Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 12:43 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,280,619 times

Advertisements

I listened to the debates and ignored the dire warning commenrcials. I concluded one thing. This bill is packed with pork. I am not pointing fingers. It makes no difference to me as to who did it, who gets what, or what kind of back room deal was made.

The only thing that will resonate in Congress is the word NO.

NO to the Health Care Bill.

The problem is not that we do not need health care. The problem is the health care bill is upside down. Like any good house health care reform must be built on a solid foundation from the ground up. This bill has zero common sense. It was built in the clouds on K-Street checkbooks.

Senatorial mugging to the cameras, the back room deals with lobby money, and all the whining of Congress will not put this Humpty-Dumpty together this year or next.

This is an open call for all Moderate Americans of all colors, all politcal parties, to unite and deliver a powerful message to Congress. If you vote yes fpr this Health Care Bill - I vote NO. I won't vote for YOU.

NO Bill!

Let the House start anew with open ears. Let them begin with the people that live the life. Those who live in rural and remote areas, caregivers who stay home and care for dying family members, the seniors, the poor the under-employed, the nursing home employees, and the middle class who see the dreams for their children slipping away.

Congress should listen to what we know and not be swayed by emotional appeals, or take corporate suits with an agenda too seriously.

We all have a story that needs to be heard. Just say NO Bill!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:36 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
The creation of 70+ new government programs in the bill have absolutely nothing to do with healthcare and everything to do with growing the size of government.

Nothing screams port like the "Louisiana Purchase" payoff just to obtain the success of the first cloture vote.

People need to get this through their heads: Obamacare is not about providing healthcare; it is about legislating the control of the government over every aspect of American's lives from cradle to grave.

Do you value your liberty so little as to trade it for the false security blanket of government mandated social programs?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:42 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Why cant they dither like they are in Afghanistan and step back and think this over?

What is the hurry? They have had control of congress for 3 years and never worried about it before.

I say they need to stop in their tracks, do something else for a change. ( someone please let them know they have other things to do )

This bill has shown just how weak our system really is.

The game playing is crazy, the payoffs are illegal and the bill will cost us more then if we just handed everyone who does not have insurance a free get out of jail card to pay for their insurance.

We already have free HC for losers, all those welfare bums get free medical so why are they in a hurry?

They need to slow down, backup, stop and start all over again. The majority of the people do NOT want this bill in the first place.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:54 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Why cant they dither like they are in Afghanistan and step back and think this over?

What is the hurry? They have had control of congress for 3 years and never worried about it before..................

They need to slow down, backup, stop and start all over again. The majority of the people do NOT want this bill in the first place.
1) The administration and the "progressive Congress" do not give a rat's hind end about what the people want. They want POWER and they can taste it like a lioness smells fresh blood. They grab for more power with the all the compulsion of meth. addicts feeding an addiciton.

2) The goal of introducing thousand+ page legislative bills with little time to consider is to wear down the opposition. The Obama administration is hoping to tire out those who are willing to speak out against it so that they can "make a FUNDEMENTAL CHANGE in America" with little consequential opposition.

We must remain vigilant against those who choose to turn this country from a representative republic to a "social democracy". We must guard our liberty with jealousy from all who seek to take it from us. We must have endurance for this war upon liberty and freedom began nearly 100 years ago and will continue without end. We must be in it for the duration because the Marxists will take advantage of any stumble or perceived lack of strength in our resolve.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 11-24-2009 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-24-2009, 10:55 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
They are bribing sneator oturight because they don't ahve the votes. posk is alive and well in this congress and administrtion.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:26 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
Keeping people healthy now, no matter how poor they are, will be a whole lot cheaper than allowing them to develop chronic health problems down the road. If they want to stop smoking, and drinking, or lose weight, by all means, help them out. Our priorities are screwed up. Health should be # 1, not war. I know a lot of people who will not be able to pay for coverage.
Time for my parsley juice. : )

Old 11-24-2009, 12:29 PM

300 posts, read 430,193 times
I am a physician and I STRONGLY OPPOSE the current legislation in the House and Senate. Specifically, I do not support the government option provision. I do not support mandating insurance coverage. And there are other provisions as well I oppose.

The Federal Government is far too intrusive into our personal life's. They have no business in the health care business. And, as a physician, I can say, from personal experience, the amount they have screwed up Medicare is one of the reasons that any public "option" should not be allowed or considered. Many of my colleagues (and myself) have stopped taking Medicare - and this has unfortunately put a tremendous burden on many of my patients - some whom have been with me for a very long time. But, we can not longer stay in business with the pittance that Medicare reimburses - and they are going to reduce even more in January.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We already have free HC for losers, all those welfare bums get free medical so why are they in a hurry?
I am really tired of hearing other human beings referred to as "losers" and "bums". May you never be in need.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:37 PM

272 posts, read 295,783 times
It's ridiculous first to call it free and second to call them losers. Some of the people without insurance work very hard but can't afford the high premiums of an individual policy. Have you seen a construction worker, landscaper, roofer or hair dresser work. They work very hard for their money unfortunately in our country the wages of these workers didn't keep up with the cost of buying individual insurance ( yes many once did have insurance when it was affordable). I hear you now get that degree....ok who fills the job to do your hair and fix your house, do your plumbing and how about day care. Those people aren't losers in fact they work pretty darn hard for their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies