Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:34 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
wow a lot of stereotypical racism going on in here! What the hell is the comment with STDs and blacks also?

Yes, its amazing isn't it. Each and everytime one of these threads are started, you get the same posters spewing off the 2005 statistics that has been refuted time and time again. Its amazing how the Justice department has NOT updated their statistics since 2005.
But you get these folks jumping on here with the "blacks need to acknowledge crime rate" crap. Everyone is responsible for their own action...thats like saying white's need to acknowledge white pedophiles and serial killers, hispanics need to acknowledge the gang bangers, Italians need to acknowledge the mob mentality. enough is enough. Crime is crime no matter who the committs it.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:35 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
your opinion is not a stat. The underlying cause in nearly every study on crime rates is poverty. Not race. Being black or pink does not cause one to commit crimes. Being poor, hungry, homeless, etc does.

Working hard does not gurantee moving up. You can work 2 full time jobs at min. wage and still be in poverty.
No one has proven that poverty is a cause of crime. Studies have only found correlations. Race also does not cause crime. Who here has said that? But there are issues that more frequently and profoundly affect the black community, and those issues are at the root of crime.

Working hard does not guarantee moving up; neither does being poor guarantee one will be a criminal.

My statistics are correct. Sorry you don't understand them.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM

7,535 posts, read 11,377,454 times
Quote:

what we found was a strong relationship between black male joblessness and single-parent families. We found that employed fathers were two-and-a-half times more likely to marry the mother of their first child than jobless fathers.

Neighborhoods in which people are poor and working are entirely different from neighborhoods in which people are poor and jobless...

First Measured Century: Interview: William Julius Wilson

Reduce the unemployment rate of Black males and you will see a lot of social problems reduced over time.

Last edited by Motion; 11-19-2009 at 01:44 PM..

Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,058,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Yes, its amazing isn't it. Each and everytime one of these threads are started, you get the same posters spewing off the 2005 statistics that has been refuted time and time again. Its amazing how the Justice department has NOT updated their statistics since 2005.
But you get these folks jumping on here with the "blacks need to acknowledge crime rate" crap. Everyone is responsible for their own action...thats like saying white's need to acknowledge white pedophiles and serial killers, hispanics need to acknowledge the gang bangers, Italians need to acknowledge the mob mentality. enough is enough. Crime is crime no matter who the committs it.
Bernie Madoff was a JEW!!!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 01:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
perhaps you should understand how to actually read statistics before believing them. Race is not the cause factor.

Oh and statistics can lie cheat and steal. They are done by humans.
Of course race is not the cause factor. I could care less about the race. The high crime rate, which directly correlates to certain racial makeups, is what caused me to move into the suburbs.

It doesn't matter to me if you're black, white, yellow, or red; if the collective actions of a community are such that I feel that my family is threatened, then I will move.

You can debunk stats all you want, but there are plenty of studies to prove that the black population has a higher crime rate. In the case that I fled to the suburbs, the crime rate was high and the city was majority black. Only a liberal like yourself would try to turn it around into a case of not "understand{ing} how to actually read statistics." Pure idiocy, but par for the course for liberal flunkies.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Bernie Madoff was a JEW!!!!!

LMAO...not gonna touch that one. ehhh ehh Not gonna touch it.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,768,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Greeting's,

The "Crime Rate" in America is truly an unfortunate matter of enormous concern for millions of American Citizens !

And the degree of concern expressed among so many Americans is quite frankly a matter of statistics ..... and statistics do not lie !

Regardless of what "Race" we as Americans are ..... We are not a "Racist simply because we can read and understand that a certain race of Americans are committing more crimes than others !

Just a glance at the "Race" populations of prisioners in America's overcrowded "Jail and Prisons" should easily convince a logical person of whom is committting the " Most Violent Crimes" in this nation!

We are not being a "Racist" simply because we know the facts and are concerned for the safety of our children and neighborhoods. Only a complete idiot would attempt to play the "Race Card" on anyone for speaking the truth regarding this important matter !

As a matter of fact it's the proven "Criminal Element" in the cities and towns whom should be legally forced to move out ..... and not the law abiding citizens of all races concerned !

To the "Race Card" Loonies among us I have a suggestion : QUITYERBELLYACHIN !

Afterall it's your neighborhood too, and your family ..... Do you want to live in a crime ridden and dangerous community where it's not safe for the children to play outside ?

Anyone whom would apply the "Racist" lable to this issue is absolutely and acutely "Dellusional !

Thanks / Lamar
you are the delusional one who thinks police don't profile and courts are fair. thats delusional

Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,058,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
LMAO...not gonna touch that one. ehhh ehh Not gonna touch it.
Ill probably be banned for it.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Of course race is not the cause factor. I could care less about the race. The high crime rate, which directly correlates to certain racial makeups, is what caused me to move into the suburbs.

I could care less if your're black, white, yellow, or red; if the collective actions of a community are such that I feel that my family is threatened, then I will move. In the case that I fled to the suburbs, the crime rate was high and the city was majority black.

You can debunk stats all you want, but there are plenty of facts the prove that the black population has a higher crime rate. Only a liberal like yourself would deny that fact.

Aero, i'm on the department of justice website. As of 2005, i do not see anything current to show these statistics that you all are talking about. Crime has risen in the past year, you would think that they would have an update on their site.
There is no disputing the population of prisons, i'm just looking for 2008/2009 data that shows that EACH YEAR blacks are committing higher rates of crimes. Not reported crimes, but crimes that they have been convicted and sentenced for, this statistics is missing...WHY?

Old 11-19-2009, 01:43 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,768,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
No one has proven that poverty is a cause of crime. Studies have only found correlations. Race also does not cause crime. Who here has said that? But there are issues that more frequently and profoundly affect the black community, and those issues are at the root of crime.

Working hard does not guarantee moving up; neither does being poor guarantee one will be a criminal.

My statistics are correct. Sorry you don't understand them.

please supply you stats that show race in crime without underlying socio-economic issues. I await them.

Secondly science never PROVES anything. Correlation is as close as it gets and the correlation is poverty not race.

I wait for your peer reviewed research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies