Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:44 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,926 times

Advertisements

It's nice to see that even after the election, conservatives are still playing the "liberal gotcha media" card every time they expose themselves as being shamefully ignorant regarding the issues they care about most.

Last Wednesday, a media firestorm erupted after a seventeen-year-old girl named Jackie was interviewed by MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell while standing in line during Sarah Palin's Michigan book signing. Jackie, wearing a shirt that read, "The US government handed out $700 billion in Wall Street bailouts and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" was caught off-guard when O'Donnell informed her that Sarah Palin was on record as supporting the bailout.

Read the rest:
David Vines: If It Were Me, I'd Be Embarrassed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 03:25 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
What's with all these armchair Justices lately? "The Constitution!"

Did that guy actually say, "Keep the government at the size it should be?" Is he unaware of Article I, Section 4; Article II, Section 1 and Article III?

They haven't a clue what they're yammering about. Regurgitated talking points.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 AM

11 posts, read 11,472 times
I'd be embarrassed too if I had to rely on tripping up 17 year olds as another way to make fun of Palin.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveningGrace View Post
I'd be embarrassed too if I had to rely on tripping up 17 year olds as another way to make fun of Palin.
At what age should someone know who they're supporting? I was in boot camp at 17. Seventeen is plenty old enough to discern fact from fiction. And if 17 is too young, what's she doing there in the first place, wearing a t-shirt that makes a political statement? Unless her birthday was within the last few weeks, she'll be voting next year. Her age is no excuse for ignorance.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
It's nice to see that even after the election, conservatives are still playing the "liberal gotcha media" card every time they expose themselves as being shamefully ignorant regarding the issues they care about most.

Last Wednesday, a media firestorm erupted after a seventeen-year-old girl named Jackie was interviewed by MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell while standing in line during Sarah Palin's Michigan book signing. Jackie, wearing a shirt that read, "The US government handed out $700 billion in Wall Street bailouts and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" was caught off-guard when O'Donnell informed her that Sarah Palin was on record as supporting the bailout.

Read the rest:

Well if you look economist are now saying that the cost of the stimulus spending will reach 700 billion a year in cost by 2019. So I really doubt one girl with a T shirt means much in comparison. The TARP money is flowing back but the stimulus isn't coming back except for what califonrnia is seeing now. Future nmasive spending cuts and raisng all taxes and fees to pay it with the interest back

Old 11-23-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Well if you look economist are now saying that the cost of the stimulus spending will reach 700 billion a year in cost by 2019.

I think you have your studies mixed up. The stimulus will be completely spent by 2011.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:02 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
At what age should someone know who they're supporting? I was in boot camp at 17. Seventeen is plenty old enough to discern fact from fiction. And if 17 is too young, what's she doing there in the first place, wearing a t-shirt that makes a political statement? Unless her birthday was within the last few weeks, she'll be voting next year. Her age is no excuse for ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveningGrace View Post

It looks like the leftie was not satisfied enough to go after Palin, she takes at shot at the kid too. There no limit to how low the left will go.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:

Read the rest:
and your point is? I can't believe you would even post this. The kid wanted to read Palin's book she obviously supports Palin and she apparently doesn't totally understand the world around her, but of course you did at 17?

I fail to see what this has to do with anything except some more hatred the libs hold so dear to their heartless hearts.

Nita

Old 11-23-2009, 05:16 AM

366 posts, read 297,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you point is? I can't believe you would even post this. The kid wanted to read Palin's book she obviously supports Palin and she apparently doesn't totally understand the world around here, but of course you did at 17?

I fail to see what this has to do with anything except some more hatred the libs hold so dear to their heartless hearts.

Nita
I wholeheartedly agree. I think this is just an attempt to steer the topic away from the global warming fraud.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:

Read the rest:
I was hoping one of you libs would bring this up. This shows your absolute ignorance of how things work in politics.

First of all, the girl handled herself very well. But of course this was a setup, and O'Donnell was doing what libs always do, trying to make the girl look stupid and ignorant.

Of course Palin, as McCain's running mate (McCain supported the stimulus), had to support the issues that McCain supported! What else could she do?

A VP candidate is not going to openly speak against policies that the Presidential candidate supports. That would certainly destroy the ticket, would it not?

O'Donnell took advantage of this poor young girl's ignorance of politics. This was pretty shameful of her, and O'Donnell knew Palin had no choice but to support McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies