Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 02:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there a chance that we are using so much PC that we are dooming ourselves to something like little terroristic attacks by trying to defend people like Hasan? I firmly believe there is and all the attempts to defend him have been foolish and in the end, fruitless.

Every time I read, view, or hear the latest attempt to portray Nidal Malik Hasan as a “loner” or “victim of racism” or “psychotic” – or (this may be my favorite) someone suffering from something called “PRE-traumatic stress disorder,” I am torn between the desire to scream or laugh. My internal conflict increases when I hear Chicago Mayor Daley suggest the problem is that Americans love guns too much.

Read the article here:

David R. Stokes : The Fertile Crescent - Townhall.com (http://townhall.com/columnists/DavidRStokes/2009/11/15/the_fertile_crescent?page=full&comments=true - broken link)
More rightwing BS, Roy? NO ONE is trying to defend the criminal that is responsible for the criminal acts he commited. Notice I never used the word terrorist, since he is not one, just a nut that cracked, the Army failed in this one.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 04:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
More rightwing BS, Roy? NO ONE is trying to defend the criminal that is responsible for the criminal acts he commited. Notice I never used the word terrorist, since he is not one, just a nut that cracked, the Army failed in this one.
Casper
I suppose you are one of those who want to use pre-traumatic stress as an excuse for him. He was going to Iraq or some other place where he might have to defend himself against an attack by some ME Muslim? The man is a terrorist and it is so simple for anybody not so left and anti-Bush to see. Ooops, Bush is gone.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:26 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Is there a chance that we are using so much PC that we are dooming ourselves to something like little terroristic attacks by trying to defend people like Hasan? I firmly believe there is and all the attempts to defend him have been foolish and in the end, fruitless.

Every time I read, view, or hear the latest attempt to portray Nidal Malik Hasan as a “loner” or “victim of racism” or “psychotic” – or (this may be my favorite) someone suffering from something called “PRE-traumatic stress disorder,” I am torn between the desire to scream or laugh. My internal conflict increases when I hear Chicago Mayor Daley suggest the problem is that Americans love guns too much.

Read the article here:

David R. Stokes : The Fertile Crescent - Townhall.com (http://townhall.com/columnists/DavidRStokes/2009/11/15/the_fertile_crescent?page=full&comments=true - broken link)

It is truely insulting and offensive to actual peaceful Muslims to have such PC tolerance for insane extremists. It would be analagous to Christians embracing Timothy McVeigh- none do so and the thought would be repulisve to Christians.

This guy was and is an Islamic radical terrorist. Let's call a spade a spade.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
I suppose you are one of those who want to use pre-traumatic stress as an excuse for him. He was going to Iraq or some other place where he might have to defend himself against an attack by some ME Muslim? The man is a terrorist and it is so simple for anybody not so left and anti-Bush to see. Ooops, Bush is gone.
What a load of .....I said no one is defending the criminal and for you to even suggest that I would am defending him for his criminal acts tells me how far over the edge you have truely gone. Did I mention Bush, nope, YOU did. The man is a criminal, someone that should have been caught and dealt with by the Army long before he acted out. Do you even see that, or is your hate hate of anything not far right at point that you refuse to see any truth that does not fit the wild arse far right propaganda? I wonder at times.
Casper

Old 11-15-2009, 04:40 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
There is NO SUCH THING as PRE-traumatic Stress Disorder. He made it up.
This guy was born here in the USA. He volunteered for the Army. He is simply a Traitor and a Murderer.
Exactly.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:41 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,685 times
Quote:
Casper
He was and is an islamic terrorist. To ignore his religious and terrorist motivations is tantamount to being his accomplice.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:41 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
I haven't heard anyone defend Hasan. The author of that article has a strange circle of friends.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
He was and is an islamic terrorist.
Even if he is, so what? How is calling him a homocidal maniac seen as defending him?
Quote:
To ignore his religious and terrorist motivations is tantamount to being his accomplice.
Huh? I don't know his motivations. You don't either. We will find out. None of this amounts to defending his actions.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:45 PM

44 posts, read 42,377 times
Quote:
Casper

What if he had used an explosive belt instead of a gun, would he then be a terrorist?

Old 11-15-2009, 04:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Christmas View Post
What if he had used an explosive belt instead of a gun, would he then be a terrorist?
Would have been more cowardly, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies