Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:28 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sarene: You've made several comments in this thread saying that "most liberals hate" Jewish people. As a liberal with many liberal friends I resent your generalization. It simply isn't true nor fair to make a blanket statement like that. I think you have liberals mixed up with the KKK who freely admit to being in the 'hate business.'
No, Sanrene has liberals mixed up with the far leftists. Liberals certainly don't hate Jewish people. In fact many Jews are liberal.
The far leftists though, a couple of whom are on this thread, are quite different. Of course, they'll say that they hate "zionists" and go on to attack "zionists" using the most apocalyptic, irrational terms. Very similar in that sense to the extreme right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
You are implying that a visit to the Temple Mount by an Israeli leader, a site open to visits by tourists and Israelis and Arabs every day, was a valid reason for the launching of a campaign of mass murder. Crazy. Again, this reflects an extreme leftist point of view.
You alluded to the notion that an intifada was ordered by Arafat as a direct follow-on to the failure of the Camp David summit to reach a final agreement. There was certainly disappointment and considerable anger among Palestinians over the outcome of those talks, but there were more provocations added over the following months by Israelis who knew full well that an unstable situation existed. An Israeli leader is not a garden variety tourist. The probable effect of that visit was well nown to Israelis in advance. Neither is killing unarmed youths in the streets where they live a good way to display your intentions to work toward peace.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:46 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
The far leftists though, a couple of whom are on this thread, are quite different. Of course, they'll say that they hate "zionists" and go on to attack "zionists" using the most apocalyptic, irrational terms. Very similar in that sense to the extreme right.
Speaking for myself, I don't have any hatred for anyone. But I don't think very highly of those people who set one bar for what constitutes reprehensible action on the part of Palestinians, and a completely different bar for what constitutes reprehensible action on the part of Israelis.

It may be well to bear in mind that the kill-ratios in this long-standing conflict are highly lopsided in the favor of Israel, the moreso with respect to children, and the moreso yet during times of intifada. Off the charts entirely meanwhile is the ratio of Palestinian buildings destroyed by Israel to Israeli buildings destroyed by Palestinians.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
Saganista Knows nothing about US involvement in the ME

Nothing
And only her mind-numbed ramblings would tie in New Orleans with a discussion about diplomatic relations with Israel. We need a discronificator to translate posts by Saganista.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:56 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Speaking for myself, I don't have any hatred for anyone. But I don't think very highly of those people who set one bar for what constitutes reprehensible action on the part of Palestinians, and a completely different bar for what constitutes reprehensible action on the part of Israelis.

It may be well to bear in mind that the kill-ratios in this long-standing conflict are highly lopsided in the favor of Israel, the moreso with respect to children, and the moreso yet during times of intifada. Off the charts entirely meanwhile is the ratio of Palestinian buildings destroyed by Israel to Israeli buildings destroyed by Palestinians.
One side, Israel, is responding to acts of war, and the other side is only interested in acts of terror that kill civilians.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The New York Times > Log In

We told you it would be so. We warned you this empty suit was nothing more than that.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » NYT: Obama’s an amateur
So all of sudden the NYT is a credible source according to you? I would bet that if this particular Op-ed was approving of the President's handling of this particular issue, you wouldn't have given it the time of day, and probably would have tried to dispute it had someone else posted it.

Another viewpoint, from none other than Tony Blair:

Tony Blair Defends Obama On Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,828 times
Quote:

Moral equivalency is a common fallacy in arguments put forward by the far left. Palestinian terror groups, AS A MATTER OF POLICY, target civilians. This is a fact that you cannot deny, and indeed it is not denied by Hamas, Islamic Jihad, the Al-Aksa Martyr Brigades of the PLO, or any of the others. And their long record clearly reflects that.

And they will readily admit that their policy of murder is not dependent on what Israel does or does not do. Their war is a war on Israel's mere existence, by their own pronouncements.

Again, your viewpoint is one distorted by your extremely leftist lens.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Right. Carter coordinated that whole Munich Olympics thing, too. You can make a better case that Eisenhower and his idiot Secretary of State Dulles were the fathers of Islamic extremism in our time.

Maybe you could read some actual history of the time. The pro-democracy groups in Iran -- drawn mostly from the educated commercial middle and upper-middle classes -- favored the return of Khomeini to power. This was because they believed that he would merely organize and lead an Islamic advisory council to a government that would actually be run by them, the key people in the country's economic system.

They were completely wrong about that, and you are completely wrong about assumptions you make based upon a near total ignorance of the situation in Iran in 1979 and the roots, causes, and long-standing processes that lay behind and underneath that situation.

Standard liberal diversionary logic. When the facts are uncomfortable, change the subject. Your complete ignorance of the Shah's government and the forces that led to the return of the Ayatollah make it difficult to carry on a meaningful discussion with you Saggy. Perhaps you should read a little about the circumstances that led to the rise of the Islamic extremists in Iran and the role that the Carter administration played in that development. Saggy, I am really beginning to doubt your academic credentials (supposed) as it is doubtful that you have had any secondary education by your confused lines of "logic".

You never read anything anyway (sometimes I wonder if you actually can read), so posting links is an exercise in futility with you. Nonetheless, Saggy, here is your link to refute your nonsense once again.

http://www.albionmonitor.com/0807a/c...nisupport.html

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 11-30-2009 at 11:01 AM..

Old 11-30-2009, 10:59 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Ethics, morals, and integrity are cornerstone traits for those entrusted with a fiduciary responsibility. Tragic that so many don't recognize the correlation.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:41 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
No, Sanrene has liberals mixed up with the far leftists. Liberals certainly don't hate Jewish people. In fact many Jews are liberal.
I'm not aware of the extreme right hating zionists. ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies