Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristansmommy View Post
so why then was a president so intent on going in? I'm just sayin
o-i-l
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 09:59 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

War is necessary to PROTECT a country.. however Iraq was , as we found out later, no real threat. So why then was a President so intent on going in? i'm just sayin
Does that really even make sense to you? Re-read you're own sentence and think about what you just said.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:03 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Does that really even make sense to you? Re-read you're own sentence and think about what you just said.

I'm talking about WE THE PEOPLE found out later. The government and administration already knew that!

We were the ones duped by the administration and told they were a threat .. blah blah blah.. only we found out that was LIE and we found out later they were not really a threat.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I'm talking about WE THE PEOPLE found out later. The government and administration already knew that!

We were the ones duped by the administration and told they were a threat .. blah blah blah.. only we found out that was LIE and we found out later they were not really a threat.
That's just naive. The "axis of evil" is playing out right before your very eyes and you're still denying it.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Don't include me in that statement. Congress declared war and they didn't even have all the facts yet they did it anyway.
Any astute person saw the change from "hunting down Bin Laden" to "let's get Saddam instead". It was shocking that our Congress bought it hook, line and sinker and then after the fact, claimed they were duped.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:07 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That's just naive. The "axis of evil" is playing out right before your very eyes and you're still denying it.
LOL.. nieve.. yeah.. okay.. whatever.

I was nieve to believe the Bush Adminstration.

Afghan was the real threat.. and look what a diasaster that is.. one that we are having a hard time getting out of as a result..

Please....

BTW.. if you note I said that Ido not feel that only the wealthy need to pay for the wars anyway.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
LOL.. nieve.. yeah.. okay.. whatever.

I was nieve to believe the Bush Adminstration.

Afghan was the real threat.. and look what a diasaster that is.. one that we are having a hard time getting out of as a result..

Please....

BTW.. if you note I said that Ido not feel that only the wealthy need to pay for the wars anyway.
We went to Afghanistan to get Bin Laden who they said was responsible for 9/11. That should have been a simple covert CIA operation.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:11 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
In WWII, EVERYONE had to make sacrifices.

That was the last major war that we ended with a clear cut victory,also.

-----" light is the task when many share the toil "-
Ever heard of Daddy Warbucks?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:14 AM

I did note that. However by the standards you're using, at the time we went to Iraq, neither Iran or North Korea were "really" threats but alas they really were. Now there is not three anymore but to major rouge states. Afghanistan is a threat but not as much of a global threat as that axis was. In fact after we were in Iraq the found that as the front lines for Jihad and causing them to lose there deliverers a devastating blow to extreme Islamic fascist.

http://www.fas.org/irp/dni/trends.pdf

Quote:
We assess that the underlying factors fueling the spread of the movement outweigh its vulnerabilities and are likely to do so for the duration of the timeframe of this Estimate.
• Four underlying factors are fueling the spread of the jihadist movement: (1) Entrenched grievances, such as corruption, injustice, and fear of Western domination, leading to anger, humiliation, and a sense of powerlessness;
(2) the Iraq “jihad;”
(3) the slow pace of real and sustained economic, social, and
political reforms in many Muslim majority nations; and
(4) pervasive anti-US sentiment among most Muslims—all of which jihadists exploit.
Quote:
Concomitant vulnerabilities in the jihadist movement have emerged that, if fully exposed and exploited, could begin to slow the spread of the movement. They include dependence on the continuation of Muslim-related conflicts, the limited appeal of the jihadists’ radical ideology, the emergence of respected voices of moderation, and criticism of the violent tactics employed against mostly Muslim citizens.
Basically what that means is if the people are given a voice in their government they, themselves, will weed out this extremism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies