment is true. The Senators couldn't do it but maybe you can print out the ways you think you are right so we can get the info to those three dummies.
Good luck, most of the liberals here are so stupid that trying to get something other than, well Bush did..... is almost impossible.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:19 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,932,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
Not everyone has an IQ of 156.
i think that has been proven time and again by our government officials.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:12 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
How stupid can people be? Well here are three Dems explaining why it is ok to force people to buy health insurance. Totally diverse in that one is white, one from Hawaii, and one black from Illinois. I don't know which one is the stupidest but think it might be Burris. Listen to them talk and see just how bad they are.

Senator Burris, IL CNSNews.com - Sen. Burris Cites Unwritten Constitutional 'Health' Provision to Justify Forcing Americans to Buy Health Insurance (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/56629 - broken link)

Senator Akaka, HA CNSNews.com - Sen. Akaka Says ‘I’m Not Aware’ of Constitution Giving Congress Authority to Make Individuals Buy Health Insurance (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/57024 - broken link)

Senator Reed, RI CNSNews.com - Sen. Reed: Forcing People to Buy Health Insurance is Constitutionally Justified Because It’s Like Making People ‘Sign Up for the Draft’ (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/56971 - broken link)

It is Reed that makes no sense at all and even says he will have to go look up how they justify forcing people to buy health insurance. All of them are purely stupid.

Senator Hatch, UT makes lots more sense and you should enjoy seeing what he says about "Cash for Clunkers".
_________
Let me ask this were you against the goverment requiring us to have auto insurance? Were you against the government forcing people into the military? Were you against the government forcing to to pay taxes to ensure that our highway system is maintained? Point is ROY, you did not scream about those and many other government forced programs, but now that healthcare comes along you yell foul. Sorry Roy, but healthcare is coming whther you like it or not. It is high time we as a nation spent less and got more for our healthcare bucks, most of the civilized world is far ahead of us in this are. Same can be said for education. Yes we are a capitalist nation, as are most of the nations of the world, but that in itself does not mean we can not have social programs that are for the good of all the citizens. True, they are not always fun in the most efficient manner but that does not mean they are a bad idea it just means they need to be refomed. Anyway, yell that it is against the constitution all you want, it will not change a thing, healthcare reform is coming, wonder how long it will take for you to sign up, oh wait, you are Already on a government run program, hmmmmmm. Interesting that those already on a government program scream when the government wants to offer the same to others, so what is good for you is bad for everyone else, I get it now.
Casper

Old 11-14-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Progs do like to cherry parts of the Constitution for their use but I haven't found the place that supports abortion and sure there is no mention of gays in it.

You are right but I love to hear them make all those noises and see that since I left this afternoon they have shifted away from those 3 idiotic Senators for the discussion.
No mention of old people either, so drop you health coverage, it comes from the government and stop taking SS, you probaly already got back more than you paid into it, you are on your own. All or nothing Roy. This nation is an ever developing experiment, meaning that we evolve, hopefully for the better. I assume you would rather we go back to the good old days, when were those Roy, I do not seem to recall?
Casper

Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 AM

You are right but I love to hear them make all those noises and see that since I left this afternoon they have shifted away from those 3 idiotic Senators for the discussion.[/quote]
Of-course you do Roy, you only leave GT to come hear and stir the pot then run back your rightie friends and say how much fun it was, sounds a bit childish to me. I wonder why you even come here, being that there are Lefties and Indes aplenty here. What's the matter, realize that when you and your buds made GT into a righthanded backslapping site by insulting everyone not from the farside until they left the site that GT became boring? Do not answer, I already know the answer, as many here do. Even your bud Sunk comes here from time to time, as we can see the mods here are not so supportive of his natural nasty nature, no fun it that, eh Roy. Why not try being a bit more like the old Roy some us once knew, you know when you actually discussed issues, you remember before you became such a huge fan of people like Ann and Beck and started letting them do your thinking for you. Oh, forget it, you gave that ability up and there is no going back for you now. Good Luck.
Casper

Old 11-14-2009, 03:34 PM

1,133 posts, read 713,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Let me ask this were you against the goverment requiring us to have auto insurance? Were you against the government forcing people into the military? Were you against the government forcing to to pay taxes to ensure that our highway system is maintained? Point is ROY, you did not scream about those and many other government forced programs, but now that healthcare comes along you yell foul. Sorry Roy, but healthcare is coming whther you like it or not. It is high time we as a nation spent less and got more for our healthcare bucks, most of the civilized world is far ahead of us in this are. Same can be said for education. Yes we are a capitalist nation, as are most of the nations of the world, but that in itself does not mean we can not have social programs that are for the good of all the citizens. True, they are not always fun in the most efficient manner but that does not mean they are a bad idea it just means they need to be refomed. Anyway, yell that it is against the constitution all you want, it will not change a thing, healthcare reform is coming, wonder how long it will take for you to sign up, oh wait, you are Already on a government run program, hmmmmmm. Interesting that those already on a government program scream when the government wants to offer the same to others, so what is good for you is bad for everyone else, I get it now.
Casper

You are quite the joke sir/ma'am. The typical liberal talking ponts and sooo boring. Don't be so sure health care is coming. If it does come it will not stay for long. The principal of Atlas Shrugged has never been nearer.
The hilarious part is going ot come when those people that should have been purchasing their own insurance all along, have to actually buy coverage if the plan comes in. Of course, once it comes in and the sqweels start coming in from the left and they realize it is not enforceable they will crawfish on that and expect the earners to pick it up in its entirety and the system just may come tumbling down. Maybe that wil be a good thing. There will be no safety net and the left will actually have to go to work to survive. What about that Casper...hmmmm? Do you think madam Pelosi will come to your aid then? What a bunch of phony eletist vote whores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies