Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You want to bet it had nothing to do that she is a woman. I posted the letter like others did because I agree with most of it---DUH.

If you are part of the over 50 crowd you know about AARP and their deluge of mail to join. You also have been keeping up with the news on how they caved in when Obama promised they could sell insurance to seniors when medicare plus went south. Most if not all seniors like their additional insurance and do not want to see it stop and not stupid enough not to know about AARP's money grab.
Yeah, I wanna "bet" it has NOTHING to do with gender.

So do you post EVERYTHING with which you agree on CD? Did you realize that you'd be such an easy mark for those super-rich insurance companies! At least the woman who "wrote" that letter probably got some "reward" for doing it. LOL As I said, big insurance knows EXACTLY WHAT IT IS DOING with getting "ordinary folks" to write such "letters."

You should demand some compensation for doing as much work for them as you have done by posting "their" letter on the Internet! .........

Btw, how many of your letters to big organizations have made their way around on the Internet just because you sent copies to a few friends? LOL STOP and THINK about that story. Most people have enough common sense to at least question such a "unique" outcome.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 11:55 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's funny how "the left" doesnt circulate fake emails. Wonder why that is.

Right. Maybe "the left" has more integrity and more common sense.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:59 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Below Is a letter to the Executive Director of the American Association of Retired Persons. I believe it says more than any one professional politician could ever utter. While many think I am over the top about politics, I beg you to not assume that I am wrong.
[/i][/b]
It sure does. It says that the writer of the letter has lost her damn mind. Poor thing. How sad that her paranoia has been so publicly documented. If I were her daughter, I'd feel sorry for her.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:02 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Right. Maybe "the left" has more integrity and more common sense.
Most of the left (some are waking up) are falling for a health bill and believing it won't cost that much or put the country into bankruptcy. Talk about being naive and without common sense.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:05 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
You want to bet it had nothing to do that she is a woman.

I posted the letter like others did because I agree with most of it---DUH.

If you are part of the over 50 crowd you know about AARP and their deluge of mail to join. You also have been keeping up with the news on how they caved in when Obama promised they could sell insurance to seniors when medicare plus went south. Most if not all seniors like their additional insurance and do not want to see it stop and not stupid enough not to know about AARP's money grab.
Ya, I'll bet thousands of dollars...no one criticized the stupid letter because a woman allegedly wrote it.DUH And if they did, then they are as stupid as anyone who falls for these "chain" letters .

Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Most of the left (some are waking up) are falling for a health bill and believing it won't cost that much or put the country into bankruptcy. Talk about being naive and without common sense.
I don't CARE what health reform costs just like YOU don't CARE what the wars cost.....

Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 PM

190 posts, read 210,450 times
Will anyone else be glad when a portion this demographic is no longer dipping into our Social Security, driving up medical costs, babbling senescently, opining their superannuated ideologies, and writing letters that no one else could really give a rat's ass about?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Yeah Right.

This letter is not fake.

snopes.com: Letter to AARP
That's been noted numerous times in both the original and your duplicate. Maybe if you read what people wrote you'd look a little less.... ignorant.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM

190 posts, read 210,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
That's been noted numerous times in both the original and your duplicate. Maybe if you read what people wrote you'd look a little less.... ignorant.
Further, who cares if it is genuine or not; it's just some codger's opinion.

Here, here's my open letter to the AARP, and it is NOT A FAKE:

Dear AARP,

Please be more careful with your mail. Apparently someone takes the letters you receive and turns them into email and message board SPAM used by bored and lonely old conservatives to annoy their grandkids.

Sincerely,

GoBusta

Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBusta View Post
Further, who cares if it is genuine or not; it's just some codger's opinion.
You mean, like yours (and everybody else's on C-D) ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies