Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:15 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,838,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
He was ashamed he didn't have health insurance? LOL! Boy the wife jumped on that one quick, didn't she? Ada must be a left winger and does not accept personal responsibility just like her husband.

nah sounds like a conservative, he and his wife had personal responsibility on seeing how big he could get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,705,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
He was ashamed he didn't have health insurance? LOL! Boy the wife jumped on that one quick, didn't she? Ada must be a left winger and does not accept personal responsibility just like her husband.
Actually, I knew the righties would jump on that. That's why I posted it in the headline.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:17 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,316,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Ok. They come. They get him.

And then the couple falls thousands in debt?
If you can't pay back a few thousand you can't pay back $100,000. Beats dying.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:18 PM

689 posts, read 743,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm getting so sick and tired of having to ask people this question around here!

DID YOU BOTHER TO READ THE ARTICLE????

The man went into the hospital for a knee injury and was sent home because they had no insurance to keep him there for treatment or recovery. When he first arrived home, his wife TRIED to find help for him, but couldn't get anyone to come to them to provide it, and he COULDN'T get up from the chair because of his KNEE INJURY.
How many people do you know who have had knee surgery just stay at the hospital for "treatment and recovery". I know aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllotttt of people who have knee surgeries. Two of my co-workers just had knee surgery. Of all the people I know who have had it, I don't know any of them to just hang out at the hospital until they get the green light from the doctor to do "whatever". This guy weighed 550 lbs. His weight likely led to the injury to begin with. I don't think physical therapy was part of his "plan". I don't mean this to be mean at all (it's sad actually), but there is such a thing as a little personal responsibility.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:18 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,838,936 times
maybe he was a moderate since he was in the middle of his chair, right arm of chair,left arm of chair!(now im really making fun of him) RIP

Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,451,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post

How many people do you know who have had knee surgery just stay at the hospital for "treatment and recovery". I know aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllotttt of people who have knee surgeries. Two of my co-workers just had knee surgery. Of all the people I know who have had it, I don't know any of them to just hang out at the hospital until they get the green light from the doctor to do "whatever". This guy weighed 550 lbs. His weight likely led to the injury to begin with. I don't think physical therapy was part of his "plan". I don't mean this to be mean at all (it's sad actually), but there is such a thing as a little personal responsibility.
How many people do you know who are over 500 pounds, which is a serious medical condition in and of itself, who are sent home from a hospital with a knee injury and dumped in a chair by paramedics who knew damn well they'd never get up out of it in their condition?

He needed medical attention and he didn't get it because he was uninsured.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:25 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,316,297 times
Quote:
How many people do you know who are over 500 pounds, which is a serious medical condition in and of itself, who are sent home from a hospital with a knee injury and dumped in a chair by paramedics who knew damn well they'd never get up out of it in their condition?

Boo hoo. The guy probably ate 10,000 calories a day. Wonder how much they spent feeding the guy.

Maybe we should just turn all babies over to Uncle Sam at birth.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,705,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Boo hoo. The guy probably ate 10,000 calories a day. Wonder how much they spent feeding the guy. :
If only he had been on a low-carb diet...

Old 11-19-2009, 11:28 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,451,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post

Boo hoo. The guy probably ate 10,000 calories a day. Wonder how much they spent feeding the guy.

Maybe we should just turn all babies over to Uncle Sam at birth.
You disgust me.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread before I get myself an infraction for telling you what I really think of you.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:29 PM

689 posts, read 743,840 times
Quote:

Yes Jill...he most certainly died due to lack of medical insurance because there was absolutely NOTHING he and his wife could have done to prevent this whatsoever. The lack of medical insurance killed this 5-800 lb. (apparently debatable) man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies